Legal & General Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Legal & General Group

Interview Details – Initial telephone interview, followed by a standard competency interview based around the company values along with generic questions. There is also normally group activity, psychometrics maths and english and either a presentation, roleplay or written exercise dependent on role.

Interview Question – Where would you want to be in 10 years   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Treasury Analyst
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at Legal & General Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Online numerical test, followed by first round interview. Following that there would be a second round interview from which they would make a decision. I was told that I had to wait 7-10 days for a response from the first round interview. I didn't hear back after 10 days and had to chase them up on this.

Interview Question – How have you managed to work with difficult bosses in the past   Answer Question

ESG Analyst Interview

ESG Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Legal & General Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds with three managers, general questions on my background, justification of why I want the job, had to do an exercise of analysing a company on its ESG practices and had to present informally.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can do this job with no experience in finance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate much, conditions were pretty much set.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Legal & General Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Structured competency based interview

Interview Question – All pretty typical competency questions   Answer Question

Investment Management Interview Interview

Investment Management Interview

Interviewed at Legal & General Group

Interview Details – one online test, invited to interview on site

Interview Question – maths questions   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Legal & General Group.

Interview Details – Initial technical interview - this involved being sent a question in advance and being asked to submit response before being invited for interview. Interview was like normal technical interview with scenario given and asked how would respond. Second stage interview was more about culture and fit.

Interview Question – What do you see as the key regulatory issues facing the insurance industry in the UK in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Investment Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Investment Management Graduate Scheme
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Legal & General Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Some details about my phone interview with LGIM (third step after the application and online tests).
The company said they have received 1400 online applications and shortlisted 120 people to interview.
The phone interview was not quite different from my expectations, not extremely difficult.

After few minutes about my right of working in the UK and availability for the London area, some questions (actually, very similar to each other) about: why LGIM? Why not our competitors? Why this programme? Are you flexible to change your preference towards other areas of business (property, index fund, active equity)? What quality should you have to succeed in LGIM? Have you applied for other companies in investment industry?
Then other few competency-based questions: What was your biggest achievement? Tell me about a time you had to change your attitude due to an unplanned situation? What’s the personal quality you would change? What are your passions? Any work experience?
For some reasons, I am aware it wasn’t my best performance, therefore I was not surprised of the rejection letter...

Interview Questions

LDI Interview

LDI

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Legal & General Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Positive and interesting

Interview Question – What attracts you to this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Brighton, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Legal & General Group in February 2008.

Interview Details – I went to the job agency and they offered me an position, when i had interview within 2 weeks. Getting all references was the longest proccess. I had 1:1 interview and i had to do some task on Word Excel.

Interview Question – Why do you desire to leave your current job
and also they wanted to know previous admin (office) experience
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ask as much as you can about the role, if you will like doing it and if you understood it properly

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Legal & General Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – First a 1:1 interview with the line manager, which consisted of numerous questions on various asset classes. then a second round interview with senior management and the same line manager. Interview was tough. Staff are very friendly.

Interview Question – Give us your views on where you think the economy is headed?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Legal & General Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Legal & General Group interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Legal & General Group employees and interview candidates.