Le Château Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.4

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Le Château (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed in mall food court, very comfortable and open feel to the conversation. Fair amount of questions as well as regular conversation regarding things about myself and the interviewer. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There weren't any negotiations.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Le Château in January 2015.

Interview

Was called by DM and has a short phone interview. Then had another face to face interview with DM, went well. Was called by store manager to do a face to face interview with them. Was offered the job during that interview. Filled out my paperwork and was suppose to start the following Tuesday. 2 days before I was suppose to start DM called me and told me very unprofessionally that They were in fact not going forward with me and did not give me any reason why. when I asked why the DM said he wouldn't tell me and then abruptly hung up. The interview process went well but the attitude of the DM was so unprofessinal I'm glad I didn't end up working for him.

Interview Questions

• style test had to pick 3 outfits off sales floor, one professional, casual and dressy   Answer Question

Negotiation

was given what asked so it was easy but was told I wasn't getting the job after filling out all my paperwork and getting a schedule. Super unprofessinal

Stylist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Le Château (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Typical questions, best qualities, worst qualities etc., and have to pick out outfits that match a blazer, which included formal, business and casual. Whole interview was around an hour. Then had to come in to fill out papers and read about company and culture, etc.

Window Display Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Le Château (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I had two interviews: the first in person than the phone interview. Due to company complicated organizational structure the person who interviewed me was not related to my department within the company hierarchy. The person who interviewed me on the phone rarely saw me during my employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Limited

Style Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Le Château (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied in person and handed in my resume. Met with the Manager a few days later and and got asked questions about retail policies, my inspirations, my availability, how I would fit in. It was a very comfortable interview environment and I felt very connected to the management at that point.

Style Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Le Château in April 2014.

Interview

Applied in store and got an interview the following week. The questions were very straight forward - name 3 fashion trends this season? A time you had to sell something? What other stores did you apply to?

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Le Château in April 2014.

Interview

First interview was with the Product Manager and involved a series of questions, getting to know me, and then a Style Challenge where I was asked to create three full outfit looks (clothes, shoes, accessories) for one person (mine were Everyday, Career, and Formal) in about 15 minutes using items from around the store. She reviewed my looks and allowed me to explain them and then she provided feedback on how they thought I did. The Assistant Manager also came by to provide feedback. Second interview was with the District Manager/Store Manager. Another time for her to get to know me and ask a series of questions. The first interview was a bit more casual, this one had some more involved questions relating more to situations and how I would handle them. After this I was called and told I was hired and asked to come in for orientation at a later date and to discuss scheduling.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions, they were very typical interview questions. Some relating to this season's trends, or what my personal fashion inspiration is, favourite clothing stores, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Le Château in March 2014.

Interview

Went very well, but you need to do your homework about the company. Took about an hr or so. Lots of detail questions about yourself..personality, work ways. Then a 15min interveiw to do a stylists challenge. If you know your stuff, it's not hard. Second interveiw with DM was smooth...but like I said you need to do your homework on the company....when it started, stores, products and most important, I think...where its made.

Interview Questions

• If you know your stuff, there is no difficult question!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Went very well!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Le Château (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online through their website, got a call from HR, had an interview with HR and then another interview with the store Manager. Was asked basic management interview question. Enjoyed speaking with both HR and the store Manager.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Le Château (London, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Asked a lot about fashion and past jobs. Eg. What influences your personal style? How do you ensure you complete all tasks on time? Etc. etc. Whole things took about 20 minutes, there were quite a few questions but none were terribly difficult. Also asked about why I wanted to work there, I said I liked the clothes (not entirely true.)

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of in your "career" so far? I thought it was a stupid question because I had only ever worked in food or retail, wasn't particularly proud of anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, had to sign a contract.