Leggett & Platt

10 candidate interviews

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Tupelo, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in October 2013.

Interview Details – They sent an email saying they were interested and then scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Question – They were the standard interview questions about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Trainer Interview

Regional Sales Trainer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in June 2010.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews
Panel interview in LA

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, they told me my salary
Got company car and expense account

Controls Engineer Interview

Controls Engineer
Port St Lucie, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in March 2011.

Interview Details – We had a Phone interview before hand. They then set up a 1-1 interview at the Fl office. Since I was i Fl at the time, they rented out a car and asked if I could drive down. There were 3 other candidates applying for the same job. Had a general meeting with the team and manager.
Then sat down for a 2-hr extensive interview that involved an electrical test. Then had a wal-around of the facility.

Interview Question – Electrical Design test. Involved a lot of motor rating calculations and electrical theory   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Carthage, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview Details – The whole interview processes took about 4 weeks. The HR called for a Phone interview first and I went to their company for the onsite interview a week later with one HR, two people from auditing department and VP. After two weeks of my onsite interview, they email me I didn't go to the final list.

Interview Question – No, they just go through your resume and ask some basic questions.   Answer Question

Local Driver Interview

Local Driver
Carthage, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in May 2010.

Interview Details – If you are a non American you stand a better chance to be hired here than you do if you are a White American citizen.

Interview Question – Why does management stick together and over look over 20 complaints about another member of management?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – You are a number here and they look at Company profit over the health and safety of the employees.

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in December 2009.

Interview Details – I went in talked to the person who was going to be my manger, the head of human resources, the head of OSHA for our plant. I had to watch safey viedos and a few other ones and fill out Q&A papers that related the what i had watched i was taken around the plant inside and out showed where i would be working if i was hired. i talked to the head of human reasources and went threw the rules and what was expected of me as an employee. Everyone was very nice and helpfull.

Setup Interview

Setup

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in August 2010.

Interview Details – i filled out app they called had interview took drug test then started

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – nothing

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in January 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted the resume for posting on the internet. Got a call from HR generalist for basic questions. Then scheduled for 1st round of interview with a couple of managers. After that one, got called for a second round with the director of engineering. After about 2 weeks got a call and offered the job.

Interview Question – Did not have any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They offer a 3 month probation as it was a new position. But did give credit for the time works when converted to full time.

Very Easy Interview

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in March 2013.

Interview Details – Just 1 interview. Hired on the spot because they have such a turn around they are desperate to get people.

Negotiation Details – Gave me whatever I wanted

Very Easy Interview

Controls Systems Engineer Interview

Controls Systems Engineer
Carthage, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Leggett & Platt in May 2011.

Interview Details – They met with me. They already know me from working on projects from them.

Interview Question – Can I climb a ladder?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They interviewed me 1 on 1 and hired me the next day. Great people and they have a great personality.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Leggett & Platt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Leggett & Platt interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Leggett & Platt employees and interview candidates.