Lego Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor/Visual Expert Interview

Supervisor/Visual Expert
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lego Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview and one face to face interview. Very normal interview... same as any other retail job.

Mold Mechanic Interview

Mold Mechanic
Enfield, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lego Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired through a want ad in the newspaper, the toughest question I was asked is why should I get the job.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you.   View Answer

Interview Question – How can you think vertically?   Answer Question

Brick Specialist Interview

Brick Specialist
Harrisburg, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lego Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this position through Lego's website and received a phone call several days later offering an interview the next week. The interview was very easy, with no real difficult questions. The only real inconvenience in the process was that I had to wait a very long time (about 3 weeks) before hearing the final decision on whether I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – Tell us about your sales experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lego Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted online application. Got a call about three days later and had an on the spot phone interview. Was invited in for an in person interview and ended up being there for four hours. There were multiple tests that were given like typing tests, math skills, and english tests. After the interview, I was contacted and offered the job via telephone.

Interview Question – What would you say to a mother who felt LEGO didn't offer enough for girls?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For this specific position, no negotiation is even accepted. They tell you about the salary and attendance requirements and present a "take it or leave it" kind of deal

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Lego Group.

Interview Details – It was job fair style - the usual questions done as a quick one on one with a district manager, and then a group interview of 3 prospective employees with manager and assistant. Just be perky and happy - it's a children's store. They want to hear that you're good with kids and that you love selling. POSITIVE ATTITUDE! TEAM PLAYER! all that stuff.

This job totally sucked. Not worth it unless you're like my co-workers who spent more than their entire paycheck buying lego. one perk is 25% off all lego and 2 or 4 times a year 50% off for employees. that's about as much as they'll care about you though.

Interview Question – describe your personality in one word. Answer this quickly. the guy next the me took almost a minute to come up with 'spontaneous' which was pretty much a bitter joke. He didnt get the job. I answered something like 'bubbly'. They adores this response, smiles all around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations - you either accept their terms or find another job.

Brick Specialist Interview

Brick Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lego Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was for the brick specialist position in a new retail store. Lego had a hiring fair outside its store location. First, they had us fill out the application and then they interviewed us on-site. The interview itself was very informal. There were two interviewers that were from other stores, and asked many situational and experience questions that focused on customer service and working with others. You will be called back for a 2nd interview if you made it past the first group one.

Interview Question – Have you every worked with someone you did not get along with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lego Group in June 2009.

Interview Details – im not really sure why i didnt get offered a position at this Lego kid's toy store. I apllied online with my resume. A few days later a really young guy calls me from his cell phone and schedules an interview. For a toy store they had some pretty wierd questions

Interview Question – What are the three most important words in your vocabulary right now?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lego Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, after about a week I was contacted and asked to take a test. The time limit was 30 minutes and I was asked to write two mails (one in English and one in my native language). Shortly after, a Skype interview was scheduled. Overall, I thought the interview went well. The person I spoke to was nice, the sound quality was fine too. I do not remember any surprising questions. It was all pretty much the same as it would be for any other similar position.

- What qualities do you think a customer service agent should have?
- Give us an example of when you went the extra mile.
- What do you like about our company?
- What do you think are the most common problems you would have to face?
- Do you have any questions?
... and so on.

One day later there was a short phone interview + role play over the phone. As for the role play: There was a customer who wanted to order a product but the problem was that the product was out of stock. I was supposed to inform the customer about that, inform them when the product was going to be in stock, apologize for any inconvenience and offer some other options that the customer could be interested in (or at least that is what I did). The person I talked to was (again) nice and easy to talk to.

Next day I was informed that they would like to invite me for an assessment day in the UK and that I would have to pay for the trip myself. Also, it was emphasized that there was no guarantee that I would be offer the job. Although I liked my chances, I decided that (as I am not from the UK) the time and money I would have to give up just to go there was not worth it. Therefore, if you are not from the UK, take this into account when applying for this position.

All in all, I thought that the whole process went well and there is not much to complain about BUT

1) I am of the opinion that applicants should be informed about the whole process as soon as possible (ideally even before they send their applications). The whole process takes a great deal of time and so does going to the UK just for an interview (not to mention money).

2) LEGO asks applicants to send them a cover letter, to take a test, to go through a Skype interview plus a role play interview and THEN they ask you to attend an assessment day that takes about 3 hours. I am sure that LEGO has their reasons but to me it seems like a bit of an overkill, so to speak.

Human Resources Partner Interview

Human Resources Partner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lego Group.

Interview Details – The interview process was pleasant and professional, consisting of one telephone interview, an online interview and on-site interview. There was a good atmosphere and questions very much related to mindset.

Interview Question – This wasn't very difficult questions, but it fast became very obvious that LEGO Company put much attention to find out if I fit with the company culture and have the right mindset   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lego Group

Worked for Lego Group? Contribute to the Community!