Lazard

Updated Nov 30, 2014

3.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lazard.

Phone interview and then superday

Interview Questions
  • All pretty easy run of the mill technical and behaivoral questions. why IB why lazard pitch a stock walk me through a dcf and then specific questions about steps in the dcf   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lazard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lazard in January 2012.

30 minute interview, 2 bankers present, conducted on-campus. More emphasis on "fit" than other banking interviews. I was asked 2 finance questions that were not complex. (1 accounting, 1 valuations) I happened to grow up in Houston and attended private school from preschool through high school. I mentioned this as an offhand comment, and one of the interviewers actually wrote it down. Do they really care where I went to preschool? Also, they had a good cop/bad cop attitude. Having done behavioral/fit interviews for other industries, I didn't think it was that bad, but it caught some others off-guard, who were expecting more of a focus on the financial questions.

Interview Questions
    • You just sold an asset worth $200M. Walk me through the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

So far only completed first round interview. The interview took consisted of a case study followed by an interview. The case study was, surprisingly, individual work and it took about an hour. I think what they are looking out for is a sense of commercial awareness and ability to develop your reasoning clearly and cogently, rather than coming up with a 'right' answer. Following that, the interview was pretty standard, i.e. why M&A, why Lazard, give me an example when you demonstrated X (leadership, commercial awareness)

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lazard in November 2014.

Long application form but fairly standard. Numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Very quick response (two days later) invited to first round interview at their office. An hour case study on a company, had to produce a one page summary on a computer from a long paper report. Key here is to work fast and efficiently. It is better to leave out some detail and finish than to not finish the task. I found this stage quite challenging. A re test of the numerical reasoning. A 30 minute interview on the case study and some general competency questions. Invited to next round AC but received an offer from another banks so I didn't attend.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in three words? Which other banks have you applied to and why? What is your greatest disappointment?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lazard in February 2010.

When applying on their website I recall a standard mathematical aptitude test. Next step was a phone interview with an external recruitment firm. Quite technical to be a phone interview, with the interviewer asking detailed questions on the steps of a DCF valuation and which factors could affect the outcome. The final step was an assesment center at their London office, with approximately 25 applicatants fighting for what I believe were 7 spots. The day started off with a math test, after which we were split into groups of 8. In the group we recieved two separate cases which we were to discuss and present an outcome. The bankers present seemed to have created a pre-concieved picture of the candidates, as the criticism I recieved was that I didn't perform the way they would have wanted me to - not saying that I performed badly. After eating a lunch with a few of the analysts present, half the group was cut, and the other half had 1-1 interviews with MD's.

Interview Questions
    • Which 6 people (from a list of appr. 20) would you choose to become the management of a newly formed firm?   Answer Question