Lawrence Public School USD 497 Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lawrence Public School USD 497

Paraeducator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Lawrence Public School USD 497 (Lawrence, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for a para position online and was notified for an interview after a couple months of having my application submitted. I was interviewed for another position than the one I had applied for. The interview was set up easily and the interview itself was easy. I was hired at the end of my interview and referred for orientation and given a start date. At orientation, my starting wage was determined based on previous teaching experience.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Paraeducator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lawrence Public School USD 497 in December 2009.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview a few weeks later. Went to the district office for an interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Received a call within a day or two offering the position to me. Was not informed of the hourly rate, was told by the hiring manager that she did not know what the pay rate was. Went back to the district office a couple weeks later to complete HR and benefits paperwork. Was notified of the pay rate before signing the employment agreement. Began work the next day with about 30-45 minutes of training by a coworker. No training was provided by the supervisor. Had to complete a physical and drug test within a certain amount of time after hire. A background check was also completed.

Interview Questions

• This interview contained very routine questions and I did not find anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed