Leggett & Platt

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Talent Acquisition Interview

Talent Acquisition

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview Details – Apply online through an applicant tracking system. Resume is very important since that is your first opportunity to be noticed. If they are interested, they will request more information or a Career History Form. Next will be a phone interview (about an hour). The top 2-3 candidates will get a 1:1 interview (2-3 hours). Finally, reference checks, drug screen. Don't be afraid to call the Talent Advisor and inquire about your status or the process. They can be very helpful.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't be afraid to negotiate. Don't ask for the moon and back up your request. They want to be able to pay you the best salary they can offer you out of the gate.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Carthage, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in April 2013.

Interview Details – I met my boss at a job fair for my university. 2 days after, he emailed me the open position and urged me to apply online. There was an online application, then once I submitted that there was a questionnaire with open-ended questions I had to fill out and submit. Then I had a conference phone interview (which included my boss and a talent advisor from HR). After that, I was invited to come on campus for an in-person interview. The in-person interview lasted about 3 hours and included a tour of Corporate with the two people I phone-interviewed with. I was also interviewed panel-style during this time where I had to answer questions for around 10 managers in the department and then had a separate interview with my boss and another manager I'd be working closely with. After that, I waited about a week and a half and received the job offer. I had to electronically sign the offer to accept and then my initial paperwork was emailed to me to sign electronically. I got to choose my start date.

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Carthage, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview Details – The whole interview processes took about 4 weeks. The HR called for a Phone interview first and I went to their company for the onsite interview a week later with one HR, two people from auditing department and VP. After two weeks of my onsite interview, they email me I didn't go to the final list.

Interview Question – No, they just go through your resume and ask some basic questions.   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Controls Engineer
Port St Lucie, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in March 2011.

Interview Details – We had a Phone interview before hand. They then set up a 1-1 interview at the Fl office. Since I was i Fl at the time, they rented out a car and asked if I could drive down. There were 3 other candidates applying for the same job. Had a general meeting with the team and manager.
Then sat down for a 2-hr extensive interview that involved an electrical test. Then had a wal-around of the facility.

Interview Question – Electrical Design test. Involved a lot of motor rating calculations and electrical theory   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Controls Systems Engineer Interview

Controls Systems Engineer
Carthage, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in May 2011.

Interview Details – They met with me. They already know me from working on projects from them.

Interview Question – Can I climb a ladder?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They interviewed me 1 on 1 and hired me the next day. Great people and they have a great personality.

Local Driver Interview

Local Driver
Carthage, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in May 2010.

Interview Details – If you are a non American you stand a better chance to be hired here than you do if you are a White American citizen.

Interview Question – Why does management stick together and over look over 20 complaints about another member of management?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – You are a number here and they look at Company profit over the health and safety of the employees.

Regional Sales Trainer Interview

Regional Sales Trainer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in June 2010.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews
Panel interview in LA

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, they told me my salary
Got company car and expense account

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Tupelo, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in October 2013.

Interview Details – They sent an email saying they were interested and then scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Question – They were the standard interview questions about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in March 2013.

Interview Details – Just 1 interview. Hired on the spot because they have such a turn around they are desperate to get people.

Negotiation Details – Gave me whatever I wanted

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in January 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted the resume for posting on the internet. Got a call from HR generalist for basic questions. Then scheduled for 1st round of interview with a couple of managers. After that one, got called for a second round with the director of engineering. After about 2 weeks got a call and offered the job.

Interview Question – Did not have any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They offer a 3 month probation as it was a new position. But did give credit for the time works when converted to full time.

Worked for Leggett & Platt? Contribute to the Community!