Lazard Asset Management

Profile Unclaimed

Lazard Asset Management Interview Questions

3.2

Due Diligence Manager/Hedge Fund of Funds Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lazard Asset Management.

HR Folks were pretty keyed into making my experience in setting up the interview an attractive introduction to the firm. The initial interview was a bit strange - the room that had been reserved for me was commandeered by a team that I was not interviewing with. The principals that I was supposed to interview with were 30 minutes late and one of them left after 10 minutes. The COO of the group helped to start and keep the conversation going. The interview was more focused on explaining the team, the firm, the product and the clients rather than testing to see if my skills matched the job spec. The interviewers all indicated that they were excited to bring me back to talk to some other team members. After a dozen emails and phone calls to the Hiring team and the HR folks, I have yet to see an invitation for a second round after 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask many questions. It was more of an open dialogue and focused mostly on fit and behavioral.   Answer Question

EMD Sovereign Debt Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lazard Asset Management in March 2014.

I had a first round phone interview. I then went to NY for an in person interview with the Managing Director of the EMD division. I did a power point presentation on a country as a potential fixed income investment.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lazard Asset Management in July 2012.

CERY slow process throughout despite the "rush" to get someone in the seat. Slow with the offer and getting paperwork etc. once offer was accepted. Interview process was high level, no technical questions. Mostly to see if you are a fit for the company team and have attention to detail. Be sure to quantify any sort of traits you name while interviewing with an actual accomplishment

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Be sure to read the wsj before coming in just to make sure you are up to date on world and market news.   Answer Question
    Hr is very tough. Be confident. Know what you want and why you want it. He is looking to find a weakness in what your saying, harp on that until your tired of hearing it, then change the subject.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lazard Asset Management in October 2011.

Poorly set up and not organized. Seems to be interested in hiring only a certain type of people. Need to increase their reach and not be in an ivory tower.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Lazard Asset Management in April 2010.

The interview process was drawn out. I had 4-5 1:1 interviews in January of 2010, and another 4-5 1:1s in March of 2010. They didn't give me an offer until late May of 2010.

The interviews were with HR, VPs, MDs, and Associates. The first round of interviews was mainly with senior level employees from different divisions, and the second round was mainly with the Associates with whom I ended up working.

Interviews were strictly competency based, likely because I was interviewing for a marketing position. Employees were very nice during the interviews, which made the interviews proceed more like a conversation than a Q&A session.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate.

Graduate Analyst Interview

First round interview with private hiring firm in London. Asked about background, interest in finance and knowledge of company. Best to know a lot about the history of mergers and acquisitions but also more econ 101 questions like "describe synergy" and what kinds of shares a company would issue if its owners wanted to cash out of the business.

Interview Questions
    • The impact of a rising current ratio on future cash flows.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lazard Asset Management in January 2011.

The phone interview was misleading as they were very eager for me to come in immediately. I changed my schedule to accommodate them. I met the recruiter along with another person from HR. I spent 2 1/2 hours at their offices interviewing and they wanted me to meet the executive but he was not available. I asked where they were in the interview process and I was told that they have not even begun their internal search process yet and to keep them informed of my availability. The office space seemed very polished although I did not get beyond the reception area and conference room behind that. The recruiter seemed to be very calm and pleasant during the interview but when I asked about the people and work culture, her demeanor changed as she described the intense, professional, driven, focused atmosphere of the company. (Working through lunch was the norm.) I did not leave with a good feeling and was glad I was not called back.

Interview Questions
    • The interview consisted of traditional questions asked of an Executive Assistant   Answer Question