Lavastorm Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lavastorm Analytics

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lavastorm Analytics (Boston, MA).

Interview

After having 2 successful phone interviews (one lasting an hour), I was asked to come in for an interview. I had one-on-one interviews with 4 people that day. I had positive interactions with HR and the hiring manager affer my thank you 's were sent. I was given an offer after a few days and accepted happily shortly thereafter.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lavastorm Analytics.

Interview

Referred by an employee. First interview was by phone with HR. Mainly trying to see if there is a fit and if I am interested. Second interview was a phone call with the hiring manager - focused on my background and explaining the role Third interview was on-site. Included 4 interviews. Main focus was on my previous experience and my understanding of the company and what it does.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lavastorm Analytics.

Interview

Post-interview process sucks. There were only a few people being interviewed for the position. They said they would get back to me in a week. They didn't. After 9 days I emailed requesting an update. I didn't get one. After 3 weeks I called and left a vmail requesting a call back with an update. Next day I get an email that they were very impressed etc. but were going with another candidate. I emailed back congratulating them, wishing Lavastorm every success etc. and could I setup a time to get some detailed feedback please. No reply. I was dead to them.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lavastorm Analytics (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

A senior Consultant called me at afternoon for 45 min technical interview.He described the work that was going on in company (using big data for Telecomm).He asked me on whether I can travel from USA to UK where they had a huge client. The technical interview was based on Oracle PL SQL programming and architecture.Things asked were 1)What are materialized view? 2)Difference between implicit and explicit cursor.

Sales Director EMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lavastorm Analytics (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

2 successful Interviews with the VP of Sales EMEA and then a telephone Interview with the Chief Revenue Officer (his boss) based in the US and also Head of Sales Engineering (a webex that I requested). All the interview steps were handled well and all the feedback communicated back through the agent quickly and all of it was entirely positive. The outcome however was shocking!

Interview Questions

• Multiple Questions on sales process and methodology all of which were answered, they also wanted to understand my approach to particular vertical markets and examples of net new name business won. I completed the interview process and 8 days later was made an offer in writing with contracts issued.   1 Answer