Leggett & Platt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in March 2013.

Just 1 interview. Hired on the spot because they have such a turn around they are desperate to get people.

Gave me whatever I wanted

Controls Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in May 2011.

They met with me. They already know me from working on projects from them.

Interview Questions
    They interviewed me 1 on 1 and hired me the next day. Great people and they have a great personality.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt.

The whole interview processes took about 4 weeks. The HR called for a Phone interview first and I went to their company for the onsite interview a week later with one HR, two people from auditing department and VP. After two weeks of my onsite interview, they email me I didn't go to the final list.

Interview Questions
    • No, they just go through your resume and ask some basic questions.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Apply online through an applicant tracking system. Resume is very important since that is your first opportunity to be noticed. If they are interested, they will request more information or a Career History Form. Next will be a phone interview (about an hour). The top 2-3 candidates will get a 1:1 interview (2-3 hours). Finally, reference checks, drug screen. Don't be afraid to call the Talent Advisor and inquire about your status or the process. They can be very helpful.

Interview Questions
    Don't be afraid to negotiate. Don't ask for the moon and back up your request. They want to be able to pay you the best salary they can offer you out of the gate.

Machine Operator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in December 2009.

I went in talked to the person who was going to be my manger, the head of human resources, the head of OSHA for our plant. I had to watch safey viedos and a few other ones and fill out Q&A papers that related the what i had watched i was taken around the plant inside and out showed where i would be working if i was hired. i talked to the head of human reasources and went threw the rules and what was expected of me as an employee. Everyone was very nice and helpfull.

Setup Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in August 2010.

i filled out app they called had interview took drug test then started

nothing

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in January 2009.

Submitted the resume for posting on the internet. Got a call from HR generalist for basic questions. Then scheduled for 1st round of interview with a couple of managers. After that one, got called for a second round with the director of engineering. After about 2 weeks got a call and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. They offer a 3 month probation as it was a new position. But did give credit for the time works when converted to full time.

Local Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in May 2010.

If you are a non American you stand a better chance to be hired here than you do if you are a White American citizen.

Interview Questions
    • Why does management stick together and over look over 20 complaints about another member of management?   Answer Question

You are a number here and they look at Company profit over the health and safety of the employees.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in October 2013.

They sent an email saying they were interested and then scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were the standard interview questions about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in June 2010.

2 Phone interviews
    Panel interview in LA

There wasn't one, they told me my salary
    Got company car and expense account