Learning Tree Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Learning Tree

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Learning Tree.

I had a great conversation with the recruiter. We talked about the responsibilities of the position and how they related to my background. She was very conversational, professional, and enthusiastic. She felt we were a very good match and within a few days, she scheduled me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer didn't ask me any questions. He started the interview with "So, what questions do you have for me?" At first I thought this was genius because I had done my homework about the industry, the company, the products, and the current competitive environment. I asked questions in all of those areas. After each answer, he repeated, "What other questions do you have for me?" I felt like I might be on candid camera, but I played along. After 30 minutes of asking him questions, he said the interview was over. I was very confused until I asked for his business card. He said he had none and made no effort to provide me with his contact information. He just looked at me. That's when I realized this was no interview at all; he was just wasting my time. I would have preferred to discuss my qualifications in terms of the position and have some kind of a professional, meaningful conversation. Instead, I only felt disrespected as I made the commute down the Dulles toll-road in my perfectly pressed suit and fresh haircut. The experience was so surreal, I felt he had to be laughing with his friends about how badly he messed with me. It was bizarre. I guess we both got a story out of it.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Learning Tree.

A most frustrating and unprofessional experience. I applied for a position through a mutual contact and was given a preliminary interview by a recruiter who turned out to be a temp. That led to a face-to-face interview with HR and the hiring manager, before which I was required to complete a series of basic-skills tests (math, software, etc.). Following this, I was given another phone interview with a team member on the west coast, which seemed to go very well. A few days later, I received an email (not a phone call) from HR – another temp – saying that they had decided to close the position and not hire anyone at this time. In other words, all of my time, preparation, and effort was completely wasted. If the organization is so disorganized that it can’t do something as simple as determine whether to fill a position that they have advertised and interviewed for, it’s probably no surprise that their stock price is still near the bottom of the scale.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone's favorite! "What is your biggest weakness!"   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Learning Tree.

Several interviews, lots of testing. The testing is a bit hookie, but nothing I hadn't seen before.

No negotiation.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Learning Tree in August 2009.

Took a test.

Interview Questions
    They don't match counteroffers.

Product Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Learning Tree in July 2009.

I started working there through a temp agency. In order to get the temp job, I had to do an interview and a writing test. Once they realized that they would need me full-time, they offered me the job because they had liked my work.

Interview Questions
    • I had to do a writing test. It was writing a brochure page and FAQ on a topic I knew a lot about.   Answer Question
    It was easy to negotiate salary and the position.