Lawson Products Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Fresno, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Didn't make it past the first phone interview because the pay was too low for what I needed. Base is approx. 30K and commission they said would take the first year to approx. 50-60K. After 9 month the base would start to decrease and after 36 months you would operate only on commission. Overall the HR lady was very nice and upfront. No hard feelings.

Not enough base

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1st phone review went really smooth. Interviewer stated how the interview would be conducted. Interviewer was calm and asked if there were any questions after each topic. As questions and comments were given interviewer could be heard typing answers. After interview was done a detailed explanation was given as to what would happen next.

Interview Questions

• How many and types of accounts would I bring to this position? Largest, ($$$) account? How would you handle a irate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy phone interviews, three of them to be exact. Then in person interview with DM, and follow up phone interview with RVP. Offer was made and given 7 days to think it over.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lawson Products (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Met the Sales Manager in his hotel room. This is where he conducted the interview which was strange to say the least. I understand that they do not have an office in the area but it would of been more professional in the lobby/breakfast area of the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Basic 101 interview questions but tried to sell me on their product line, as if he was closing the sale. From what the recruiter informed me about the job duties and salary was very far off from reality.   Answer Question

Job was not what they portrayed it to be

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Greenville, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very good interview and the regional manager was very informative

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Yakima, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview! Talked about the importance of service over price and what the territory was like, how would you handle a customer that is very price aware. Made a point of making sure the prospected employee understands that Lawson sells on quality of their products and service and not on price.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating just here is what we offer take it or leave it

Greenfield Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (New Orleans, LA) in April 2013.

Interview

Met with Regional Director he was very confident this is a place to work but after I took the job I realized he had never been at ground level actually doing what is required of a Greenfield Rep.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very good - had 2 phone conversations, then a personal visit to the office and a return visit to complete the interview process. I apprecaied getting to meet several department heads during the interview process. That gave me a feel for what their views of the progress that had been made and their committment to the process.

Interview Questions

• many questions around the change from IC to employee, and I was asked by HR what I would do if an IC refused to get engaged   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lawson Products (Independence, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

The process was painless for me. I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed first with her. They had been used in the past for direct hire staffing purposes for this. Implant before. I met with my Sales Manager-to-be and he asked about experience and my approach to the sales process. I walked him through my process, and received a call less than a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales process? Can you describe it step by step and write your outline on a white board as you describe.   1 Answer

Credit Collections Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lawson Products in January 2008.

Interview

Receoved job notification through friend. Friendly pleasant environment during interview process. Interviewed with HR and Credit Manager. Also, pleasant friendly during conversation. Interview more like a conversation than reviewing job skills and abilities. No tests were given, no problems needed to be resolved. Interview was a pleasant easy conversation.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected question. Lawson was an easy interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lawson offered, I accepted