LasikPlus

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LasikPlus in February 2011.

Initially after recruiter submitted my credentials to company I was rejected due to lack of a specific skill set. However, company recanted the rejection saying that the specific skill set was NOT going to be a requirement. Had lengthly, positive phone interview with Marketing VP (hiring manager) who requested that I undergo 1/2 day of interviews on-site with him and other execs. At conclusion I was told to expect contact within 24 hours with decision outcome.

One week later my recruiter called to say that I had again been rejected. Feedback was that the Marketing VP and 2 of the other 3 execs were complimentary of my skills and potential value to company. However, fourth exec voted against me DUE TO LACK OF SKILL SET THE SAID WAS - THEN WASN'T GOING TO BE A FACTOR IN THE DECISION.

Kicker is that the VP/hiring authority was over ruled by his direct report (tale wagging dog?) and the whole experience left bad taste in my mouth. Agree with other reviewer that company management doesn't seem to know what they want and where they want to go.

Interview Questions
  • Provide amount & budget examples of online media buying experience you have previous been involved with.   Answer Question