Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

3.1

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in July 2012.

The interview was 90%-10% technical-HR. Many questions regarding the syllabus covered during the undergraduate studies were asked. Also questions related to my Projects were asked. The interview lasted for approximately 40 mins. I was well versed with all the subject matter so could crack the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please sketch the circuit diagram of the Smoke detector circuit that was implemented for my mini project.   View Answer
    There was no scope for negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in August 2014.

Hiring process was fluent ,They did note waste much time unlike other companies in market.On the spot results and Offer was being discussed which i really liked.I really liked they has a panel to examine the candidates.Technical skills and soft skills being examined on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Some of question were focused on estimation of code which i would never thought could be asked.   Answer Question
    Yes ,If you have good reason in that case only they consider

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in July 2010.

Most of the questions are pertaining to mechanical engineering background. There was bond of 2 years from the date of joining. The interviewer was keen on testing the domain knowledge of the candidate than communication skill. The process was condcated on campus which contains two rounds. First being aptitude test and second one is one on one personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding manufacturing of ball bearings.   Answer Question

Senior Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Firstly there was a Written test,
    Secondly there was a Group discussion on various latest topics
    and then thirdly one to one interview that included technical rounds and HR rounds with the interviewer panel

Interview Questions
    • All questions were based on my curriculum and academics   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in January 2013.

Hr Telephonic, Technical Round, CEO round, HR salary discussion.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in April 2013.

Had one aptitude test, which was very difficult. Passed that. This was followed by a one hour interview by 2 managers. They grilled from projects to my previous internships and asked many technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was to explain about hoop stress and longitudinal stress in a solution tank   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in May 2010.

On-campus interviews in 2007. Short-listed 27 people out of which only 9 were selected. 2 rounds of interview - One technical and one HR panel. Smooth process of selecting your division of work after a 1 month orientation program after selection.

Interview Questions
    • Highly technical question in the interview made it difficult to answer quickly. Hence, brush up the technical skills.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2010.

1.) They ask general questions such as would you be able to adjust to the tough environment, would you accept to work at any region assigned to you etc.
    2.) Later they move on to technical aspects for freshers. General questions of concrete technology and structures are asked most of the times.
    3.) They expect the candidate to indulge in genuine conversation and be more specific.
    4.) Most of the times there are only 2 interviewers. One is from HR department and one from technical. The technical person asks majority of the questions, while the HR person monitors you continuously.

Interview Questions
    • 1.) They asked me to draw the bending moment diagram for a truss.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in March 2011.

detailed evaluation of past projects. Evaluation of skills through making flowcharts & process flows

Interview Questions
    • Real time scenario was put across to me and asked for solution.   Answer Question
    Went through lot of negotiations

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

L&T conducted an Aptitude test which had three sections, namely, Quantitative, Analytical and Verbal section each section having 25 questions and 20 minutes were alloted per section. It had sectional cut-offs. After clearing the aptitude test, there was one interview round. It was blend of HR and Technical interview. The questions were related to the topics studied in the second and third year of Engineering. The interviewers focused more on the practical aspect of any concept.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any question difficult because I answered all of the questions accurately.   Answer Question

Worked for Larsen & Toubro? Contribute to the Community!