Lee Enterprises

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Munster, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lee Enterprises in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very Professional, however the hiring manager was late and I waited over 45 minutes. It was also very lengthy, over 4 weeks until hire offer. Off site drug testing was hard to find, and HR did not give good direction.

Negotiation Details – 2 interviews, 1 phone, 1 face to face

DMS Interview

DMS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lee Enterprises.

Interview Details – Long

Interview Question – What is your hometown   View Answer

Circulation Manager Interview

Circulation Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lee Enterprises.

Interview Details – Pretty typical for a company

Interview Question – All questions were just as expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Time off

Advertising Sales Interview

Advertising Sales
Carbondale, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lee Enterprises in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews pertaining of a conversational meeting with a mid-level manager or HR manager on he phone or in person occurs to see if one might fit in the organization. Testing may be ordered consisting of an IQ test, personality testing and a psychological profile -- some in person, some online. A second interview with another manager and/or a higher level manager is in order. A third interview where an offer and negotiation takes place pending a drug screen. The hiring process at Lee is arduous and unappealingly long. This lack of efficiency leads to better employee candidates being scooped up by other companies.

Regardless of pace, the process was and remains quite legal and ethical. I received no 'red flag' questions, quite the opposite.

Interview Question – Why do you think newspaper is the place for you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They make a vague offer and you can take it and hope for the best.

Assistant Circulation Director Interview

Assistant Circulation Director
Sioux City, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lee Enterprises in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. I submitted my resume online and was contacted the same day. A phone interview was cunducted with both the circulation director and the publisher to weeks later. The phone interview was a pretty limple process mainly discussing my job experience in relation to thier requirements. Following the phone interview I was asked to fly up at thier expense for a more formal interview. I was put up in a luxury hotel for the 2 day process. The first day was a very casual meeting with the circulation director. I was driven around the market and given a nice overview of the city followed by a very nice dinner. The second day was more in depth. I interviewed with several department heads including the editor, advertising manager, niche products manager, marketing manager and customer service manager. I was offerd a position the day after I returned home. We negotiated salary and bonuses for about a week following the intial offer and came to a agreement.

Interview Questions

• How would handle managing a staff much older than yourself?   Answer Question
  • How are you going to handle the climate in relation to what you are used to.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Digital Media Sales Consultant Interview

Digital Media Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lee Enterprises.

Interview Details – They found my resume online I posted a year earlier- they brought me in, tried to tell me I would have an established book of business when I started and I could make tons of money- they asked me what I thought and didn't even really ask me about my background or what I would do I. Certain situations. Just an FYI- if you have an interview like that please please please don't take it.

Interview Question – When I would be able to start   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lee Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lee Enterprises interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lee Enterprises employees and interview candidates.