Lehigh University Interview Questions

2.8

Development Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lehigh University.

Jobs are posted on the Jobs at Lehigh site. Anyone interested in a job should follow the directions given on the site. A cover letter is crucial. Don't skip this! Also be very accurate with details...spelling, grammar, etc. Hiring managers then read over the potential candidate applications and choose the best fits for the open position. An interview with the hiring manager will be set up for those that meet the qualifications of the job. An auxiliary interview may also take place with the staff with whom the candidate will be working. As the candidates are narrowed down, those that pass the first hurdles will then interview with managers who are higher up on the scale. The process can be intimidating, as most interviews can be. In all, it can take up to 6 weeks or so to finally bring in the 'winning' candidate!

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself". This question is always difficult, so be very careful and deliberate how it is answered! Keep it relevant!   Answer Question
    No negotiation opportunity

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Lehigh University.

The hiring process is slow and candidates are closely weighed against the competition. There is a large focus on research and publishing often gives an advantage. In this university, personal contacts are extremely important and, while it is possible to get in cold, a contact will greatly increase your chances.

Interview Questions
    Not negotiable. Only flexibility was with time.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Lehigh University.

First get a phone call, the phone interview. Asked if I have the exoerience if some specific instrument. After 3 or 4 days, got the email inviting me to his lab to make a presentation and discussed the position reponsibilities. I got some difficult questions and that really caught me. I just be honest. Then talked to all lab members .

Interview Questions
    • Detail of my experiment and calculation part. Some aspect that I did not pay attention to.   Answer Question

Lehigh University Fund Phone Caller Interview

Email and phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Not really any tough interview questions. After entering the program you would have to face rigorous courses qualifier exams general exams and the dissertation.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lehigh University.

They give you six or eight half-hour meetings with professors and a lunch with other graduate students. The professors may not know you are meeting with them and the students may talk about video games.

Interview Questions
    • One professor was asleep when I arrived at his office.   Answer Question

Student Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lehigh University in April 2012.

I was recruited by the Managing Director of the Enterprise Systems Center for the Student Consultant position. I interviewed with the Managing Director and a Project Manager, who I worked closely with throughout my project experience. The hiring process was completed with ease following a very straightforward interview process. The interview was conducted at a conversational pace and questions focused on resume and personality responses.

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lehigh University in August 2011.

1. Went to Job Fair. 2. Picked up a flyer for the Women's Center. 3. Applied 4. Went in to the Center for an interview with the director. 5. Accepted job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at the women's center?   View Answer
    NA

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethel, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Lehigh University in January 2010.

interviewed 2 days including a group meeting with search committee members and other individual 1-1 meetings with faculty members. Had a research presentation and a teaching presentation. People were very nice and try to make me comfortable, but some faculty members asked me very technical questions about my research topic.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lehigh University in April 2009.

First you have to apply online for the position. You need to upload your cover letter and you cv. For the interview they will ask you about your availability and then they will propose several options for the time. In the interview process they basically want to know how good of a match are your interest with the current research topics going on in the department you are applying.

Financial Analyst Intern, Elizabeth Arden Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lehigh University in March 2012.

Got an interview on my campus shortly after applying. Young, nice guy who interviewed me. Nearly all behavioral. Asked why I wanted the job and why I would be a good fit. Tripped up a little bit when he asked me my goals for the internship.

Interview Questions

Worked for Lehigh University? Contribute to the Community!