Lego Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lego Group (Troy, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called the next day and set up an interview. Went in to the store and had to fill out an application even though I already did online. Got taken to the food court of the mall by the assistant manager with one other interviewee, however they didn't tell me it was a group interview. Interview was very easy and straightforward, exactly what you'd expect applying for any retail store. If you have any social skills whatsoever you should nail this interview. Group interviews are extremely awkward so I was a little turned off by this.

LEGO Club Consumer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lego Group.

Interview

i applied during high season. Currently part time. Great company honestly. Being there for just a short time I've met people who have positions by working there way up. The people on the phone are great. The worst thing can be an customer bring mad about cancelled order. That's all! I mean come on free food here and there is, and building lego while working. Pretty rad to me

Interview Questions

• why do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Took about a week for a call. Waiting a whole 3 weeks to start.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lego Group (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I had an informal interview with the store manager. I played 'phone-tag' with him over the process of a couple of days, as he was apparently very busy in the store. When I spoke with him, he asked me about my experience: where I had worked, how many years experience I had, number of employees I had supervised. He spoke a bit about the store and how it ran. He said the next step was an interview with the district manager, and that he would follow up with me to set up the interview. I called back after a few days, and he thanked me for following up, but said they had decided to promote someone from within the company instead of hiring outside for the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lego Group (West Hartford, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

It was like a walk-in interview. I came in and they asked me basically about what's my favorite thing about customer service, and a couple of other things I don't remember. It was pretty chill and laid back basically and they ask you what your favorite lego set is.

Interview Questions

• What's the best experience you've had with customer service?   Answer Question

Interview

Phone Interview, two-three on-site interviews

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lego Group (Harrisburg, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for this position through Lego's website and received a phone call several days later offering an interview the next week. The interview was very easy, with no real difficult questions. The only real inconvenience in the process was that I had to wait a very long time (about 3 weeks) before hearing the final decision on whether I had gotten the job.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lego Group (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I knew the manager previously. Most of the questions had to deal with how to manage and train associates. Questions also delved into how I would handle certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would you focus on when training a new associate for our store?   Answer Question

Supervisor/Visual Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lego Group (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

I had one phone interview and one face to face interview. Very normal interview... same as any other retail job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lego Group.

Interview

It was job fair style - the usual questions done as a quick one on one with a district manager, and then a group interview of 3 prospective employees with manager and assistant. Just be perky and happy - it's a children's store. They want to hear that you're good with kids and that you love selling. POSITIVE ATTITUDE! TEAM PLAYER! all that stuff.

This job totally sucked. Not worth it unless you're like my co-workers who spent more than their entire paycheck buying lego. one perk is 25% off all lego and 2 or 4 times a year 50% off for employees. that's about as much as they'll care about you though.

Interview Questions

• describe your personality in one word. Answer this quickly. the guy next the me took almost a minute to come up with 'spontaneous' which was pretty much a bitter joke. He didnt get the job. I answered something like 'bubbly'. They adores this response, smiles all around.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations - you either accept their terms or find another job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lego Group (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

My interview was for the brick specialist position in a new retail store. Lego had a hiring fair outside its store location. First, they had us fill out the application and then they interviewed us on-site. The interview itself was very informal. There were two interviewers that were from other stores, and asked many situational and experience questions that focused on customer service and working with others. You will be called back for a 2nd interview if you made it past the first group one.

Interview Questions

• Have you every worked with someone you did not get along with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question