LeapFrog

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

3.1

Finance Manager, FP&A Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LeapFrog.

Interviewed with 10 employees over 3 1/2 hours and no response! Interview process appeared to identify gaps and on-the-fly redesign of position definition and requirements. Interviewers not as well prepared as might be anticipated. No followup from recruiter after day long series of interviews, despite follow up thank you notes and status inquiries after a couple of weeks. Expensive day for an interviewee in terms of time, time off work, not to be given the courtesy of a status. Whether or not a person is selected, if the candidate is willing to take a day off from their current job to come in for multiple interviews, it is not polite or professional not to even offer a "no thank you" message. Very disappointed in this lack of common courtesy or professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • What ROI level would a product make sense to present to executive staff? What triggers would you change?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I can't remember a lot of specific details. I had an in with the company, spoke with them for some time, had a couple interviews, and was offered the job.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LeapFrog.

Had 2 phone interviews for an internship. First was a screener interview with an HR coordinator (questions such as "What attracted you to LeapFrog?". Within the first 10 minutes, the HR coordinator said she wanted to arrange a phone interview in the next couple of hours with the hiring manager. Phone interview with the hiring manager was pleasant, no difficult or unexpected questions, she just wanted to know about my experience/education and how that would apply to the internship. After the interview, she said the HR coordinator would get in touch with me about the decision. I didn't hear anything for a week and emailed the HR coordinator, at which time she responded that the team was still in the process of interviewing other candidates. A week after that I received an email that I wasn't selected for the internship.

Overall, I had a pleasant and responsive interaction with the recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts about using technology in children's products?   Answer Question

Game Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LeapFrog in April 2014.

I had two interviews with Leapfrog, with their design manager and senior designer. The interview questions are more like general design questions, and they are really nice to chat with, not scary at all.

Interview Questions

I got the offer, but since my OPT (I am an international student) starting date is one week later than the expected date, my offer got rescinded by them. So I did not get a chance to work there.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at LeapFrog.

I had 2 interviews, both with the manager of the team I was interviewing with. They were both within a week of each other. The first was more a basic phone interview where I talked about my academics and why I chose to apply to this company etc etc. The second was a skype interview with a couple technical questions that I was able to talk through.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some product design and management questions that I wasn't really familiar with, but my interviewer was just looking for the thought process more than the "correct" answer.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LeapFrog.

Applied online and was contacted 3 weeks later about a phone screen. After that the process went fairly quickly. They were in constant communication and all interviewers and HR reps were friendly and pleasant. Total time between application and offer was ~2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was, "what was your favorite character in a game?"   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LeapFrog.

I applied online an did not get an phone interview until about 3 weeks later. After this interview, I waited for another 2 weeks for the next phone interview. A month later, I was notified that I had been cut from the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Favorite childhood toy, and what I would to do improve it   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LeapFrog in October 2013.

Submitted my resume and a week later got a email for phone interview. Talk to HR manager on this interview and she went over my resume and personal viewpoint questions. Few days later they requested a second phone interview with the IT manager. This interview went more technical. I answer all of his questions and I think it went well. Based on the job description I could probably do 90% of the work and had the knowledge to back it. He told me that they were still interviewing and would contact in a week or two. It's been over 2 weeks now and no word - yes or no.

Learning Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LeapFrog in September 2013.

I had a phone interview with the learning design team. The interview went well, it was casual and conversational. I didn't hear from them afterwards, so I followed up and they told me they hired someone internal.

Interview Questions
    • I think they already knew who was going to fill the position, so they didn't ask any very challenging questions during the interview. It was very general-- tell me about yourself, your background in educational media, and why you're interested in LeapFrog.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LeapFrog.

I received this lead from an agency. I first had a phone interview with the Global IT Manager who brought me in for an interview very quickly. I first met with HR who went over benefits and salary, then I met individually with 3 members of the IT team. The first person I met with was nice, the second was very blank. The third was the person I had the phone interview with and was nice but brief.