Legal Sea Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Legal Sea Foods in April 2013.

Interview Details – Pretrt basic interview questions, they will call you first once you apply to set up and in restaurant interview. Look presentable and be eager to work and able to start as soon as possible. They love flexibility and hate if you have another restaurant job on the side.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good canidate for legal seafoods?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – working at least 4 nights a week

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Legal Sea Foods.

Interview Details – Legal Sea Foods gets a ton of applications, so to get the job you have to be very persistent. I applied online and never heard anything. I called and pushed the button for "career" and it directed me to a voicemail, where I left a message, and gave me an email address to send my resume to, which I did. I never heard anything back from that either. When I went in the first time the manager was busy, and the host wrote down my name, but I never heard anything back from that. I went in a second time a few weeks later, with my resume, and was able to sit down with the assistant manager for a pre-interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an interview with the general manager. That went well, and I started training about a week and a half later. All in all it was almost a 7 week process. But I'm sure it differs for each individual person.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Legal Sea Foods in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy interview, semi-formal, asked several basic questions, all they are looking for is someone who is responsible, easy going, had some kind of professional experience.

Interview Question – History of the restaurant and how many locations are there in MA?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer at the same time

Interviewed at Legal Sea Foods

Interview Details – Easy online application

Food Runner Interview

Food Runner
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Legal Sea Foods in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was a fairly simple process. I dropped off a resume and filled out an application. I was called the next day to schedule an interview. I came in and only waited for a few minutes, my interview was with the GM who was very nice and was around in the restaurant often, so it was nice to have already become familiar with him.

Interview Question – What makes you the right candidate for this position? This was hard to answer as the job entailed carrying food, not rocket science.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation. It's a restaurant with hourly pay, you accept the job, or you don't.

Cook Interview

Cook
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Legal Sea Foods in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was hired pretty quickly because it seemed they were hiring aggressively. Was given a open answer personality test: how often are you late for work? Why did you choose this company? What are you goals? When is the last time you laughed etc... I was told that the questions and scoring of these questions were based on some of the most successful senior teams members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They offered an amount, I countered, we met in the middle.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Legal Sea Foods in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email roughly 1 week after application online to schedule a phone interview. This phone interview was a standard screening to obtain basic informations such as cities are you willing to work, preferred hours, willingness to travel or commute, etc. My application included both resume and reference contact information and I presume that my references were checked before this initial phone interview.

Next I was given a personality test over the phone that lasted roughly 1 hour. I was asked a variety of questions designed to reveal my management style and general temperment. It was made clear to me that there were no right or wrong answers. Examples included; how I would deal with common management situations, my opinion on the role of managers, dealing with difficult customers and employees, my strengths and weaknesses, what are my long and short term goals. I was also asked very vague questions notably, "When you are alone, what do you think about?" It was explained to me that the results of this test were used to pair management teams; matching similar types or affinities.

I was then interviewed in person by a regional manager. We discussed my resume and the job in great detail. I was able to ask any question and received good information.

The next step was called "a day in the life". I shadowed a manager and mingled with the crew during a busy shift. It was my opportunity to decide if I wanted to proceed.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions involved financial management and accounting procedures. They wanted to know how I would diagnose a financial problem and fix it.   Answer Question
  • You have a difficult customer causing a scene in the dining room. How do you resolve this? Should you attempt to placate this person with discounts and if so how do you determine the amount of this discount? can you picture circumstances where you would ask a customer to leave and if so describe your reasoning. If not, wh?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted an offer from different company.

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Legal Sea Foods in April 2010.

Interview Details – Employees are screened, then when a group of 3 or more are selected as candidates the group trains for a week, takes classes and a required to pass a server validation, 3 quizzes and 3 tests. If you do not fit in with the culture you will asked to leave. This is not disclosed other than the statement by the GM " Not everyone makes it through the training program" on the first day. As a result the servers don't really warm up to you until after you past the validation and work a few floor shifts.

Interview Questions

Worked for Legal Sea Foods? Contribute to the Community!