Larsen & Toubro

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in July 2010.

Interview Details – Most of the questions are pertaining to mechanical engineering background. There was bond of 2 years from the date of joining. The interviewer was keen on testing the domain knowledge of the candidate than communication skill. The process was condcated on campus which contains two rounds. First being aptitude test and second one is one on one personal interview.

Interview Question – The question regarding manufacturing of ball bearings.   Answer Question

Senior Planning Engineer Interview

Senior Planning Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview Details – Firstly there was a Written test,
Secondly there was a Group discussion on various latest topics
and then thirdly one to one interview that included technical rounds and HR rounds with the interviewer panel

Interview Question – All questions were based on my curriculum and academics   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in January 2013.

Interview Details – Hr Telephonic, Technical Round, CEO round, HR salary discussion.

Interview Question – Developing SSRS reports in SharePoint   View Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had one aptitude test, which was very difficult. Passed that. This was followed by a one hour interview by 2 managers. They grilled from projects to my previous internships and asked many technical questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected question was to explain about hoop stress and longitudinal stress in a solution tank   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in May 2010.

Interview Details – On-campus interviews in 2007. Short-listed 27 people out of which only 9 were selected. 2 rounds of interview - One technical and one HR panel. Smooth process of selecting your division of work after a 1 month orientation program after selection.

Interview Question – Highly technical question in the interview made it difficult to answer quickly. Hence, brush up the technical skills.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1.) They ask general questions such as would you be able to adjust to the tough environment, would you accept to work at any region assigned to you etc.
2.) Later they move on to technical aspects for freshers. General questions of concrete technology and structures are asked most of the times.
3.) They expect the candidate to indulge in genuine conversation and be more specific.
4.) Most of the times there are only 2 interviewers. One is from HR department and one from technical. The technical person asks majority of the questions, while the HR person monitors you continuously.

Interview Question – 1.) They asked me to draw the bending moment diagram for a truss.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in March 2011.

Interview Details – detailed evaluation of past projects. Evaluation of skills through making flowcharts & process flows

Interview Question – Real time scenario was put across to me and asked for solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Went through lot of negotiations

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Graduate Engineer Trainee
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview Details – L&T conducted an Aptitude test which had three sections, namely, Quantitative, Analytical and Verbal section each section having 25 questions and 20 minutes were alloted per section. It had sectional cut-offs. After clearing the aptitude test, there was one interview round. It was blend of HR and Technical interview. The questions were related to the topics studied in the second and third year of Engineering. The interviewers focused more on the practical aspect of any concept.

Interview Question – I did not find any question difficult because I answered all of the questions accurately.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in August 2011.

Interview Details – Aptitude test which includes Math, verbal and logical reasoning. if you clear it, u are called for an interview. the interview may last from 5 min or may even go upto one and half hours, depending on the panelists and youre performance. They will ask you for a brief introduction followed by future plans etc. they will touch on some topics from your undergraduate studies. If u do mention a particular liking to certain subjects be prepared for a few question from those topics.

Interview Question – it was not a difficult question but it sure was unexpected.
i was asked to draw the side view cross section of a dam and explain the reason behind it.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

M1A - Assistant Manager Interview

M1A - Assistant Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in February 2010.

Interview Details – I got the call from L&T HR directly & got interview scheduled. There were two rounds of interview. FIrst one was taken by Dept head. I was asked about my previous experiences, processes, technical details of assignments etc.
Second interview was taken by Business Unit head & HR. They again asked regarding my previous experience. HR person asked about 3 good & Bad things about my previous organization, Value systems eg ethics, integrity etc.
They asked me if i have any questions. I asked about my detailed job profile in the event i got selected.
BOth interviews were good. I got call on second day informing my selection.

Interview Question – Given a choice, will you prefer to bypass a system to complete a task, or will you wait & follow the system even if you will not get desired result. in short will you be willing to take short cuts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me what i asked for. So no negotiation.

Worked for Larsen & Toubro? Contribute to the Community!