LasikPlus

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Marketing Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LasikPlus in February 2011.

Interview Details – Initially after recruiter submitted my credentials to company I was rejected due to lack of a specific skill set. However, company recanted the rejection saying that the specific skill set was NOT going to be a requirement. Had lengthly, positive phone interview with Marketing VP (hiring manager) who requested that I undergo 1/2 day of interviews on-site with him and other execs. At conclusion I was told to expect contact within 24 hours with decision outcome.

One week later my recruiter called to say that I had again been rejected. Feedback was that the Marketing VP and 2 of the other 3 execs were complimentary of my skills and potential value to company. However, fourth exec voted against me DUE TO LACK OF SKILL SET THE SAID WAS - THEN WASN'T GOING TO BE A FACTOR IN THE DECISION.

Kicker is that the VP/hiring authority was over ruled by his direct report (tale wagging dog?) and the whole experience left bad taste in my mouth. Agree with other reviewer that company management doesn't seem to know what they want and where they want to go.

Interview Question – Provide amount & budget examples of online media buying experience you have previous been involved with.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for LasikPlus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LasikPlus Director of Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by LasikPlus employees and interview candidates.