Laserfiche

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.3

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Laserfiche.

Applied online through my school, about a month later I got a call and we set up a phone interview soon afterwards. The phone interview was long but we just went over my resume and some basic behavioral interview questions. She was very kind. She then sent me a problem solving exercise to completed over the weekend. Two weeks later I got a call to set up an on-site interview. I interviewed for about three hours. Two people interviewed me. The first asked behavioral questions: tell me a time you took initiative, a decision and you weren't sure of the outcome, a complex problem and how did you go about solving it. The other interviewer asked me some problem solving questions: you have 7 red balls, 7 white balls, two jars - how do you arrange them to get someone to pick a red ball. How many m&ms can fit in your car, you have two lightbulbs and a 100 story building - find out the floor it breaks on. You have 9 identical balls and two scales, one is heavier, how do you find it? Then they had me give a 7 minute presentation on anything. In the end I thought I did pretty well but then they emailed me saying no.

Technical Consultant Interview

Connected with LF hiring team rep at a college career fair. The recruiter sent me a problem solving exercise by email which took about 1-2hrs. to complete. After, I was contacted for a phone interview. The recruiter forwarded my resume to the technical consulting team and recommended me. Waiting to be contacted for an on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you:
      a) felt frustrated
      b) had to make an important decision and the steps you took

What are your salary expectations
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Laserfiche.

First I did a phone interview that basically consisted about asking about my experience, some basic behavioral questions, and very simple technical questions (i.e. worst case for adding element to front of linked list). I believe I did exceptionally well on this stage.

After phone interview I got an assignment that required me to create a relatively easy program that finds the least amount of denominations of coins needed to make a certain amount. I also had to write a report that analyzed and provided a solution to pretend scenario that involved a problem on a manufacturing plant.

I believe I did well on both and did them both on my own without any help from the internet, and I promptly received a response to do an onsite interview almost instantly. I first met with the HR woman who just gave me a rundown of the company and asked some clarifying questions.

I met with my first interviewer who asked me about myself, my experience and then went through a small binder of standard behavioral questions, i.e. mention a time you took initiative, tell about a time you had a disagreement with a client and how you handled it etc. I think this part of the interview went quite well and it was the next part that I completely got killed on.

The next part consisted of asking me logical brain teaser questions. I had never had an interview (only my second interview) where I had to answer brain teaser questions on a white board in front of interviewers, and I unfortunately was not thinking straight at all and completely floundered on this part. One question was about having two different colors of 7 balls each, two buckets, and finding the best arrangement that would give you the best probability of picking one of the colored balls. They cut this part of the interview short for me and I do not expect a call back because of it.

Interview Questions
    • You have 14 balls, and two buckets. 7 are red, 7 are white, find the best arrangement of balls that will give you the highest probability of picking a red ball.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Laserfiche in October 2014.

I applied the Software Engineer position at career fair. I was asked about 2 questions:
    1. What is polymorphism
    2. What't the difference between stack and queue
    After a week, I received an email from them asking me to finish a problem solving and a programming exercise. The problem solving part requires you to give a short analysis of a real case.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Laserfiche.

I applied Software Engineer position on career fair. They asked me four questions.
    1. What is polymorphism
    2. What't the difference between stack and queue
    3. What is virtual distructor
    4. What is the time complexity of inserting an element in an array.
    Then They sent me a programming test.

Writer/Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Laserfiche.

A recruiter initially contacted me with a series of routine questions about my educational and professional background. I was then invited to take part in the company's writing test, which is commonly administered to marketing writers with the company. The assignment instructed me to write an email blast encouraging county government CIOs to click through to a landing page promoting Laserfiche's "Agile ECM as a Shared Service." The exercise was a productive way to learn more about the company's products and target verticals.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult or challenging situation with your job that you had to take initiative to work through?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Laserfiche.

First got contacted by the HR Manager who conducted a phone interview...and man oh man, that was the longest phone interview I've ever had in my life! Last for an hour and 20 minutes, definitely was not prepared for an initial phone screening to be that long! One reason why it took so long was because HR was typing down every single one of my answers. I was also asked some strangely HR sensitive questions, such as what my parents occupations were, if they went to college, why did they move to America, and why did I choose to go to college...I felt like these questions had nothing to do with my qualification for the position, and was puzzled they were coming from the HR manager.

At the end of the phone interview, I was invited in for an in-person. Upon arrival to their headquarter, I was pretty impressed that they had their own parking structure, which is definitely nice to not have to deal with parking validations. For the in-person interview, I met with 2 more team members; they were both friendly and pleasant for the most part. One thing that was amusing was that they strongly emphasized the importance for recruiters to call up candidates to inform them they did not get the position; they wanted to make sure I'd be someone who will be committed to follow up with candidates regarding hiring decisions in the most professional manner. Ironically, I never heard from them again after the interview...they did not bother to follow through to tell me I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question during the in-person that I choked on: what was the reason why you didn't write a cover letter to convey your interest for our company?   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Laserfiche.

Phone interview. Asked basic questions about my resume. Asked for SAT scores. Mostly wanted to see what kind of person I am and how I handle various situations. No technical questions or anything like that. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • What other jobs/companies have you applied to and who have you heard back from?   Answer Question
    I am still in the interviewing process.

Marketing Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Laserfiche in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter two days after submitting my application online. The recruiter asked if I'd be available in the next 2 weeks for a phone interview. My schedule was wide open (hello, I'm unemployed) so she scheduled it for the following week. When I agreed to the date/time, the recruiter never confirmed (all our contact at this point was via email). The day of the interview, the recruiter never called. I waited 45 minutes (in case they were stuck on another phone call or in a meeting that ran long) before calling the recruiter to see if they'd prefer to reschedule. There was no answer so I left a voicemail. That voicemail was never returned. A month later, the job is still posted on the careers site.

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Laserfiche.

The hiring process begins with a phone interview. The next step is a design test using the Laserfiche style guide. After this there is an in-person interview with the design team. The phone interviewer was nice and created a casual, conversational environment. He asked about some details of my resume and general questions about the creative environment I would like to work in and have worked in. The design test seemed pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a situation where you might miss a deadline? How did you handle that?   Answer Question