Latham & Watkins

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Latham & Watkins.

I interviewed with about 5 different senior paralegals on the same day & had an excellent, relaxed & informative conversation with each of them. They showed me around the office & informed me of what exactly a Paralegal does as I had zero experience at the time. New hires in my position begin as Project Assistants, which is essentially an entry-level Paralegal/Legal Assistant. Aside from discussing work-related issues they each made an effort to talk with me about my personal interests & past travels, which made the entire process less stressful. Ultimately, I was happy & optimistic when I left the interviews & actually got a call the very next day to ask when I could start working there. I really loved the people & enjoyed my time there immensely despite the sometimes hectic & very long hours.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I don't recall any questions that were too technical or difficult to answer. The only one that I got self-conscious about was when I was asked if I planned on going to law school anytime in the new future because I worried saying yes might ruin my chances of getting hired.   View Answer
    I started with a base salary of about $38,000 & was generously compensated for all the over-time & weekends spent in the office. I also received an end of the year bonus based on peer reviews & hours billed to clients.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Latham & Watkins in October 2007.

I did on campus interview, which was a brief 20 minute interview with a partner from the Silicon Valley office. This was mostly a fit interview. They asked questions about my resume and why I was looking to work in SF, etc. Then I had a call back that went from 9 a.m. to after lunch. They gave me an offer on the spot, right after the lunch with a couple of associates.

Interview Questions
    • N/A - though they might ask these kinds of questions to laterals, this is not something they ask to summers   Answer Question
    You can't negotiate. You might be able to get some better fringe benefits - like moving expense, etc. but that's it.