Le Château

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.6

Window Display Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Le Château.

I had two interviews: the first in person than the phone interview. Due to company complicated organizational structure the person who interviewed me was not related to my department within the company hierarchy. The person who interviewed me on the phone rarely saw me during my employment.

Limited

Style Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Le Château in April 2014.

Applied in store and got an interview the following week. The questions were very straight forward - name 3 fashion trends this season? A time you had to sell something? What other stores did you apply to?

Inventory Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Le Château in April 2014.

First interview was with the Product Manager and involved a series of questions, getting to know me, and then a Style Challenge where I was asked to create three full outfit looks (clothes, shoes, accessories) for one person (mine were Everyday, Career, and Formal) in about 15 minutes using items from around the store. She reviewed my looks and allowed me to explain them and then she provided feedback on how they thought I did. The Assistant Manager also came by to provide feedback.
    Second interview was with the District Manager/Store Manager. Another time for her to get to know me and ask a series of questions. The first interview was a bit more casual, this one had some more involved questions relating more to situations and how I would handle them.
    After this I was called and told I was hired and asked to come in for orientation at a later date and to discuss scheduling.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember specific questions, they were very typical interview questions. Some relating to this season's trends, or what my personal fashion inspiration is, favourite clothing stores, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Le Château in March 2014.

Went very well, but you need to do your homework about the company. Took about an hr or so. Lots of detail questions about yourself..personality, work ways. Then a 15min interveiw to do a stylists challenge. If you know your stuff, it's not hard. Second interveiw with DM was smooth...but like I said you need to do your homework on the company....when it started, stores, products and most important, I think...where its made.

Interview Questions
    • If you know your stuff, there is no difficult question!   Answer Question
    Went very well!

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Le Château in November 2013.

Asked a lot about fashion and past jobs. Eg. What influences your personal style? How do you ensure you complete all tasks on time? Etc. etc. Whole things took about 20 minutes, there were quite a few questions but none were terribly difficult. Also asked about why I wanted to work there, I said I liked the clothes (not entirely true.)

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of in your "career" so far? I thought it was a stupid question because I had only ever worked in food or retail, wasn't particularly proud of anything.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, had to sign a contract.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Le Château in October 2013.

The hiring and interview process was very efficient. The first interview was conducted by the Area Product Manager which focused on multiple questions about my experience in merchandising and retail, along with general questions about myself and the company. I was also given worst case scenario questions as they wanted to see how I would react and/or deal with tough situations. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. I was offered a second interview right away, and a date was set for our next meeting.

The second interview was a hands-on merchandising test where I merchandised 2 tabletop bust forms, a table, a 2-way, and a 4-way. The Area Product Manager and the Regional Merchandising Manager then critiqued my work, and proceeded to ask questions about why I chose to merchandise the way I did. They are looking for answers from a business and marketing standpoint, not your opinion.

Within a few days I received an offer for the Product Manager position.

Overall, the questions aren't too difficult as long as you are well-prepared to answer using your past experiences as examples to validate yourself. They are looking for mature and professional individuals who are confident in their abilities, and are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • At the time I was fairly new to the concept of merchandising, and the business side of it. The most difficult question was when they picked apart my work, and pointed to specific things, asking why I chose to do that.   View Answer
    They asked for my salary expectations during the interview, and gave me an offer that was slightly lower and explained that there would also be commission based on the store's overall sales.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Le Château.

Very evasive at first, felt like i was being talked down to as if i did not know the retail business but it was just a test of how well i knew retail

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Le Château.

i applied in person and i was told to return a 4 days later for the interview,i had one interview

Junior Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Le Château.

Dress to impress, make sure you know the company profile. Run way fashion for the everyday working men and women.

Know color trends, fashion trends, be confident.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle someone stealing merchandise from the store?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate job details at all, I wish I should have because to make commission past holiday season in a small mall setting is hard.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Le Château.

They ask you what year Le Chateau was established and what the words mean in english...useless things. They also ask you to list current fashion trends, They make you dress up 3 or 4 mannequins in a specific style(s).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where your leadership values show through.   Answer Question