Lego Group Interview Questions

2.9

Supervisor/Visual Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lego Group in February 2013.

I had one phone interview and one face to face interview. Very normal interview... same as any other retail job.

Mold Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lego Group in January 2010.

I was hired through a want ad in the newspaper, the toughest question I was asked is why should I get the job.

none , really

In-Store Coordinator Interview

Phone Interview, two-three on-site interviews

Brick Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lego Group in September 2013.

I applied for this position through Lego's website and received a phone call several days later offering an interview the next week. The interview was very easy, with no real difficult questions. The only real inconvenience in the process was that I had to wait a very long time (about 3 weeks) before hearing the final decision on whether I had gotten the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lego Group in August 2011.

Submitted online application. Got a call about three days later and had an on the spot phone interview. Was invited in for an in person interview and ended up being there for four hours. There were multiple tests that were given like typing tests, math skills, and english tests. After the interview, I was contacted and offered the job via telephone.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a mother who felt LEGO didn't offer enough for girls?   Answer Question
    For this specific position, no negotiation is even accepted. They tell you about the salary and attendance requirements and present a "take it or leave it" kind of deal

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Lego Group.

It was job fair style - the usual questions done as a quick one on one with a district manager, and then a group interview of 3 prospective employees with manager and assistant. Just be perky and happy - it's a children's store. They want to hear that you're good with kids and that you love selling. POSITIVE ATTITUDE! TEAM PLAYER! all that stuff.

This job totally sucked. Not worth it unless you're like my co-workers who spent more than their entire paycheck buying lego. one perk is 25% off all lego and 2 or 4 times a year 50% off for employees. that's about as much as they'll care about you though.

Interview Questions
    • describe your personality in one word. Answer this quickly. the guy next the me took almost a minute to come up with 'spontaneous' which was pretty much a bitter joke. He didnt get the job. I answered something like 'bubbly'. They adores this response, smiles all around.   Answer Question
    no negotiations - you either accept their terms or find another job.

Brick Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lego Group in September 2011.

My interview was for the brick specialist position in a new retail store. Lego had a hiring fair outside its store location. First, they had us fill out the application and then they interviewed us on-site. The interview itself was very informal. There were two interviewers that were from other stores, and asked many situational and experience questions that focused on customer service and working with others. You will be called back for a 2nd interview if you made it past the first group one.

Interview Questions
    • Have you every worked with someone you did not get along with? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lego Group in June 2009.

im not really sure why i didnt get offered a position at this Lego kid's toy store. I apllied online with my resume. A few days later a really young guy calls me from his cell phone and schedules an interview. For a toy store they had some pretty wierd questions

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important words in your vocabulary right now?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lego Group in June 2014.

I applied online, after about a week I was contacted and asked to take a test. The time limit was 30 minutes and I was asked to write two mails (one in English and one in my native language). Shortly after, a Skype interview was scheduled. Overall, I thought the interview went well. The person I spoke to was nice, the sound quality was fine too. I do not remember any surprising questions. It was all pretty much the same as it would be for any other similar position.

- What qualities do you think a customer service agent should have?
    - Give us an example of when you went the extra mile.
    - What do you like about our company?
    - What do you think are the most common problems you would have to face?
    - Do you have any questions?
    ... and so on.

One day later there was a short phone interview + role play over the phone. As for the role play: There was a customer who wanted to order a product but the problem was that the product was out of stock. I was supposed to inform the customer about that, inform them when the product was going to be in stock, apologize for any inconvenience and offer some other options that the customer could be interested in (or at least that is what I did). The person I talked to was (again) nice and easy to talk to.

Next day I was informed that they would like to invite me for an assessment day in the UK and that I would have to pay for the trip myself. Also, it was emphasized that there was no guarantee that I would be offer the job. Although I liked my chances, I decided that (as I am not from the UK) the time and money I would have to give up just to go there was not worth it. Therefore, if you are not from the UK, take this into account when applying for this position.

All in all, I thought that the whole process went well and there is not much to complain about BUT

1) I am of the opinion that applicants should be informed about the whole process as soon as possible (ideally even before they send their applications). The whole process takes a great deal of time and so does going to the UK just for an interview (not to mention money).

2) LEGO asks applicants to send them a cover letter, to take a test, to go through a Skype interview plus a role play interview and THEN they ask you to attend an assessment day that takes about 3 hours. I am sure that LEGO has their reasons but to me it seems like a bit of an overkill, so to speak.

Human Resources Partner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lego Group.

The interview process was pleasant and professional, consisting of one telephone interview, an online interview and on-site interview. There was a good atmosphere and questions very much related to mindset.

Interview Questions
    • This wasn't very difficult questions, but it fast became very obvious that LEGO Company put much attention to find out if I fit with the company culture and have the right mindset   Answer Question

Worked for Lego Group? Contribute to the Community!