Lazard Capital Markets

Updated Oct 19, 2014

First Year Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in October 2010.

I only had a first round phone interview with an associate on the Equity Capital Markets team. The interview itself went fine but I found the process and the HR department to be extremely unprofessional. I was told during the interview that HR would contact me within a week with a follow up or instructions on next steps. Not only did no one from the company ever contact me, but neither HR nor the person I interviewed with ever responded to e-mail follow ups I sent after two weeks of not hearing from them. I found this to be extremely unprofessional, not to mention annoying since I was going through the recruiting process with multiple firms at the time.

Capital Markets Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in May 2010.

First round was a phone interview. Second round was at the office, where they asked you to talk about your resume. Asked me to give reasons for why a specific equity was a good or bad investment. Fairly tough interview, as three associates were asking questions at me. Kind of intimidating because the traders are right behind you, with their computer trading screens going on.

M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in August 2014.

First I had to send them my CV as well as Cover Letter, Recommendations and University Transcripts. The were very available and helped me out whenever I had questions during the application process. After reviewing my application for a couple of weeks they told me to do a phone interview with them, which I did a couple of days after. Unfortunately my performance wasn't very satisfying as I focused mainly on the motivational and personal aspects, instead of focusing on the technical and knowledge based aspects. They called my a week later to tell me about my performance, which as expected wasn't enough to get to the next round.

In conclusion I have to say though that they were very nice and helping me out whenever they could and they also gave me useful feedback for eventual future interviews in investment banking.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a company that produces car seats?   Answer Question

Sales Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in October 2012.

oral interview, not too technical, quick

too low salary

Research Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in May 2010.

Applied through school career website and got a phone call from an analyst. The phone interview was very basic involving a quick introduction of background and setting up the interview time. The interview took place in their office and took 30 minutes. No hard questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls are needed to fill this room?   Answer Question

Equity Capital Markets Internship Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lazard Capital Markets in March 2010.

I was in Australia abroad during the interview, so it was difficult to coordinate a time that worked for both of us. I was interviewed by two members of the ECM department and they asked basic fit questions, why Lazard, why ECM, walk me through your resume, etc. No technical questions were involved at all. They were both nice and didn't ask too difficult of questions and they promised me a response in the near future. Unfortunately, I never received any feedback from them until I emailed them a month later. The HR woman said I had been declined and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just normal fit questions such as Why Lazard? Why ECM?   Answer Question