Legacy Marketing of Boston

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

1.4

Marketing Associate Interview

First day you will meet with the VP to have a short interview. If you get through, the second round is a whole day interview. Basically you will go with someone to see how they work everyday. They are going to sell the products on the street, door to door, ask every store that if they need it.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions, just some basic questions about what do you want from this job, what do you think you can learn from it, something like that.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Legacy Marketing of Boston in April 2014.

Initially, I applied via CL to a Marketing analist position. Two days later I got a call invited for a interview. Before accepting the interview, I asked if the position was door to door sales. They reply to me:

"This position is business-to-business marketing involving marketing research and analysis and using the data to customize in-person presentations, events, and promotional marketing. We connect our clients, Verizon, T-Mobile, Assurance Wireless, Direct Energy, to small and medium commercial business owners and decision makers."

I went for the interview and the person that interview me didn't even look at my resume, just to a basic form that you're obliged to fill at the entrance.

After 2 minutes of company presentation, he explain me that the position is door to door sales. I asked, what about the Marketing Analist position?

His reply: That is a old position that we used to have, analyzing how to increase door to door sales, but basically you will be doing door to door sales

So I rather decline. When a company is misleading in their information from the beginning, then you know what to expect next.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing or interested in this position?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

waste of time, they don't tell you you're basically selling phones in dangerous areas and everybody gets hired to help these people sell their crap, avoid!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Legacy Marketing of Boston in December 2013.

Email correspondence, phone correspondence, preliminary interview, "quiz" to see whether you fit in the company's culture, second interview/shadow day, hired.

Notice: for the second interview be aware that you may be outside. They do not tell you about that possibility. Also if you do not like the job feel free to leave during the shadow day- they don't pay you for it anyway.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation- you take what the company has to offer.

Corporate Trainer Interview

3 round interview process. First round interview is a one on one with a manager, assistant manager or an human resource administrator. Second round is a full day shadow interview to see the key business sense of the candidate to judge and see if they are a good fit for the company. Third round for a final assessment.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Legacy Marketing of Boston in September 2013.

Applied by sending an email of my resume. Got answer within one hour asked me for a face to face interview the next day. Their office located at a very abundant like building and the office itself is very tiny. Two girls sharing one desk greeted me and gave me a form to fill (I end of realized that these two girls are represented as the HR department). A very friendly guy interviewed me. To my surprise, instead of asking me bunch of questions, he introduced a lot about how his company works and what should I do. Received a call from them after two hours of interview saying that I am selected to enrolled in the second round. However, according to the research I did about this company, I know that basically everyone would be hired and started doing door to door sale without regular paycheck. So I have to pass this opportunity.

Entry Level Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Legacy Marketing of Boston in May 2013.

I applied online and was called about two hours later and invited for an interview. I showed up at the office and had to fill out a basic application form and then had an interview with the CEO. The interview was very, very brief--maybe 15 minutes. I don't really have a marketing background and it should've been a red flag that he didn't ask me why marketing might be a good fit for me. He did ask me to rank, in order of priority, "fun, growth, money," and a fourth thing I forgot. Learning later what the company actually did, I realized the reason I was called back for a second interview was clearly because I put money last. At no point did the CEO describe the position I was applying for, nor did he tell me it was 100% commission based.

The next day I returned to shadow another employee. I had been told on the phone I would be shadowing a marketing specialist in the field, but as some of the other reviewers mentioned, I was led to believe that meant at indoor meetings, not walking door-to-door.

The position was entirely walking door-to-door through Somerville asking people if they were happy with their service and if they wanted to switch to Verizon. (The highlight was when we went into a music store and the owner said he'd switched to Verizon thanks to a Legacy marketer a few months ago and his costs had actually gone up). The only reason I found out the job was 100% commission was because another guy the marketer was training let it slip accidentally. The guy I was shadowing was really obnoxious and arrogant, so that coupled with the 100% commission information made me quit the interview halfway through. The employee I was shadowing then became very pushy and it became clear that they'd planned to hire everybody that had been invited to shadow.

I have no doubt that some people are extremely successful working for Legacy. However, Legacy Marketing should be upfront with job candidates--they'd save themselves a lot of time that way, by weeding out people like me who would NOT be successful. It's sketchy that they feel the need to hide information from potential employees during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The unexpected one was how would I rank money and fun and growth.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Very Easy Process. If you have the desire to work hard you will get the job.