Laserfiche

Relevance Date Difficulty

Writer/Researcher Interview

Writer/Researcher
Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Laserfiche in April 2014.

Interview Details – I attended a recruitment talk at my school. Afterwards I gave the recruiter my resume and chatted with her briefly. She told me she would be in touch with me soon. I emailed her a thank you for the talk, and a digital copy of my resume that day. After two weeks without hearing anything, I sent a follow-up email. She immediately replied. She set up a phone interview for me. The interview questions seemed pretty standard (it was awhile ago so I don't remember them. I think there was one 'fun' question). She was very kind and easy-going and I felt like it was going well. After the interview, I was asked to submit writing samples, and to complete an assignment. The assignment was to write an e-mail blast to County Government CIOs to get them to click through to a landing page to download the “Agile ECM as a Shared Service” white paper. I was provided with the Laserfiche brand guidelines, a buyer persona for an imagined County Government CIO, and the "Agile ECM as a Shared Service” white paper.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Writer Interview

Marketing Writer
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Laserfiche in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter two days after submitting my application online. The recruiter asked if I'd be available in the next 2 weeks for a phone interview. My schedule was wide open (hello, I'm unemployed) so she scheduled it for the following week. When I agreed to the date/time, the recruiter never confirmed (all our contact at this point was via email). The day of the interview, the recruiter never called. I waited 45 minutes (in case they were stuck on another phone call or in a meeting that ran long) before calling the recruiter to see if they'd prefer to reschedule. There was no answer so I left a voicemail. That voicemail was never returned. A month later, the job is still posted on the careers site.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Laserfiche.

Interview Details – First got contacted by the HR Manager who conducted a phone interview...and man oh man, that was the longest phone interview I've ever had in my life! Last for an hour and 20 minutes, definitely was not prepared for an initial phone screening to be that long! One reason why it took so long was because HR was typing down every single one of my answers. I was also asked some strangely HR sensitive questions, such as what my parents occupations were, if they went to college, why did they move to America, and why did I choose to go to college...I felt like these questions had nothing to do with my qualification for the position, and was puzzled they were coming from the HR manager.

At the end of the phone interview, I was invited in for an in-person. Upon arrival to their headquarter, I was pretty impressed that they had their own parking structure, which is definitely nice to not have to deal with parking validations. For the in-person interview, I met with 2 more team members; they were both friendly and pleasant for the most part. One thing that was amusing was that they strongly emphasized the importance for recruiters to call up candidates to inform them they did not get the position; they wanted to make sure I'd be someone who will be committed to follow up with candidates regarding hiring decisions in the most professional manner. Ironically, I never heard from them again after the interview...they did not bother to follow through to tell me I did not get the job.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question during the in-person that I choked on: what was the reason why you didn't write a cover letter to convey your interest for our company?   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Presales Engineer
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Laserfiche.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Asked basic questions about my resume. Asked for SAT scores. Mostly wanted to see what kind of person I am and how I handle various situations. No technical questions or anything like that. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – What other jobs/companies have you applied to and who have you heard back from?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am still in the interviewing process.

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Laserfiche in March 2014.

Interview Details – First talked to a recruiter at a job fair. Then had to answer a coding question and a brain teaser, and e-mail it back within the week. (A question about some cars, and the knapsack problem as the program).

Went up to Long Beach for an in-person interview eventually, once schedules worked out. Was supposed to interview with 2-3 teams. When I first got there I had a little 20-30 minute talk with the HR recruiter before being introduced to the first team. The HR person left and the 2 server side engineers came into the room to interview me instead.

We talked about my resume for a bit, and then onto a programming question that involve string parsing. Then it was time for lunch. (Yay free lunch!?.. ) Except we were too late and all the food was gone. This seemed to bother them a bit. Apparently, I was supposed to meet people at this lunch portion of the interview too, but like I said it was all gone. Instead I went with the two interviewers down the road and got some quick food, Arby's (They paid, expense account etc). After we came back it was time for me to meet the next team (someone front end they said.) They'd mentioned a couple times the people I'd be meeting next, and what teams they worked on.

Anyway, the two interviewers eventually leave saying they're about to get the next team, and that the next interviewers will be in in a minute. 10 minutes pass by and the HR person comes back in. Checks in with me, and tells me I'm free to go!

As it turns out, for whatever reason, the next teams decided not to interview me. Which seemed really weird based on the information that had been provided to me. Very fu-cking weird.. And so I left.

Note: Didn't do particularly well on the string parsing question, but I didn't fail it either. Unfortunately I hadn't studied the String library in Java before the interview. Was expecting more of a data structures/algorithms tech question. So I spent most of my time looking up functions from the string library. But I did explain how I'd do it, which was correct. Just Implementing it very slowly..

Interview Question – Note: They have you code with a wireless mouse and keyboard, connected to a large projector. You end up coding in Netbeans, writing the code all proper.

They had a folder of about 4 different tech questions they were going to ask. One of them was a roman numeral one, and the one I got was parsing a string "1, 2, 4-7, 9" into a PageRange class (which is provided to you). You're implementing the constructor for it.
  View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

I applied online and interviewed at Laserfiche.

Interview Details – The hiring process begins with a phone interview. The next step is a design test using the Laserfiche style guide. After this there is an in-person interview with the design team. The phone interviewer was nice and created a casual, conversational environment. He asked about some details of my resume and general questions about the creative environment I would like to work in and have worked in. The design test seemed pretty straightforward.

Interview Question – Have you had a situation where you might miss a deadline? How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Sales Account Manager
Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Laserfiche in March 2014.

Interview Details – My interviewer was a woman who gave off a very laid-back vibe throughout the interview process. Our interaction felt very natural, and her questions were highly relevant and in-depth; although, nothing out-of-the-ordinary.

Interview Question – What would be your dream job?   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern

Interviewed at Laserfiche

Interview Details – First was a phone interview that they asked me general questions about my background and about how I work in a team environment(no technical), Then, there were two problems sent to me to be completed over the weekend (a problem-solving and a programming question). Then, I went on site for two interviews: one with the CTO and another with two people from a development team. There was a tour and lunch after the interview.

Interview Question – Explain how you would find the middle element of a linked list.   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Presales Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Laserfiche in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview: Lasted about 40 minutes, the lady was incredibly sweet and friendly, which definitely made the interview process more enjoyable. We began with routine questions like how did you hear about the company, and why presales. The main difference between this phone interview and the ones I had before was that the lady asked me questions closely related to the past experiences in my resume. I was asked about the responsibilities and difficulties that I had in my last job/internship, what I did/didn't like about that position. The questions she asked made me feel like they were trying to see what kind of person I am rather than how well I can answer standard interview questions. Try to be yourself and you will do fine.

Interview Question – I couldn't remember the exact question so this might be vague: Describe a situation in which you had to use a creative solution to address a problem that came up unexpectedly.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Laserfiche in January 2010.

Interview Details – you usually get interviewed by upper management. For some reason you don't get interviewed by your direct manager.

Interview Question – Give a presentation of the product. You need understand well what the software does.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they are open for negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Laserfiche

Worked for Laserfiche? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Laserfiche interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by Laserfiche employees and interview candidates.