Legal & General Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.1

Manager Interview

Initial telephone interview, followed by a standard competency interview based around the company values along with generic questions. There is also normally group activity, psychometrics maths and english and either a presentation, roleplay or written exercise dependent on role.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Legal & General Group in January 2014.

Online numerical test, followed by first round interview. Following that there would be a second round interview from which they would make a decision. I was told that I had to wait 7-10 days for a response from the first round interview. I didn't hear back after 10 days and had to chase them up on this.

Interview Questions
    • How have you managed to work with difficult bosses in the past   Answer Question

Investment Management Interview Interview

one online test, invited to interview on site

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Legal & General Group in February 2013.

Structured competency based interview

ESG Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Legal & General Group in January 2013.

Two rounds with three managers, general questions on my background, justification of why I want the job, had to do an exercise of analysing a company on its ESG practices and had to present informally.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can do this job with no experience in finance.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate much, conditions were pretty much set.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Legal & General Group.

Initial technical interview - this involved being sent a question in advance and being asked to submit response before being invited for interview. Interview was like normal technical interview with scenario given and asked how would respond. Second stage interview was more about culture and fit.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see as the key regulatory issues facing the insurance industry in the UK in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Investment Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Legal & General Group in May 2012.

Some details about my phone interview with LGIM (third step after the application and online tests).
    The company said they have received 1400 online applications and shortlisted 120 people to interview.
    The phone interview was not quite different from my expectations, not extremely difficult.

After few minutes about my right of working in the UK and availability for the London area, some questions (actually, very similar to each other) about: why LGIM? Why not our competitors? Why this programme? Are you flexible to change your preference towards other areas of business (property, index fund, active equity)? What quality should you have to succeed in LGIM? Have you applied for other companies in investment industry?
    Then other few competency-based questions: What was your biggest achievement? Tell me about a time you had to change your attitude due to an unplanned situation? What’s the personal quality you would change? What are your passions? Any work experience?
    For some reasons, I am aware it wasn’t my best performance, therefore I was not surprised of the rejection letter...

LDI Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Legal & General Group in May 2011.

Positive and interesting

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hove, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hove, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Legal & General Group in October 2010.

Very Competency based, looking for particular key words to match the marketing criteria. 7 questions, asking varying information on key competencies and skills but all angled at 'what I did'. It would be very easy to create 'false' answers or situations in response to the questions but as long as they were satisfying the criteria they would be accepted as given.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to be flexible in order to complete a task.   Answer Question
    Through a recruiter who was told very clearly what the maximum salary available was. However on joining it was clear that there had been trouble finding the right employees for the role and this had delayed the implementation of their projects.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Legal & General Group in February 2009.

First a 1:1 interview with the line manager, which consisted of numerous questions on various asset classes. then a second round interview with senior management and the same line manager. Interview was tough. Staff are very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give us your views on where you think the economy is headed?   Answer Question