LegalZoom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.8

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LegalZoom (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

One month passed after applying before I got an email offering an initial telephone screening. The recruiter I was talking to seemed rather uninterested from the get-go, and sounded like she had been through the same phone call a thousand times. It was a basic get-to-know-you interview. Towards the end she was talking at the speed of light about the position, who I'd be working with, salary structure...basically covered every single aspect of the job in a concise pitch. Although I usually always have questions; when asked if I had any further questions, I told her that she had covered everything very well and at the time she had answered all my questions. A possible fault on my part, but there really was nothing more to discuss that she hadn't clearly explained already. A day later I received a rejection email. Overall: I wish the recruiter had treated me more like an individual rather than just another call to get through.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LegalZoom.

Interview

Laid back, conversational. LegalZoom wants to know you as a person, how you will react, who you are is as important as what you've done. Don't be fooled by the casual atmosphere, however, LegalZoom is staffed with some of the sharpest people you'll meet and they ask hard questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve this [specific problem] right now?   Answer Question

Document Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LegalZoom.

Interview

I met with three supervisors through a temp agency and I also took a computerized test. I got a tour of the office when it was located in Hollywood, CA. Interviews were pretty easy since the company was very young at that time so it was more of them explaining what they do versus being asked about myself.

Accounting Assistant (Temp) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LegalZoom.

Interview

I was sick through the original scheduled phone interview so I was set up to talk to the hiring manager two weeks after. The interview went very smoothly not much unexpected questions, basically she wants to know how well I know about the company and how much my desired salary was.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Went through a temp agency first then talked to one Sr Manager. He asked how many phone calls I could make per hour and also if I had any previous sales experience. You can only get hired directly by a referral. W

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available

Sales Interview

Interview

Usually 1 day... just dont mess it up... the job is yours to lose that is what the temp recruiter told me about this company. Usually 1 day... just dont mess it up... the job is yours to lose that is what the temp recruiter told me about this company.

Interview Questions

• Asked what the benefits of working here are....   1 Answer

Negotiation

there isn't one, take the low paying job if you are desperate.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LegalZoom (Glendale, CA).

Interview

After the on-line application, I waited for about 4 months to receive the phone call from the HR for the on-site interview. HR sent me the Excel test link. I met the several managers. One of manager was not friendly because I guess he did not like my qualification. No feedback from HR.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LegalZoom (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

the background proicess took so long i missed the training class. Mgt never reached out to me in 3/12 weeks. I quit my job for nothing . their verifiers are based out of the philipines. I literally gave my info to someone in the philipines. I would never reccomend applying there unless you are desperate

Office Services Interview

Interview

Arduous personal background check. Had to go to Notary 3 times since HR didn't know how govt. forms should be filled out and each worker in HR had a different idea on how to accomplish the task. My folder has 3 W9 forms.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it

Director of Data Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LegalZoom (Glendale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very apparent during the interview that the people at Legalzoom do not know what they are looking for. They are a MSFT shop that needs to move to a more advanced platform (Oracle, Nettezza, etc.) When ever I provided a solution they were taking notes and very soon I was under the impression they were picking my brain for information rather than conducting a serious interview. Later I found out that I was participating in the fourth round of interviews. Apparently that already interviewed over 40 people (fourth round of interviewees) and never made an offer. Do not take this client seriously. They are simply picking your brain for information and have no intention of hiring you.

Interview Questions

• How do you expand an existing Microsoft infrastructure to support going forward a 20TB+ Data Warehouse.   1 Answer