LegalMatch Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

I interviewed online - interviewed at LegalMatch in November 2013.

Was one of the longest processes, but nice to have chatted with all management and owner. Unfortunately they do not fulfill what they promise as far as training, and support from vp. They also cheat you out of bonuses any way they can and charge existing employees for cancellations even if over 2 years. But very rare to stay there that long as their retention rate is a joke.

Interview Questions
    Very easy, and non negotiable.

Inside Sales - Membership Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at LegalMatch in February 2014.

The HR person was great, very nice and professional, interview process smooth, but they gave me an offer letter for a class that started in a different city and state. I turned down 2 jobs, because I have integrity and committed to the company. I arrived to work 15 minutes earlier than requested on the false date promised, no management was there and waited for 45 minutes to be told we made a mistake on location. We will start you in the next class in late may, by a member of senior sales management. "HR will reach out to you in a few weeks, once things are formalized." 3.5 weeks passed, I emailed and called, no response, so I called today, 4 weeks later and HR, who is always polite and professional, explained no new offer letter request had been submitted for me and suggested I contact that same member of senior sales management ,so I did. Below is the email. Draw your own conclusions... but I will say, I think they bring in minorities so they don't get sued and I do not feel the offer letter was genuine based on the information below.

Thanks for the note ____, however we have decided that we will not be extending you a new offer letter and we wish you the best with your future endeavors.
    From:
    Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 2:30 PM
    To:
    Cc:
    Subject: Re: Directions

Hi ,

I hope the email is finding you well. I have not received a new offer letter or a date for when the next training in Austin would be. I wanted to reach out for directions as you explained it would be in late May.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questioning, nothing difficult or challenging. They have you fill out an application and meet with 3 people on the same day.   Answer Question

Membership Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LegalMatch in August 2012.

Series of 4 different telephone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When interviewed by the Las Vegas National Director, who was also brand new at the time, he took a very different approach by actually trying to talk candidates out of taking the position to gain a stronger level of commitment from the ones hired.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not an option. The offer is what it is/ the same for everyone that is hired

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at LegalMatch in March 2012.

Legal Match called for a phone interview and since I was available then we did it right then. It took about 45 minutes, the hiring manager went over a bit about what the job entailed and discussed my resume. Typical interview questions.

The next week I went in for an in person interview. You need a car, there is no public transportation to Oyster Point. There are some food places in the Oyster Point office buildings and food trucks come by also. Anyway, I interviewed with the hiring manager and the general manager. It took about an hour and included a written question and answer - tell me why we should hire you. Hand written, so not so great for a person who needs to edit, like me.

The sales team is in Texas and sounds like there is a lot of churn and pressure there. I didn't see that as much in the So. SF office.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 6 days - interviewed at LegalMatch in August 2010.

Had a five minute phone interview where they asked me my sales style, how I close and what I think the function of sales is in an organization. Without asking any questions about my experience or job history they brought me in for 2 interviews, each with a Regional Director (Inside Sales Manager). They asked me about my job history and told me flat out that many people don't succeed there and that they have alot of turnover. They told me the position pays a base of $30K with bonuses beginning after you reach monthly sales of $20K. One of the managers showed me her top 5 performers from July; the top performer sold 48K worth of memberships while the fifth barely made quota a $t22K. If that is what the 5th best salesman made, what about the other 20 in the office...

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LegalMatch in September 2009.

Typical HR phone interview by an HR person. This was sales job, so they'll ask you to describe your sales process, your past experience (close ratio) and the old cliche questions: why do you want to work here.

After the phone interview, you will set up with the hiring manger. The hiring manger does 99% of the talking, it's more of a sales pitch than an actual interview. I was in there for two hours and I spoke less than 2 minutes.

After that interview you will be interviewed by the VP in Austin. That interview will last less than 3 minutes. It's more of a get to know interview.

The reason the interview process was so easy is the turn over rate at the company is so high, that they'll pretty much take anyone. This is more of tele-marketing job than an actual sales job. That is why they have a high turnover rate and an easy interview process.

If you're sure you want to work there here are some tips:

-Be sure to mention that you have a consultative sales approach, you're non-aggressive but get results. They've had so very bad PR in the past about hiring pushy sales people, so they want to make sure you're not going to be the annoying pushy sales. This is pretty much the only requirement to hiring you.

-Come across as very sincere in the interview, both the HR person and the hiring manager respond very well to that type, so sell them with you sincerity as oppressed how well you can close.

-Dress up for the interview but don't go overboard, exp: a simple shirt and tie. Jeans and a t-shirt is the non-official company wardrobe but they do want to see that you've made an effort for the interview. However, you don't want to seem out of place, so go business casual.

Interview Questions
    You really can't negotiate for this position. They have a one size fits all base, commission and bonus structure. 30k base, about 5% commission (once you sell 15k within the month) and 5% on the down payment.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at LegalMatch in June 2009.

Interviewed in person, met with 3 people, called me 3 hours after the interview to hire me.

no negotiating

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at LegalMatch in February 2010.

They ask very basic interview questions that were not specific to the sales function.

Interview Questions

Worked for LegalMatch? Contribute to the Community!