Legg Mason

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Legg Mason in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted Resume and within 2 days I was contacted for a phone interview, followed by two 1-on-1 interviews and finally a group interview.

Interview Question – What skill do you feel you possess that allows you to work with people from different backgrounds?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Legg Mason in July 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly Benigng

Interview Question – What do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was fair - no negotiation.

Investor Relations Interview

Investor Relations
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Legg Mason in March 2008.

Interview Details – Preliminary interview with HR associate, then AVP of group, then Supervisor. Position was entry-level, so questions were very general - more catered to explaining function of group. Environment was somewhat casual - no ties - and some employees were lightly socialising at others' cubicles. Position was also described as having a high turnover rate, which was a bit off-setting.

Interview Question – None (see above - interview was for entry-level position). Supervisor went over some client-service based scenarios to provide picture of day-to-day experience.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied through other source and interviewed at Legg Mason.

Interview Details – First round was a phone hookup where 3 people asked me mainly investment related questions. I passed that and was invited to fly down to their office.
In the 2nd round I was asked to prepare a case study (selected by them) in advance and do a presentation. They let me finished the presentation uninterrupted and then started firing questions at me. Once that was over they left the room and invited other members of the team to interview me. Another 3 senior members came in and ask investment related Q's.

Interview Question – Where do you see growth in this company to come from? What is the best way for this company to fund its growth?   Answer Question

Worked for Legg Mason? Contribute to the Community!