Lebara

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.8

Senior SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lebara in November 2014.

1st interview was 30 min technical telephone interview where various SQL questions were asked including the new features on SQL 2012 and 2014.

Face to face interview included presentation on SQL2012 projects that I have worked on. Then there were real world case studies that I was given and how best to resolve them. Then there were technical questions and discussions based on that.

On the same day, had the HR interview which included typical HR questions, Why Lebara?, Strengths and Weakness? etc

The whole process lasted for nearly 3 hours.

Thoroughly enjoyed the process

Senior Solution Architect Interview

1. Made me go through a one hour long test which is really not relevant for senior positions. The test format was kept hidden uptil the time of test. The test had to be done on the company premises. There is no way you can do offline etc.

2. The made me wait for over one month for feedback. Initially they said all is good but meanwhile they kept looking for other candidates and ditched me after 1.5 months of wait.

Probably Lebara has lived to the reputation of being a poor employer and a recruiter.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Lebara.

2 interview with job offer immediate after second interview. Very few personal questions, no interest in my long term goals, clearly meant to be a short term role, which is what it ended up being. 2nd interview with senior manager who was much more capable and has now left which is a she because Lebara needs more people like him. I guess he didn't speak Hindi

Interview Questions
    • Numerous very basic questions about SQL Server and CRM where interviewing manager clearly had no real understanding of the subject. Interviewer spoke broken English and was not a good communicator   View Answer
    Lebara refused to negotiate. Offered salary not paid until 6 months - this was not explained at interview.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lebara in May 2011.

My last interview for new job title almost 4 years I am working for same company with different different job role

Interview Questions
    • How you will be motivating staff to improve there sales & achieve the target?   View Answer
    Same reason as given below

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lebara in March 2011.

applied for the role via gumtree in december
    received a mail in late february saking if i was still interested in the role and was alright for a telephone interview
    telephone interview lasted about 30minutes- friendly but focused ( what is customer service to you, why r u interested in the role, employment history to date, what are you doing now)
    immediately after the call, got invited to the AC
    at the AC- had a presentation, wriiten exercise, and group exercise. after this stage some applicants were told they were unsuccessful
    then had a tour of the company,and a listen-in with one of the CSA.
    then a 1:1 interview with the manager, lasted about 30-45mins#
    questions: greatest achievement, challenges i would encounter on the job an dhow i would deal with them, how my personality would fit in the call centre, leadership role and outcome, teamspirit

Interview Questions
    • what were the challenges i expected to face working in a call centre, having no prior experience of call centre work?   Answer Question

looking for longer hours, was offerd 20/wk on a PT basis

SEO Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lebara in May 2010.

I was informed by a recruitment agency that Lebara were looking for an SEO executive, so I had a look at their job description. The job looked a bit above my level of experience, although not above my understanding and ability. I was told by the recruiter that Lebara were willing to 'develop' someone with 6+ months of commercial SEO experience. I liked the sound of that, as I felt I didn't have enough experience to hit the ground running in a highly pressurised environment.

I arrived in a very nice office block slightly east of central london, walked through reception, and took the lift up to the appropriate floor. After a few minutes I was greeted by a short and rather serious looking interviewer, who led me up to a tiny interview room, all glass-walled.

I could see that this interview was going to be more confrontational. Although the interviewer seemed like a decent guy, the phoney seriousness was quite a distraction and frankly did not inspire me to either work with him, or the company. What suprised me was the level of bad mouthing he directed towards the company he worked for, in particular the website, as well as the office area and the other internet marketing companies I said I had applied to recently. The interview had started with a brief description of why he was interviewing me - basically to see what my personality was like. He then asked me what I do for fun in my free time. At this point I knew that it was going to be a little off-the-wall and not too technical, as that was to follow if there was a second interview apparently.

Througout the interview he forgot what I'd said on numerous occassions, provided a few ridiculous answers to my technical questions (going back on himself), and gave himself more excuses to moan about various aspects of the internet marketing industry. There were also periods of silence where he'd wait for me to speak before moving on. Overall it seemed to me that the interviewer was not enjoying his job, had a huge uphill struggle to get far too much work done, and was not that interested what I had to offer. I could see him blowing up at the slightest wrongdoing. I also had the feeling that he was not able to foster relationships easily, which is vital in SEO, both internally and externally.

Although I've not heard from the company, and said I'm interested in a second interview, I'm not interested in pursuing that, or any other, role there. If you're interested, the role was much more management than technical.