Lawrence Berkeley Lab

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab.

Interview Details – Interview process was very smooth and fast. It was onsite 1:1 discussion style interview. Overall people who work in the lab are very intellectual and yet down to earth.

Interview Question – My Principal Investigator asked me about my experiences with different chemical analytical equipments.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab

Interview Details – very well communication with the HR. make sure you express your expertise and match to the requirement of the job and show your interests and passions
connect what you learn from school to the project that you are interested, make a good homework about your resume and cover letter and convince the HR that you are the best one to that position

Interview Question – what is your career plan   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab in November 2007.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone and went in for a one hour 1:1 interview. Met the group and saw the lab. The interviewer asked about my past projects and tested my level of knowledge of the projects that I listed.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a person who is angry at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Preset salary ranges. Very narrow (~10k) Not much room to negotiate

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab.

Interview Details – Had one on-campus interview with a graduate student from the lab. He asked me about my coursework, prior lab experience, and availability during the semester. He asked me to explain some technical methods that I knew of, and answered my questions about the project.

Interview Question – What molecular biology or bioengineering technique are you looking forward to learning about the most?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lawrence Berkeley Lab

Worked for Lawrence Berkeley Lab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lawrence Berkeley Lab Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lawrence Berkeley Lab employees and interview candidates.