Lehigh University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

The interview was Informal. I was asked some questions over email about projects I completed over my college career. The interview informed about what he would like me to work on over the summer and what he would like done. Basically checked to see if I was a good fit for an intern position.

Interview Questions

• Just asked question about what I accomplished in my college career.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Resume selection, Submit the letter of interest. The faculty will reach in person to set up an Interview. The Interview will be probably 20-30minutes, mainly discuss about the projects of the professor and what the work would be like. Also, go over your resume.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions. Show the analysis of the data process in person and try come up with a ideal result   Answer Question

Development Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

Jobs are posted on the Jobs at Lehigh site. Anyone interested in a job should follow the directions given on the site. A cover letter is crucial. Don't skip this! Also be very accurate with details...spelling, grammar, etc. Hiring managers then read over the potential candidate applications and choose the best fits for the open position. An interview with the hiring manager will be set up for those that meet the qualifications of the job. An auxiliary interview may also take place with the staff with whom the candidate will be working. As the candidates are narrowed down, those that pass the first hurdles will then interview with managers who are higher up on the scale. The process can be intimidating, as most interviews can be. In all, it can take up to 6 weeks or so to finally bring in the 'winning' candidate!

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself". This question is always difficult, so be very careful and deliberate how it is answered! Keep it relevant!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

The hiring process is slow and candidates are closely weighed against the competition. There is a large focus on research and publishing often gives an advantage. In this university, personal contacts are extremely important and, while it is possible to get in cold, a contact will greatly increase your chances.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable. Only flexibility was with time.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Lehigh University.

Interview

First get a phone call, the phone interview. Asked if I have the exoerience if some specific instrument. After 3 or 4 days, got the email inviting me to his lab to make a presentation and discussed the position reponsibilities. I got some difficult questions and that really caught me. I just be honest. Then talked to all lab members .

Interview Questions

• Detail of my experiment and calculation part. Some aspect that I did not pay attention to.   Answer Question

Lehigh University Fund Phone Caller Interview

Interview

Email and phone interview

Interview Questions

• Not really any tough interview questions. After entering the program you would have to face rigorous courses qualifier exams general exams and the dissertation.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

They give you six or eight half-hour meetings with professors and a lunch with other graduate students. The professors may not know you are meeting with them and the students may talk about video games.

Interview Questions

• One professor was asleep when I arrived at his office.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Career Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

Many behavioral type questions. In one day and about 5 hours... One-on-one interview with director of career services, Group interview: they went around the panel and about 10 people asked a question each, and finally one-on-one interview with the VP

Student Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by the Managing Director of the Enterprise Systems Center for the Student Consultant position. I interviewed with the Managing Director and a Project Manager, who I worked closely with throughout my project experience. The hiring process was completed with ease following a very straightforward interview process. The interview was conducted at a conversational pace and questions focused on resume and personality responses.

Interview Questions

• Where will you be in five years?   1 Answer

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

1. Went to Job Fair. 2. Picked up a flyer for the Women's Center. 3. Applied 4. Went in to the Center for an interview with the director. 5. Accepted job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the women's center?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA