Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

3.1

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

L&T had unexpectedly come to our campus for placements. We were informed about its coming only before a week or so. They wanted a shortlist of top 50 people from our branch(EEE), to whom they conducted first round which is an online apti and verbal test. It was quite as normal as a general standard apti n verbal test.
    Then they took about 25 people to the next round, after shortlisting. This next round is a technical interview that happened after 2 days from the day of first round. To my surprise, nothing much was asked about technical side during an interview. They asked me about a seminar that I had taken as a part of academic course. I explained it for about 7-10 mins.
    The interviewer then asked me HR questions like 'what do you know about L&T?..'Are you willing to work anywhere in India?'..and most importantly 'Are you capable of working in field?'. This interview ran for about 30-40 mins.
    Immediately after this technical round, there was a HR interview where I was just asked to submit the copies of my grade sheets and certificates and he asked me very few questions of which 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?..'How do u overcome them?' are few to name. That was the end of HR round.
    And then,
    ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... It was all about waiting and waiting and waiting for the result.
    Finally it did come after one n half month and the result was that I made it!

Graduate Commerce Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Bangalore (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

I got placed from ma colz as placements,There s nly two levels..in selection process. 1 s online test and one combined hr n tr interview... Online test was sooo easy there will b of maths /,*,-,+, and logical questions and also shld find out d odd 1out... Interview was quite good

Interview Questions

• Tell me abt urself? Indirect tax Vat Future goals Y shld i hire u   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being confidential s more important

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

initially there will be a general aptitude test followed by an interview will be with an HR executive and then by a panel of 2 to 3 people who would mostly want to know about yourself, your previous experience and access your caliber and compatibality

Interview Questions

• panel will ask business scenario based questions and access your response   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Indore (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

The very first task is to make the interviewer believe that you are really interested in joining the company. First question asked was, "Are you really interested in joining Larsen & Toubro ?".
    The old person was trying to make me say 'NO' by telling me about so many difficulties that I will have to face in the company if I join.But I was stuck to my words.
    Then he asked me to tell about my family background and then he asked me so many technical questions. I answered about half of them. One more important point is to keep the atmosphere light and answer in light manner and keep smiling.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions: How many types of transformers are there??? What are the specifications of a transformer to identify it uniquely?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment centre. There was a multiple choice test initially. There was one tech and one hr interviewer. They were friendly.Mostly HR questions and less technical questions. The technical questions mostly centered around my project. There were not many difficult questions. Somw stress strain questions were also asked.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

There was all 3 rounds followed by HR round.
    1st round was all about you, your experience with technologies mentioned in your resume. Also, they deep down to SDLC/delivery/Quality/Release processes followed in your organization. Then couple of scenario based questions.
    2nd round was System online test mostly consists of C# logical programmings to guess the output.(Questions were too tricky to crack if you do not have very good understanding in programming features)
    3rd round was again a kind of technical similar to first one. it is like they cross check the candidate with some more technical questions.
    HR round is all about your negotiations

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro in November 2014.

Interview

1st Round was Aptitude,contains 3 sections
    1)Verbal
    2)Aptitude
    3)Logical
    no negative marking

2nd Round was GD
    Topic was Home Tutors should be banned or not
    Around 20 were there in group

Paragraph Writing(it may help you to get selected in HR,and not an Elimination Round)

3rd Round was TR
    They will ask you some basic questions in the languages you are good(i was asked on java,and some concepts of Inheritance)

Questions asked to me were --
    why objects are used in oops,what is inheritance
    Does java supports inheritance and why,write some programs on inheritance in java and give some real time examples

4th round was HR
    Interviewer was cool and asked me some questions on company profile and some issues of Metro Rail construction at Hyderabad

where do you want to see yourself after 5 years?

My Hobbies

Are you ok with the Bond and Re-location?

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Delhi (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview mainly focuses on my Internship. Later they started asking questions from my Core Subjects such as Transmission & distribution, Power Electronics, High voltage Engineering, Protection & Switchgear etc.

If you want to clear the process, just brush your knowledge. Also practise Boost-Buck Diagram. Be confident and answer the questions wisely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What is MPPT?
      What is Cogeneration Plant?
      Draw Single Line Diagram of Power plant.

Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

interview process was very easy .written test was very easy and technical interview was also no too much difficult.hr round was also not so much tough.gd round was so crowdy and paragraph writting is jst for the formality.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Technical and job specific so prepare as per JD requirements. To the point questions basically on your strength areas. Interviewer will be senior mgmt. mostly two rounds only. Overall its a good experience.
    Try and have a confident shake hand in the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got entry as a GET