Lehman Brothers

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Interview

Interviewed at Lehman Brothers

Interview Details – Extensive and fair.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question

Contract Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was contracted as a result of specialized skills

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director
New York, NY

I interviewed at Lehman Brothers in January 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extensive. I applied via headhunter, the headhunter screen me initially then I was screened by human resources. The human resource department was very thorough. The asked me to produce official college transcripts. They contacted all of my personal and professional references. From start to finish the process lasted four weeks.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishments?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lehman Brothers.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a position in the interest rate group

Interview Question – Proving probability inequalities   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I interviewed at Lehman Brothers in January 2010.

Interview Details – In the US, the investment banking interview process goes like this:
Submit your resume online or through your contacts;
Go through a first-round, usually on-campus, interview;
If you do well, you move to the next round – “superday interviews,” which are held at the bank’s offices (the article you’re reading right now covers this step);
If all the bankers like you, they give you an offer.

Interview Question – Why IB now?   Answer Question

Technical Team Lead Interview

Technical Team Lead
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in September 2008.

Interview Details – One of my friend asked me to come and join Lehman to help him in his division. I was very excited to be part of one of the fastest growing divisions in the fastest growing financial company in US. I sent my resume there were 5 interviews over a week in first quarter of 2007, then due to some budget issues things got delayed, but there was constant update of the status of my candidature. One fine day my friend called me for a final interview with the division head, which went well, was offered the package the next day. I accepted the offer the following day and joined towards the end of second quarter.

Interview Question – How to sell an "equity option" if there are no long positions of the underlyer or the option itself ?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in February 2009.

Interview Details – this was right before Lehman went under. So it was good not getting that job. Interview with HR first. And a few days later, i was offered for the 2nd round interview. Not many tech. question. 2nd round was short

Corporate Paralegal Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met with two attorneys who seemed more interested in discussing my current law school career than the job description. Overall, was overqualified for a position in a company that is winding down.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for a company who is working to tie up all the lose ends of bankruptcy?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with three individuals.

Interview Question – Are you fluent in a different language?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in March 2008.

Interview Details – The first interview was a fit interview, and I hit it off with my interviewer. Walked through the resume, asking questions about previous experiences such as what my main responsibilities were and describe any challenges I encountered . The next interview was a super day of 5 interviews in a row. The younger analysts had heavy quantitative questions, while the senior ones asked the strength/weakness/leadership questions.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lehman Brothers

Worked for Lehman Brothers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lehman Brothers interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lehman Brothers employees and interview candidates.