Learning Sciences International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
York, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Learning Sciences International.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by the owner who was very friendly.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Needed to tell about myself and my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Easy process.

Product Development Manager Interview

Product Development Manager
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Learning Sciences International in May 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to an advertisement through ASCD Smartbrief because LSI was looking for Staff Developers to help deliver professional development to school districts in FL. My initial contact was in February and things seemed to be moving along until communication stopped altogether. I was contact around 2 months later and asked to attend a training. I was hired to be a contracted staff developer and was soon asked to do "extra" work which turned in to a job offer for my current position.

The lack of communication was the result of not enough staff for the work that was being done. The company has growth greatly in a short period of time.

Interview Question – Interview questions centered around school leadership and implementation of instructional frameworks. I was not expecting the instructional frameworks questions, as I had been thinking only about the Marzano Framework.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no real negotiation. There was an offer and an acceptance. I am not a good negotiator, as I have been only in public education before this job.

Web Content Writer Interview

Web Content Writer
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Learning Sciences International in July 2012.

Interview Details – Quite thorough and thoughtful interview process. They (justifiably) demanded to see powerful and relevant samples of great work--not simply general samples of good work. The initial phone interview was friendly and efficient, getting right to the point. It was obvious they were assessing talent AND culture fit. I then had follow-up phone interviews with other leaders throughout the company.

The next phase was a 'toss you in the deep end' writing challenge. This was another step that required due diligence beforehand. An unprepared candidate would sink fast.

Once it was determined that I was on the short list, I was flown down (at their expense) and put up in a nice hotel (also at their expense). The interview was incredibly thorough. It was obvious that anybody who did not do their homework (due diligence study of all related websites, company mission, products, positions, etc.) would not be able to survive the onsite interview process.

Learning Sciences International then showed their commitment to a high quality, high standards hiring process by conducting a detailed background check.

Interview Question – Describe who we are and what we do in 30 seconds.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A fair and data-driven process. The CEO believes strongly in fair pay.

Creative Copywriter Interview

Creative Copywriter
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Learning Sciences International in January 2012.

Interview Details – A person who claimed she was a creative director called me to set up an interview which I attended.
Another person who said she was an editorial person joined the interview.

This company advertised for a well rounded, creative writer and despite having a very varied portfolio of both print and online work which also included professional photography, the discussion quickly turned to how I felt I would react to working in a fast paced, quickly changing environment (Isn't every work place that way today?) and also how I would handle working for a very demanding company owner (read into this any way you care to).

Despite giving them my assurance that I was very flexible and capable of dealing with change, my professional background never came back into the interview discussion nor did I ever hear from them again despite me sending them a follow up email thanking them for their time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time or situation where you had to deal with an unpleasant co-worker?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Learning Sciences International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Learning Sciences International interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Learning Sciences International employees and interview candidates.