Lawrence Berkeley Lab Graduate Student Researcher Interview Questions

1.0

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I just sent an email to one of the group leaders stating I would like to do research for a thesis there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was conform the standards for the job type.

Other Interview Reviews for Lawrence Berkeley Lab

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

There is no formal interview or hiring process if you a grad student at UC Berkeley and your scientific adviser has a shared employment with UC Berkeley and the lab. It is often up to your adviser and the funding sources to put you on a campus or LBNL payroll. There is no differences in salaries. The salary information for this position is public and the salaries at LBNL for graduate student researchers are matched to the salaries of corresponding departments on campus.

Interview Questions

• There are no questions asked if you are already working with an adviser on UC Berkeley campus.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no real negotiation phase.