LegalZoom.com

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.8

Sales Interview

Usually 1 day... just dont mess it up... the job is yours to lose that is what the temp recruiter told me about this company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what the benefits of working here are....   View Answer
    there isn't one, take the low paying job if you are desperate.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at LegalZoom.com.

After the on-line application, I waited for about 4 months to receive the phone call from the HR for the on-site interview. HR sent me the Excel test link. I met the several managers. One of manager was not friendly because I guess he did not like my qualification. No feedback from HR.

Office Services Interview

Arduous personal background check. Had to go to Notary 3 times since HR didn't know how govt. forms should be filled out and each worker in HR had a different idea on how to accomplish the task. My folder has 3 W9 forms.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it

Director of Data Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at LegalZoom.com in May 2014.

It was very apparent during the interview that the people at Legalzoom do not know what they are looking for. They are a MSFT shop that needs to move to a more advanced platform (Oracle, Nettezza, etc.) When ever I provided a solution they were taking notes and very soon I was under the impression they were picking my brain for information rather than conducting a serious interview. Later I found out that I was participating in the fourth round of interviews. Apparently that already interviewed over 40 people (fourth round of interviewees) and never made an offer. Do not take this client seriously. They are simply picking your brain for information and have no intention of hiring you.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expand an existing Microsoft infrastructure to support going forward a 20TB+ Data Warehouse.   View Answer

Director of Data Warehouse Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LegalZoom.com in May 2014.

First spoke with the HR person then with two engineers over the phone. Got invited for an in-house interview. Spoke with 4 developers and a product manager. Did not have a chance to meet any senior leadership like a VP or a Sr. Director. Whole interview took 3 hours and was quite intense. The overall feeling: either they are picking your brains on how to tweak their MS db engine into a normal EDW or to report that they exhausted all local candidates so that they can bring someone they really want on an H1 visa from overseas. No managerial or leadership style questions. I agree with the other candidate: something does not look right here.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple data architecture questions including data model for a retail/order fulfilling system.   View Answer

Business Customer Care Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LegalZoom.com.

Was hired through a placement agency. Was told to be expected to go from temp worker to permanent hire within 3 months. Ended up actually being a year before LZ made me permanent. (My placement agency had no idea why it took so long, especially since my employee evaluations were excellent. Possibly it was because the company was spending a lot of money on the new Austin location and new Glendale relocation. Hopefully that is no longer the case.)

Interview Questions
    • Your typical interview questions. Such as "Describe a situation when you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question
    What was weird was that I had a great interview but was initially not offered a position through my placement agency. Then 3 months later, I got a call back that LZ did want me after all. The few people who were hired over me in the first round of interviews actually ended up being let go a few months later, so I'm not sure why they made the cut first over me.

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at LegalZoom.com in April 2014.

Received an email for a phone screen. Spoke to the recruiter on April 17th. Seems the interview was one sided where I asked most of the questions. The only question the recruiter asked is what do I know about the company. No feedback after I sent weekly reminders.

BCS Customer Care Specialist - Tier II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at LegalZoom.com.

The process took a bit over a month which consist of testing, one screening with the recruiter, two phone interviews and one face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • All of my interviews were more of a conversation rather than difficult questions. Each persona I spoke with was very nice.   View Answer
    Since I went through an agency, I was aware of the pay and role requirements ahead of time.

Document Preparation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at LegalZoom.com in December 2011.

I was contacted within one day to setup a telephone interview for later that day. During the telephone interview I was told that my resume would be passed on to the manager of the department and if I qualified I would then have a 1:1 interview. The next day I was contacted for a formal interview. I had two interviews back-to-back. The process was the usual.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LegalZoom.com in September 2011.

Strangest interview I've ever had. The hiring manager interviewed me for over an hour and I only got out a few sentences. She talked almost the whole time about what a horrible place it had become to work and how frustrating and incompetent here directors, VPs and other manager were.
    Being unemployed, I took the job. She was absolutely right. What a nightmare of a work environment with incompetent and uncaring Directors an VP level managers.

I gave a salary range and explained that at the low end I would expect options and a bonus. The offered below my low end wit no options. I laughed and they came back with a token number of options and a bonus plan. After getting the offer letter, no bonus was mentioned. I was told that the bonus could not be put in writing.