Lazard Asset Management

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Due Diligence Manager/Hedge Fund of Funds Interview

Due Diligence Manager/Hedge Fund of Funds

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lazard Asset Management.

Interview Details – HR Folks were pretty keyed into making my experience in setting up the interview an attractive introduction to the firm. The initial interview was a bit strange - the room that had been reserved for me was commandeered by a team that I was not interviewing with. The principals that I was supposed to interview with were 30 minutes late and one of them left after 10 minutes. The COO of the group helped to start and keep the conversation going. The interview was more focused on explaining the team, the firm, the product and the clients rather than testing to see if my skills matched the job spec. The interviewers all indicated that they were excited to bring me back to talk to some other team members. After a dozen emails and phone calls to the Hiring team and the HR folks, I have yet to see an invitation for a second round after 6 weeks.

Interview Question – They did not ask many questions. It was more of an open dialogue and focused mostly on fit and behavioral.   Answer Question

EMD Sovereign Debt Analyst Interview

EMD Sovereign Debt Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lazard Asset Management in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a first round phone interview. I then went to NY for an in person interview with the Managing Director of the EMD division. I did a power point presentation on a country as a potential fixed income investment.

Interview Question – "Do you have a knack for markets"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lazard Asset Management in July 2012.

Interview Details – CERY slow process throughout despite the "rush" to get someone in the seat. Slow with the offer and getting paperwork etc. once offer was accepted. Interview process was high level, no technical questions. Mostly to see if you are a fit for the company team and have attention to detail. Be sure to quantify any sort of traits you name while interviewing with an actual accomplishment

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Be sure to read the wsj before coming in just to make sure you are up to date on world and market news.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hr is very tough. Be confident. Know what you want and why you want it. He is looking to find a weakness in what your saying, harp on that until your tired of hearing it, then change the subject.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lazard Asset Management in October 2011.

Interview Details – Poorly set up and not organized. Seems to be interested in hiring only a certain type of people. Need to increase their reach and not be in an ivory tower.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be this time next year?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Lazard Asset Management in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was drawn out. I had 4-5 1:1 interviews in January of 2010, and another 4-5 1:1s in March of 2010. They didn't give me an offer until late May of 2010.

The interviews were with HR, VPs, MDs, and Associates. The first round of interviews was mainly with senior level employees from different divisions, and the second round was mainly with the Associates with whom I ended up working.

Interviews were strictly competency based, likely because I was interviewing for a marketing position. Employees were very nice during the interviews, which made the interviews proceed more like a conversation than a Q&A session.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Graduate Analyst

Interviewed at Lazard Asset Management

Interview Details – First round interview with private hiring firm in London. Asked about background, interest in finance and knowledge of company. Best to know a lot about the history of mergers and acquisitions but also more econ 101 questions like "describe synergy" and what kinds of shares a company would issue if its owners wanted to cash out of the business.

Interview Question – The impact of a rising current ratio on future cash flows.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

Administrative Support

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lazard Asset Management in January 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was misleading as they were very eager for me to come in immediately. I changed my schedule to accommodate them. I met the recruiter along with another person from HR. I spent 2 1/2 hours at their offices interviewing and they wanted me to meet the executive but he was not available. I asked where they were in the interview process and I was told that they have not even begun their internal search process yet and to keep them informed of my availability. The office space seemed very polished although I did not get beyond the reception area and conference room behind that. The recruiter seemed to be very calm and pleasant during the interview but when I asked about the people and work culture, her demeanor changed as she described the intense, professional, driven, focused atmosphere of the company. (Working through lunch was the norm.) I did not leave with a good feeling and was glad I was not called back.

Interview Question – The interview consisted of traditional questions asked of an Executive Assistant   Answer Question

Worked for Lazard Asset Management? Contribute to the Community!