Lee Company

Lee Company Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lee Company.

Our initial communication was via email and we were able to set up an interview time. I lived three hours away at the time, and instead of having a phone interview they had me come to the office to interview in person, but I didn't mind it too much.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard, no incredibly difficult or challenging questions that I can come up with.   Answer Question

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, CT

interviewed at Lee Company in March 2013.

Interviewed with three people, each of them was very nice and helpful. They were upfront, and very honest about grow within the company and what success in the company looks like. The company clearly cares about its employees.

Interview Questions
    • What conflict have you overcome, and how did you come out a better person.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbrook, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lee Company in April 2009.

Initially made contact with the company and HR during a career fair. They made me aware they were looking for internal sales positions, which fit with my career goals. Gave them me resume and was contacted about a week later for an in person interview.

The in person interview was with the direct supervisor of the position, several other supervisors at his level, and their boss, the internal sales manager. The interview included a full factory shop tour and taking me out to lunch. There was no panel interview, but at various points I met one-on-one with different direct supervisors (trying to gauge which one would be the best fit). Questions were resume based, many to do with previous internship experience I had.

After that, about a week later I was invited to have dinner with my direct supervisor, the internal sales manager, and the VP of Sales. I understand this is the most difficult step to pass, but I felt it went very smoothly and I had a great dinner at a very nice restaurant.

Within 2-3 days I was called by HR and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you have worked on as a team (ie. your Senior Design Project)   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, given the fact that I was a fresh college graduate and compensation package offered was excellent.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lee Company in September 2012.

First had a phone interview and the guy who interviewed me was extremely nonchalant about everything. He basically just wanted to get to know me as a person. Then I came in for an in person interview 2 weeks later and they took me out to lunch after. Even the in person interview was not difficult at all. They didn't really ask many questions about why I felt I should get this position.

Technical Sales Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lee Company in October 2010.

When the interview started I was told that they were looking for someone to fill the position immediately. That's understandable. Though I graduate at the end of the summer quarter. I was informed almost immediately that if I didn't move on to have a second interview I wouldn't be contacted. I thought that was rude and reflected on how much they value people and the time that the individual takes to learn about and interview with a company. The position was not an entry level position which left room for career development or growth.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in future? What would you like your role to be in the company?   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lee Company in September 2010.

I have not completed the interview process yet, but so far they have simply called me on the phone to establish a phone interview, and in a few weeks are flying two people to my city to conduct a formal interview. They have so far been very polite, respectful, and frankly have a good sense of humor.