Learning Sciences International

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Learning Sciences International

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Learning Sciences International (York, PA).

Interview

Was interviewed by the owner who was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Needed to tell about myself and my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Easy process.

Web Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Learning Sciences International (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Quite thorough and thoughtful interview process. They (justifiably) demanded to see powerful and relevant samples of great work--not simply general samples of good work. The initial phone interview was friendly and efficient, getting right to the point. It was obvious they were assessing talent AND culture fit. I then had follow-up phone interviews with other leaders throughout the company.

The next phase was a 'toss you in the deep end' writing challenge. This was another step that required due diligence beforehand. An unprepared candidate would sink fast.

Once it was determined that I was on the short list, I was flown down (at their expense) and put up in a nice hotel (also at their expense). The interview was incredibly thorough. It was obvious that anybody who did not do their homework (due diligence study of all related websites, company mission, products, positions, etc.) would not be able to survive the onsite interview process.

Learning Sciences International then showed their commitment to a high quality, high standards hiring process by conducting a detailed background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe who we are and what we do in 30 seconds.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A fair and data-driven process. The CEO believes strongly in fair pay.

Creative Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Learning Sciences International (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

A person who claimed she was a creative director called me to set up an interview which I attended.
    Another person who said she was an editorial person joined the interview.

This company advertised for a well rounded, creative writer and despite having a very varied portfolio of both print and online work which also included professional photography, the discussion quickly turned to how I felt I would react to working in a fast paced, quickly changing environment (Isn't every work place that way today?) and also how I would handle working for a very demanding company owner (read into this any way you care to).

Despite giving them my assurance that I was very flexible and capable of dealing with change, my professional background never came back into the interview discussion nor did I ever hear from them again despite me sending them a follow up email thanking them for their time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time or situation where you had to deal with an unpleasant co-worker?   1 Answer

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Learning Sciences International (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

I responded to an advertisement through ASCD Smartbrief because LSI was looking for Staff Developers to help deliver professional development to school districts in FL. My initial contact was in February and things seemed to be moving along until communication stopped altogether. I was contact around 2 months later and asked to attend a training. I was hired to be a contracted staff developer and was soon asked to do "extra" work which turned in to a job offer for my current position.

The lack of communication was the result of not enough staff for the work that was being done. The company has growth greatly in a short period of time.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions centered around school leadership and implementation of instructional frameworks. I was not expecting the instructional frameworks questions, as I had been thinking only about the Marzano Framework.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. There was an offer and an acceptance. I am not a good negotiator, as I have been only in public education before this job.