LarsonAllen

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interview Process Was Horrible!! Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at LarsonAllen in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 1 manager that told me the incorrect PTO and didn't find out until later that it was less PTO. I must say I was dissappointed with that. Then I was told I had to market myself after I was verbally hired to even get a client. They send me out to a client and I was not even paid for it. I thought what did I get myself into with this company? The marketing didn't go well because I was stressed out thinking about what a terrible place that I just committed to. The job never transpired and I was sort of glad. I was lied to on several occasions by managers. The hiring manager told me that they had 3 jobs for me and possibly more. They didn't have one. I took another job. I'm smarter than that to work for this group of people.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult which is scary.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Liars. They said they had clients and they didn't have nothing concrete. The clients were only potential. Nothing was guaranteed.

Intern Interview

Intern
Mankato, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LarsonAllen in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very pleasant and very easy to talk with all people that interviewed me. The interview consisted of 1 recruiter and 4 partners.

Interview Question – What are you working on improving about yourself?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at LarsonAllen in March 2011.

Interview Details – Went through a series of behavioral questions and conversational questions with a partner and two seniors.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were in a disagreement with a project member and how did you sort it out?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at LarsonAllen in November 2009.

Interview Details – The first round interview was a 1-on-1 interview on my college campus. The second round interviews consisted of a series of 4 back-to-back interviews with 1 or 2 people interviewing me each time. Overall, the interview process was somewhat difficult.

Interview Questions

Staff Accountant Intern Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LarsonAllen in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process began after meeting LarsonAllen at an Accounting and Auditing Student conference. I introduced myself to one of their representatives and we spoke for a minute or two and I left him with my resume.

A few weeks later I was contacted by LarsonAllen proposing a phone interview of which eventually happened and lasted about 10-15 minutes with them primarily explaining the position and asking behavioral/situational questions.

I was then offered an opportunity to interview in office the following week. I meet and interviewed 1 on 1 back to back with four individuals. Once was a recruiting coordinator, another a manager, and then two principals. The questions were again all behavioral or situational, but it felt like they just wanted to chat about me and get to know me and how I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when it became necessary to persuade a group of people.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you needed to resolve a conflict with another person.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LarsonAllen in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had on campus interivew first. It was just one interview with a partner. After three weeks, I had an office visit. The office visit was really laid back. I had three interviews with two senoir employees and one partner.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Staff Accountant

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LarsonAllen in June 2010.

Interview Details – I went through my college campus recruiting and applied for an interview with LarsonAllen. The first interview was a 1:1 interview on campus with the basic behavioral questions and going through my resume. The second round was at their office where there were 4 half hour interviews with managers, partners and senior accountants followed by a lunch with a buddy. Overall everyone was really nice.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you took a risk and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted an offer with another firm.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for LarsonAllen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LarsonAllen interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by LarsonAllen employees and interview candidates.