Lear

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Southfield, MI

I interviewed at Lear in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the first one with HR and the second one with a Director, I was asked about my work experience in previous jobs and the normal personal questions, nothing very deep or difficult.

Interview Question – There was not a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Lewistown, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lear.

Interview Details – I was already an employee of Lear. I changed postions, but I was required to do 2 interviews. One was on the phone, and the other I traveled to Lewistown Pa. for the 2nd interview. It was very in depth and they wanted to know what experience I could bring to the table and how I could help them on the road. I was loacated out of an office at my home and had 11 automotive facilities I handled myself.

Interview Question – I didn't have anything unexpected. They were very precise and knew what they wanted to ask and it all pertained to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was NO negotiation phase, they gave me what I wanted plus and they left everything to me how I wanted to set things up for my office and vehicle. I had everything I wanted and more. I loved that job.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Lear

Interview Details – got in for the first interview, the process was nice.

Interview Question – what is the biggest failure you face.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Dearborn, MI

I interviewed at Lear in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online.Contacted by recruiter and forwarded to HR. HR called and discussed on Salary. Set up telephone interview with hiring manager. Next round was technical interview. Both went well. Invited for perdonal interview, went well. HR called and updated on status on every stage. After decisoin made by HR, I was offered job.

Interview Question – What part of the job you have not liked most   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lear in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was emailed directly by the engineering director instead of the human resources department. Went in for a 1 to1 interview and had a tour, but didn't fill out any applications. Seemed very professional at first, but I waited a month to find out that the position has already been filled. An email or a phone call would have been nice.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about myself.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Southfield, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lear in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initially very promising, phone interview and the process is time consuming and nerve racking, make sure you know about company operations and directions of product movement

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lear in January 2008.

Interview Details – It was 1 hr phone interview followed by 3 member ppanel

Interview Questions

Human Resources Specialist Business Development Interview

Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lear in April 2013.

Interview Details – HR does not have a clue of what and why they are recruiting.

Interview Question – Requirement and resume selection do not match!!!!   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed at Lear in December 2010.

Interview Details – Attended a walkin drive for graduates:
1) Aptitude test followed by
2) couple of technical rounds
3) HR round

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as such   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since joined as a fresher, I had nothing to negotiate.
But you may always negotiate.

Very Difficult Interview

LPS Implementation Specialist Interview

Coventry, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Lear in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in two stages by the LPS Implementation Manager. The first part was a personality interview, covering the applicant's background, experience, attitudes and some scenario based questions, e.g. "How would you deal with...", "Give me an example of when you...".

The second part, which took place around 2 weeks later, was more of a technical interview. Questions were more like exam qualification questions, such as "What are the processes involved in...", "What are the best practices associated with..." etc.

The interviewer was fairly young and possibly inexperienced in successful interviewing techniques (he seemed to be very shaky and nervous and I had to try to make HIM feel at ease!). There was almost no natural discussion/conversation and he simply read long-winded pre-written questions from a sheet, not only for the technical interview but also for the personality interview - very formal and impersonal.

The role was to implement the company's production system and required knowledge and understanding of production facilities, wintel servers and SQL server installation and configuration. The technical interview seemed to concentrate on one small aspect of the role, specifically SQL server. This is obviously an important aspect of the role but the questions asked were at a level that only an experienced SQL DBA would be comfortable with. The interviewer explained that SQL experience wasn't essential to the role and yet relied on high level technical questioning to assess the candidate's capability.

With 18 years in IT systems administration in a production environment, significant experience in sever- and client-side SQL and also implementation experience, I had very relevant and pertinent skills and knowledge but failed at the technical interview stage as I could not answer the SQL best practice questions.

In my opinion, the interviewer's narrow and impersonal interviewing technique completely failed to get any handle on who the candidate really was and how they could bring their skills to the role.

Interview Question – High-level technical questions about detailed processes and best practices.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lear? Contribute to the Community!

Lear – Why Work for Us?

Global capability with individual commitment The Lear Corporation is a Fortune 500 company with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. As a leading supplier… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lear interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lear employees and interview candidates.