LegalZoom.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Data Warehouse Interview

Director of Data Warehouse
Glendale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at LegalZoom.com in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was very apparent during the interview that the people at Legalzoom do not know what they are looking for. They are a MSFT shop that needs to move to a more advanced platform (Oracle, Nettezza, etc.) When ever I provided a solution they were taking notes and very soon I was under the impression they were picking my brain for information rather than conducting a serious interview. Later I found out that I was participating in the fourth round of interviews. Apparently that already interviewed over 40 people (fourth round of interviewees) and never made an offer. Do not take this client seriously. They are simply picking your brain for information and have no intention of hiring you.

Interview Question – How do you expand an existing Microsoft infrastructure to support going forward a 20TB+ Data Warehouse.   View Answer

Director of Data Warehouse Interview Interview

Director of Data Warehouse Interview
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LegalZoom.com in May 2014.

Interview Details – First spoke with the HR person then with two engineers over the phone. Got invited for an in-house interview. Spoke with 4 developers and a product manager. Did not have a chance to meet any senior leadership like a VP or a Sr. Director. Whole interview took 3 hours and was quite intense. The overall feeling: either they are picking your brains on how to tweak their MS db engine into a normal EDW or to report that they exhausted all local candidates so that they can bring someone they really want on an H1 visa from overseas. No managerial or leadership style questions. I agree with the other candidate: something does not look right here.

Interview Question – Multiple data architecture questions including data model for a retail/order fulfilling system.   View Answer

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Desktop Support Technician
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LegalZoom.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – Received an email for a phone screen. Spoke to the recruiter on April 17th. Seems the interview was one sided where I asked most of the questions. The only question the recruiter asked is what do I know about the company. No feedback after I sent weekly reminders.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Business Customer Care Interview

Business Customer Care

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LegalZoom.com.

Interview Details – Was hired through a placement agency. Was told to be expected to go from temp worker to permanent hire within 3 months. Ended up actually being a year before LZ made me permanent. (My placement agency had no idea why it took so long, especially since my employee evaluations were excellent. Possibly it was because the company was spending a lot of money on the new Austin location and new Glendale relocation. Hopefully that is no longer the case.)

Interview Question – Your typical interview questions. Such as "Describe a situation when you went above and beyond for a customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What was weird was that I had a great interview but was initially not offered a position through my placement agency. Then 3 months later, I got a call back that LZ did want me after all. The few people who were hired over me in the first round of interviews actually ended up being let go a few months later, so I'm not sure why they made the cut first over me.

BCS Customer Care Specialist - Tier II Interview

BCS Customer Care Specialist - Tier II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LegalZoom.com.

Interview Details – The process took a bit over a month which consist of testing, one screening with the recruiter, two phone interviews and one face to face interview.

Interview Question – All of my interviews were more of a conversation rather than difficult questions. Each persona I spoke with was very nice.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I went through an agency, I was aware of the pay and role requirements ahead of time.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Customer Support Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LegalZoom.com in September 2011.

Interview Details – Strangest interview I've ever had. The hiring manager interviewed me for over an hour and I only got out a few sentences. She talked almost the whole time about what a horrible place it had become to work and how frustrating and incompetent here directors, VPs and other manager were.
Being unemployed, I took the job. She was absolutely right. What a nightmare of a work environment with incompetent and uncaring Directors an VP level managers.

Negotiation Details – I gave a salary range and explained that at the low end I would expect options and a bonus. The offered below my low end wit no options. I laughed and they came back with a token number of options and a bonus plan. After getting the offer letter, no bonus was mentioned. I was told that the bonus could not be put in writing.

Business Customer Care Interview

Business Customer Care
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at LegalZoom.com in November 2010.

Interview Details – Received word through my staffing agency that they needed to interview some people for a customer service job. Was told that I'd speak with at least three people, then take an English proficiency exam. Interviewed with one manager and then was told to take the exam: ultimately I thought I had failed the interview. As it turns out they liked me off the bat and didn't want to waste any more time seeing if they liked me or not.

Negotiation Details – I went through a staffing agency, so all financial matters were handled through them.

Legal Document Preparation Specialist Interview

Legal Document Preparation Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at LegalZoom.com in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had multiple interviews and had to take 2 grammar tests.

Interview Question – The tests were the most challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Same old thing.

Document Preparation Interview

Document Preparation
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LegalZoom.com in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted within one day to setup a telephone interview for later that day. During the telephone interview I was told that my resume would be passed on to the manager of the department and if I qualified I would then have a 1:1 interview. The next day I was contacted for a formal interview. I had two interviews back-to-back. The process was the usual.

Interview Question – What was your last manager like as a leader?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Document Specialist Interview

Document Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at LegalZoom.com in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got called from a staffing agency after applying online. I was called the next day by a staffing recruiter and she asked me some general questions about my work experience. A few days later she called me back and set me up with a interview. The interview with legalzoom consisted of 3 managers and a skill test. Everyone was very friendly and informative about the company. All of my questions were answered. The a couple of days later I was offered the position. The interview questions were all pretty general interview questions and they were very up front with the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for LegalZoom.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LegalZoom.com interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by LegalZoom.com employees and interview candidates.