Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Lawrence Berkeley Lab
- Postdoctoral Fellow (8)
- Research Assistant (5)
- Research Associate (4)
- Software Developer (3)
- Student Assistant (2)
- Graduate Student Researcher (2)
- Intern (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Computer Systems Engineer (2)
- Postdoctoral (2)
- Project Scientist (1)
- Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Student Research Assistant (1)
- IT Policy (1)
- Senior Laborer (1)
- Computational Scientist Postdoctoral Fellow (1)
- Biologist Postdoctoral Fellow (1)
- Scientist Postdoctoral Fellow (1)
- Associate Research Associate (1)
- Administrative Assistant III (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Staff Scientist (1)
- Web Developer II (1)
- Internship (1)
- Post Doc (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Scientist (1)
- Software Development Engineer (1)
- Software Engineering Intern (1)
Research Assistant Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Emeryville, CA).
Interview was quick. Staff was friendly. They asked questions related to my background first and questions judging my research capabilities. they always responded to all my e-mail queries in a day time which was good. Hiring process is little smooth.
- Tell us about your achievements in research? Tell us about a problem you encountered in research and how you solved it? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Lawrence Berkeley Lab
Research Assistant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).
Interview process was very smooth and fast. It was onsite 1:1 discussion style interview. Overall people who work in the lab are very intellectual and yet down to earth.
- My Principal Investigator asked me about my experiences with different chemical analytical equipments. Answer Question
Research Assistant InterviewAccepted Offer
very well communication with the HR. make sure you express your expertise and match to the requirement of the job and show your interests and passions connect what you learn from school to the project that you are interested, make a good homework about your resume and cover letter and convince the HR that you are the best one to that position
- what is your career plan Answer Question
Research Assistant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in November 2007.
Interviewed over the phone and went in for a one hour 1:1 interview. Met the group and saw the lab. The interviewer asked about my past projects and tested my level of knowledge of the projects that I listed.
- How would you deal with a person who is angry at you? Answer Question
Preset salary ranges. Very narrow (~10k) Not much room to negotiate
Research Assistant InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab.
Had one on-campus interview with a graduate student from the lab. He asked me about my coursework, prior lab experience, and availability during the semester. He asked me to explain some technical methods that I knew of, and answered my questions about the project.
- What molecular biology or bioengineering technique are you looking forward to learning about the most? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review