Lehman Brothers Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Analyst, Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of day long interviews for the position. Started at 10 am and lasted until 2 pm including lunch with several of the group members. I was a little nervous during the process and this was many years ago

Interview Questions

• What is the most important class you took in school?   1 Answer

Institutional Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview

Extremely involved and extended. Met with many product managers over a three month period. Some were favorably inclined others probably not. This was for an experienced hire during a strong period of the markets. You would not be able to BS your way through. exhaustive.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important determinate of swap pricing??   1 Answer

Negotiation

a lot of flexibility but very demanding

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview

Met with HR department, great interview, many job specific and personal style questions. Met with 2 hiring managers and a few other people in the department. Overall, it was probably one of the more difficult interviews.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Extensive and fair.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview

Interviewed for a position in the interest rate group

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with two attorneys who seemed more interested in discussing my current law school career than the job description. Overall, was overqualified for a position in a company that is winding down.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for a company who is working to tie up all the lose ends of bankruptcy?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

In the US, the investment banking interview process goes like this: Submit your resume online or through your contacts; Go through a first-round, usually on-campus, interview; If you do well, you move to the next round – “superday interviews,” which are held at the bank’s offices (the article you’re reading right now covers this step); If all the bankers like you, they give you an offer.

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contracted as a result of specialized skills

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

This was a a strange interview. The interview was not with Lehman but with Alvarez the firm overseeing its liquidation. Once i realized that the position was project oriented and not service line oriented I tried blowing up the interview but they still made me an offer anyway.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with three individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.