Leapfrog Online Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

3.3

Miscellaneous Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

interviewed at Leapfrog Online in March 2014.

I applied online through the Jobvite site. I checked the status of my application and saw that it had been opened, but nothing ever came of it.

6 months later, I got a call about the same role as my information was still in the system. I did a phone screen with the HR rep who was very nice and quite enthusiastic about my qualifications. A week later I went in for a marathon interview, meeting everyone who I might come into contact with at the company. Some of the meetings were with one person, some were with a team.

Another week later, I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Because of the varied workload of the role, I was asked a very broad range of questions, some of which I had to do my best to bend answers to fit.   Answer Question
    Very straight forward. They offered, and I liked the terms. What can I say--I'm easy.

Senior Account Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leapfrog Online in March 2014.

Submitted an application online then contacted by HR via email for a phone screen. Had one more phone interview then invited for in-person interview. Met with four people from different disciplines. Invited by for another round of in person interviews, which consisted of three more people. Invited to lunch with future manager to address final concerns of fit. Offered position within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview questions, nothing unexpected. Most questions along the lines of, "Tell me about a time when you...".   Answer Question
    Very straight-forward. HR was very professional and transparent.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Leapfrog Online.

Initial contact was made by a recruiter after expressing interest at a job fair. I sent her my resume and had a phone interview. She was pleasant to speak with, asked appropriate questions and I felt it was a good 'first screening', as to be expected. I then was scheduled for a face to face interview with two people, their HR manager and then the current manager of who's position I was interviewing for. The interviews with both people were quite traditional in the questions they asked and referenced my resume quite a bit to have me elaborate on specific 'problem to solution' experience I had and how it impacted the companies bottom line. The process was quite easy, very good communication between the recruiters and LFO. They were prepared and had a good mix of prepared questions, and free flowing conversation.

Interview Questions
    • They were quite adamant about learning about my previous data and analytics experience. In the job posting this was mentioned, but it didn't read like an analyst position, nor does the title, otherwise I would have drafted my cover letter and resume differently and came more prepared.   Answer Question

Senior Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leapfrog Online in January 2013.

I had a phone interview with HR first. No tough questions, just asked my background and why I want the job. Then the HR set up a phone interview to talk with the hiring manager. After the interview I went on-site to meet with the hiring manager and a team member.

QA Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Leapfrog Online in March 2011.

I applied directly to HR based on a craigslist posting. I was contacted a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. It consisted mostly of talking about my experience level with programming test scripts, very specific to the position. Not a lot of "typical" interview questions that you find on career websites. I was asked in for another interview, this consisted of a series of short interviews with HR, project manager, developer and developer manager. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to write sample code to show understanding of test scripts, asserts.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Leapfrog Online in March 2010.

Poor communication between people responsible for interviewing me. Not a good understanding of what it takes to be a good front end developer.
    Silly questions by second interviewer. Doesn't seem like the type of place that values honest ethical work. Seems like they treat their employees and contractors as drones. Sounded like the company was in inner turmoil, and it came through during the interview. The two people who interviewed me were not aligned on the role of the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the first thing you do when you start a project?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Leapfrog Online in January 2010.

Participated in a phone screen with HR, then onto 1st round of interviews with 4 people in the department I would be working in. Invited to a 2nd round of interviews with various members of other departments, as well as the CEO. Everyone seemed pretty happy and passionate about their jobs, as well as the direction the company was headed.

After the 2nd round, I was told the company was checking references. A few days later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see marketing as more of an art, or a science, and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Leapfrog Online.

I had a phone interview in early September and I never head back from them until mid October. I went in for an interview in early November and then for a 2nd round of interviews in late November. I finally got an offer in mid December and started my first day in January for that following year. The screening and interview process is way to long and the company is losing good candidates as a result.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Leapfrog Online in January 2007.

Meet with people from all departments.