Lear Corporation

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.8

Assistant Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lear Corporation in February 2015.

Interview process was very quick. Went in on Thursday and was offered the job the following Monday. Controller heavily pushed relocation and said that if I was not willing to relocate in 2-3 years, I would be expected to leave the company. Controller also offered the job to me and then very unprofessionally "rescinded" his offer less than 24 hours later, ending the conversation with "happy job hunting". I found the whole situation to be very rude and unprofessional. I am thankful I did not accept the offer to work for a company that allows their employees to behave in such a poor manner.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Lear Corporation.

Emailed by a recruiting company about the job. I interviewed for it and got the job offer the same day. Interviewed with the Engineering and Maintenance Manager and HR Manager. Asked about my experience in a similar role, talked about the company etc (1 hour or so)

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a M/R or electrician declines to do the work you've asked?   View Answer
    This is the rate per hour - not negotiable

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Lear Corporation.

A phone screening interview was conducted by a recruiter that presented the opportunity. The interviews were conducted at Lear HQ in Southfield, Michigan. The first round of interviews included the Hiring Director and a HR Manager. The second round included the Hiring Manager and two peers.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult task that you have to do at your prior job?   Answer Question

Payroll Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lear Corporation.

I received a call and initially did a phone interview. Questions were centered around my current work experience.Went on one interview. I feel it went extremely well only to find out that they hired internally.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most influential impact you have made in a former position.   Answer Question

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Lear Corporation in November 2013.

i had one interview in a office face to face at lear corporation sitting down in a chair and the guy ask me questions.i did really good cause i gave him a positive altitude and eye contact

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewistown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewistown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lear Corporation.

I was already an employee of Lear. I changed postions, but I was required to do 2 interviews. One was on the phone, and the other I traveled to Lewistown Pa. for the 2nd interview. It was very in depth and they wanted to know what experience I could bring to the table and how I could help them on the road. I was loacated out of an office at my home and had 11 automotive facilities I handled myself.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have anything unexpected. They were very precise and knew what they wanted to ask and it all pertained to the job.   Answer Question
    There was NO negotiation phase, they gave me what I wanted plus and they left everything to me how I wanted to set things up for my office and vehicle. I had everything I wanted and more. I loved that job.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

got in for the first interview, the process was nice.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lear Corporation in March 2012.

I was emailed directly by the engineering director instead of the human resources department. Went in for a 1 to1 interview and had a tour, but didn't fill out any applications. Seemed very professional at first, but I waited a month to find out that the position has already been filled. An email or a phone call would have been nice.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

interviewed at Lear Corporation in May 2011.

I had two interviews, the first one with HR and the second one with a Director, I was asked about my work experience in previous jobs and the normal personal questions, nothing very deep or difficult.

Purchasing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lear Corporation in October 2010.

Very simple, laid-back - Lear looks for candidates that are straight shooters, honest and are willing to grow and learn. They like you to offer suggestions, asking why, why, why until you are satisfied.