Leggett & Platt Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Tupelo, MS) in October 2013.

Interview

They sent an email saying they were interested and then scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They were the standard interview questions about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in June 2010.

Interview

2 Phone interviews
    Panel interview in LA

Negotiation

There wasn't one, they told me my salary
    Got company car and expense account

Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Port St Lucie, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

We had a Phone interview before hand. They then set up a 1-1 interview at the Fl office. Since I was i Fl at the time, they rented out a car and asked if I could drive down. There were 3 other candidates applying for the same job. Had a general meeting with the team and manager.
    Then sat down for a 2-hr extensive interview that involved an electrical test. Then had a wal-around of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Electrical Design test. Involved a lot of motor rating calculations and electrical theory   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

I met my boss at a job fair for my university. 2 days after, he emailed me the open position and urged me to apply online. There was an online application, then once I submitted that there was a questionnaire with open-ended questions I had to fill out and submit. Then I had a conference phone interview (which included my boss and a talent advisor from HR). After that, I was invited to come on campus for an in-person interview. The in-person interview lasted about 3 hours and included a tour of Corporate with the two people I phone-interviewed with. I was also interviewed panel-style during this time where I had to answer questions for around 10 managers in the department and then had a separate interview with my boss and another manager I'd be working closely with. After that, I waited about a week and a half and received the job offer. I had to electronically sign the offer to accept and then my initial paperwork was emailed to me to sign electronically. I got to choose my start date.

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO).

Interview

The whole interview processes took about 4 weeks. The HR called for a Phone interview first and I went to their company for the onsite interview a week later with one HR, two people from auditing department and VP. After two weeks of my onsite interview, they email me I didn't go to the final list.

Interview Questions

• No, they just go through your resume and ask some basic questions.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

Apply online through an applicant tracking system. Resume is very important since that is your first opportunity to be noticed. If they are interested, they will request more information or a Career History Form. Next will be a phone interview (about an hour). The top 2-3 candidates will get a 1:1 interview (2-3 hours). Finally, reference checks, drug screen. Don't be afraid to call the Talent Advisor and inquire about your status or the process. They can be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate. Don't ask for the moon and back up your request. They want to be able to pay you the best salary they can offer you out of the gate.

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I first had a phone interview and then few days later was called for a second interview. The second interview was two weeks later. That interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told at the end of the interview I would receive an email to attach my references to. I never received that email. I was called a week later and told they gave the job to someone else.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my previous positions and how they compared to the internal auditor position.   Answer Question

Local Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

If you are a non American you stand a better chance to be hired here than you do if you are a White American citizen.

Interview Questions

• Why does management stick together and over look over 20 complaints about another member of management?   Answer Question

You are a number here and they look at Company profit over the health and safety of the employees.

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in December 2009.

Interview

I went in talked to the person who was going to be my manger, the head of human resources, the head of OSHA for our plant. I had to watch safey viedos and a few other ones and fill out Q&A papers that related the what i had watched i was taken around the plant inside and out showed where i would be working if i was hired. i talked to the head of human reasources and went threw the rules and what was expected of me as an employee. Everyone was very nice and helpfull.

Setup Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in August 2010.

Interview

i filled out app they called had interview took drug test then started

Interview Questions

• asked if i knw what certain tools were   1 Answer
    • asked if i was available for any shift   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing