Lazard Capital Markets

Relevance Date Difficulty

First Year Analyst Interview

First Year Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in October 2010.

Interview Details – I only had a first round phone interview with an associate on the Equity Capital Markets team. The interview itself went fine but I found the process and the HR department to be extremely unprofessional. I was told during the interview that HR would contact me within a week with a follow up or instructions on next steps. Not only did no one from the company ever contact me, but neither HR nor the person I interviewed with ever responded to e-mail follow ups I sent after two weeks of not hearing from them. I found this to be extremely unprofessional, not to mention annoying since I was going through the recruiting process with multiple firms at the time.

Interview Questions

Capital Markets Intern Interview

Capital Markets Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in May 2010.

Interview Details – First round was a phone interview. Second round was at the office, where they asked you to talk about your resume. Asked me to give reasons for why a specific equity was a good or bad investment. Fairly tough interview, as three associates were asking questions at me. Kind of intimidating because the traders are right behind you, with their computer trading screens going on.

Interview Question – Why Lazard Capital Markets?   Answer Question

Sales Trader Interview

Sales Trader
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in October 2012.

Interview Details – oral interview, not too technical, quick

Reason for Declining – too low salary

Equity Capital Markets Internship Interview

Equity Capital Markets Internship

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was in Australia abroad during the interview, so it was difficult to coordinate a time that worked for both of us. I was interviewed by two members of the ECM department and they asked basic fit questions, why Lazard, why ECM, walk me through your resume, etc. No technical questions were involved at all. They were both nice and didn't ask too difficult of questions and they promised me a response in the near future. Unfortunately, I never received any feedback from them until I emailed them a month later. The HR woman said I had been declined and that was it.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just normal fit questions such as Why Lazard? Why ECM?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Research

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through school career website and got a phone call from an analyst. The phone interview was very basic involving a quick introduction of background and setting up the interview time. The interview took place in their office and took 30 minutes. No hard questions were asked.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls are needed to fill this room?   Answer Question

Worked for Lazard Capital Markets? Contribute to the Community!