Lehigh Hanson

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

3.5

Project Manager II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lehigh Hanson in March 2014.

I applied online and got an e-mail three months later asking if I am interested in a phone screening. In the initial e-mail they mentioned I was overqualified for the position and it was not a senior level job. Either way - I had a phone screening with the Sr. Recruiter which lasted 30 minutes. He asked me regular Project Management questions and gave me the salary info and about the company. Within the same day he set up an interview with the Hiring Manager. I had a 30 minutes phone conversation with her who asked regular PM questions. I have been doing PM job for 10+ years (including 7+ years with Fortune 1) I answered all the questions with as much details as possible. The next day I got a call from a Recruiting Coordinate who set up an onsite interview.
    The onsite interviewers name and positions were sent to me in advance.

At the onsite interview I spent one hour with the Hiring Manager (non - technical and not a PM) who told me about the company, told me about their process and asked regular PM questions. I mentioned some fundamental mistakes they are making with their process and told her I will be able to help her fix those. I told her - I will not sugar code things, and I am a straight shooter.

I spend the next hour with 4 employees (to be the peers) for an hour. Couple of them were PM Level I and I was interviewing for Level II. They attacked me like a bunch of dogs like I was a piece of meat. I answered all the questions with utmost respect and with examples of the projects. They all were trying to show each other that they were smarter than me and each other by outdoing each other with questions. I showed them my portfolio of 15+ certificates, Systems Engineering Degree, MBA degree and so on. I thought that it was a conflict of interest for two employees that were at Level I to conduct my interview as they seemed to be interested in taking on the Level II position themselves. Anyhow - they tried to trip me with questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

interviewed at Lehigh Hanson in June 2013.

Initially, it was a telephone interview. On being satisfied, the manager called for a face-to-face interview. It was a relaxed friendly environment. The interview was for an hour and was conducted by technical team of 2 and then the manager.

Electrician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lehigh Hanson in June 2012.

cut and dry .seemed to be relatively easy .hard pressed to hire someone . seemed like they were concerned about me and my family hiring manager and HR had a good game . I really missed the read on tthis one. beware.

Interview Questions
    • would you tell us something that you are not't good at.   Answer Question

Engineer In Training Interview

Initial stage was a phone interview, then I was flown to the head quarter for a second interview with management, which was quite insightful.
    It was an exciting experience for me, got introduced to a previous Engineer in Training and we all had lunch. The meeting was concluded with a plant site visit.

Interview Questions
    • None, I was prepared for the interview, it was mostly behavioral kind of questions   View Answer

Sales Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lehigh Hanson in June 2008.

The HR rep contacted me for a phone interview. We spoke for about an hour regarding my qualifications and skill set for the position. She then scheduled me for an interview at the job site where I currently work. During my interview, I was told a brief history of the company as well as what the job would entail. I answered several situational questions regarding the position and how it related to my previous work history. I was offered and accepted the job within a two week period.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question