Lattice Semiconductor

Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor.

Phone interview with hiring manager followed by full day onsite interview..

Tired by end of the day.. got offer 2 days after..A few hours later recruiter said position is closed by upper management as not required..

They never bothered to reimburse my travel expenses even though HR said they they would.

Interview Questions
    • Standard data structures question.. digital circuit design.. object oriented programming questions in c++   Answer Question

Dec 11, 2014HR Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. At Lattice we pride ourselves in providing an enjoyable interview experience for all our candidates which includes open communication and ... More

Design Engineering Manager Interview

Hiring process was similar to other companies. There was a phone screen which was followed up with an on site interview. The on site interview was with the team and folks from other groups that the potential candidate might have to intaract with. In general, the interview was very similar to industry peers.

Dec 15, 2014HR Team Member

Thank you for your feedback. Lattice prides itself on providing candidates with an enjoyable experience. We wish you a successful career at Lattice!

Applications Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor in April 2012.

I was interviewed by 4 people total. 1 on the phone which took about 50 minutes and discussed in detail my resume/experience/projects and education. The interview was fairly normal with not many unexpected or challenging questions. communication from the interviewer was very neat and straight forward. enjoyed talking with him thoroughly! Followed up fairly quickly too, within 2 days to set up a face to face interview with the senior engineers and the manager. Took a total of 3 hours for the other 3 interviews with a very detailed analysis of my work, etc. Was fairly standard with very well mannered interviewers. again, was a very comfortable experience. Overall, a terrific experience if you are confident about your skills and are not afraid to take the initiative and explain your work clearly and comprehensively.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me 3 ways to improve my current project, but i could only quickly think of 2 feasible additions to my project. i had to struggle for the 3rd, but i guess that was okay.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from a bigger company.

Applications Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor in April 2012.

There were 3 Interview, 2 Technical and 1 HR.

Sales Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor in October 2011.

Hire by committee. You'll be interviewed by several levels of management 1:1. I was asked to interview with several different people that I would eventually be working with. Pretty standard.

Dec 15, 2014HR Team Member

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear you had a successful interview experience and would like to welcome you to our team!

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor in May 2011.

- Phone screening:
    Here, I was asked about my academic projects, experience and was given details about the position I had applied for. The screening was casual and friendly.
    - 3 rounds of Skype interview - 1/2 hour each
    I was interviewed by 2 members from each of 3 teams in total i.e. the corporate marketing, marketing communications and the web development team.
    The questions were:
    - Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
    - Describe yourself in 3 words/adjectives
    - Name 3 websites you have seen which are really good and why
    - What suggestions do you have for the current Lattice website
    - Why do you think you are a good fit for this position

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 websites you have seen which are really good and why   View Answer
    I did not negotiate since I was happy with the salary package

NCG - Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor in April 2011.

Interview is very simple, people are really nice and its not drilling. They ask basic VLSI stuff, some verilog questions, about your prior experience/coursework and that's it. I appeared for their career fair, so they had a broad spectrum of positions back then and they explain to you and discuss with you as to where they think you'll fit. It's a nice and easy process overall.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor in April 2011.

It was a phone interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor in May 2010.

First, it came up with a phone interview, after the phone interview, the hiring manager scheduled the on-site interview with me the following week. At the on-site interview, I had four 1:1 interview with 3 managers and 1 VP. Only one of the interviews contained basic technical questions, including both software and hardware questions; other three interviews went through my school experience, internship and working experience on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical question like, identify the bug in a C program; identify the functionality of a circuit; find out the algorithm on a case study and what is the Big-O notation. Draw the circuit and truth table for a function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lattice Semiconductor in January 2009.

Very straightforward, although I had a number of phone interviews before meeting anyone face-to-face because I was based in San Jose, and majority of the team was in Portland.

Interview Questions
    • None - all were very standard, nothing unexpected. Stuck to "tell me about a time when..." type questions.   Answer Question
    I received an offer and it was clear that it was non-negotiable, which was fine by me, since it was fair.