Lcra

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Associate II Interview

Engineering Associate II
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lcra in July 2014.

Interview Details – The over-the-phone interview came first, which was pretty much as expected: several "getting to know you" type questions, what made you interested in the company, what made you interested in the field, etc. They got back to me the very next day about an in-person interview, which I took, and the questions were of the usual "tell me about a time when something happened to you and how you overcame it". It was unexpected- I had assumed there would be more in-depth engineering questions- but the interviewers were helpful and nice. Unfortunately, as of this writing, the interview was 2 and a half weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from them, so that's so far been the least helpful aspect of this interview.

Interview Question – It's difficult to say, but the question I found most difficult was one about previous disagreements with a boss. I've had bosses in the past who were more agreeable, or who were from retail type jobs, so I really didn't have much experience with that- luckily they gave me the option of answering about what I would do in a hypothetical situation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Lcra.

Interview Details – Interview process was via a panel that asked several questions pertaining to project management processes. The panel was interested in my knowledge of the PMI/PMBOK process and how to use it throughout both large and medium sized projects.

Interview Question – Explaining the detailed intricacies of MS Project, Word, Excel as it relates to project management.   Answer Question

Business Services Interview

Business Services
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lcra in April 2008.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was contacted by HR to meet with the hiring manager for a one-on-one interview. We met at the HQ offices in a large conferencce room. I was asked basic questions about my professional experience, habits, etc. I was contacted (by the mgr) for a second interview and ultimately a third with the hiring mgrs manager.

Interview Question – I was asked what I considered to be standard, cookie cutter interview questions...What are your postive traits, where do you see yourself in five years, what can you contribute to this group, what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer without negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lcra in March 2011.

Interview Details – Was screened by an external recruiter who said they would definitely recommend me for a face to face and suggested 'a week or so' as timeframe for next contact. At the 2-week point, I emailed the recruiter to touch base, and again a week later, but received no response.

After nearly 2 months from the first contact, I received a call from the same recruiter. She said that now that the face-to-face interviews were complete (indicating I was in that group), they had selected other candidate. I explained that I had not done another interview. She cast around for possible reasons they may have decided not to follow up, and ultimately promised to provide feedback on any issues or concerns.

I never heard anything back.

Interview Question – I really don't recall any specific questions at this point.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lcra in January 2010.

Interview Details – Straight forward. Applied online and was contacted within a week or two for a group interview. Interview was nothing out of the ordinary; no real thoughtful questions in fact they seemed very plain and generic. Follow-up was with other management; kind of a meet and greet (I'm guessing I was a finalist). Again, nice people, small talk no real hard hitting questions.

Interview Question – Have you work in the public sector before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is none; the salary is the salary (posted online).

Transmission Services Engineering Intern Interview

Transmission Services Engineering Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lcra in March 2011.

Interview Details – Three hiring managers basically asking me, mostly behaviourial questions, from a list. Pretty straight-forward basic questions.

Interview Question – Asked me about my related power course and its structure and what we covered.   Answer Question

Park Naturalist Interview

Park Naturalist
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Lcra in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was initially conducted by phone, basic outdoor questions and propensity to excel when thinking on your feet. Face to face interview lasted 30 minutes, went more into depth about flora and fauna.

Interview Question – Are you an experienced outdoorsman?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lcra in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone call, interview

Interview Question – What was worst company ever worked for?   View Answer

Supply Interview

Supply

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lcra in April 2010.

Interview Details – Two weeks after I applied the job online, the manager called me for a screening interview. There were two interviewers on the on-site interview day, one was the manager of supply department, the other was one of the General Managers. Most questions were behavirol questions.
Peope are nice, friendly.

Interview Question – How did you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Worked for Lcra? Contribute to the Community!