Lehman Brothers Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

3.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Lehman Brothers in January 2010.

In the US, the investment banking interview process goes like this:
    Submit your resume online or through your contacts;
    Go through a first-round, usually on-campus, interview;
    If you do well, you move to the next round – “superday interviews,” which are held at the bank’s offices (the article you’re reading right now covers this step);
    If all the bankers like you, they give you an offer.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Lehman Brothers in January 2009.

The hiring process was extensive. I applied via headhunter, the headhunter screen me initially then I was screened by human resources. The human resource department was very thorough. The asked me to produce official college transcripts. They contacted all of my personal and professional references. From start to finish the process lasted four weeks.

Technical Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in September 2008.

One of my friend asked me to come and join Lehman to help him in his division. I was very excited to be part of one of the fastest growing divisions in the fastest growing financial company in US. I sent my resume there were 5 interviews over a week in first quarter of 2007, then due to some budget issues things got delayed, but there was constant update of the status of my candidature. One fine day my friend called me for a final interview with the division head, which went well, was offered the package the next day. I accepted the offer the following day and joined towards the end of second quarter.

Interview Questions
    • How to sell an "equity option" if there are no long positions of the underlyer or the option itself ?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in March 2008.

The first interview was a fit interview, and I hit it off with my interviewer. Walked through the resume, asking questions about previous experiences such as what my main responsibilities were and describe any challenges I encountered . The next interview was a super day of 5 interviews in a row. The younger analysts had heavy quantitative questions, while the senior ones asked the strength/weakness/leadership questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in February 2009.

Interviewed with three individuals.

Not able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in February 2009.

this was right before Lehman went under. So it was good not getting that job. Interview with HR first. And a few days later, i was offered for the 2nd round interview. Not many tech. question. 2nd round was short

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in March 2009.

This was a a strange interview. The interview was not with Lehman but with Alvarez the firm overseeing its liquidation. Once i realized that the position was project oriented and not service line oriented I tried blowing up the interview but they still made me an offer anyway.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in October 2007.

Had three on campus interviews. Played good cop/bad cop, and one with HR.

No negotation

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in February 2011.

Met with two attorneys who seemed more interested in discussing my current law school career than the job description. Overall, was overqualified for a position in a company that is winding down.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working for a company who is working to tie up all the lose ends of bankruptcy?   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Lehman Brothers in January 2010.

I was contracted as a result of specialized skills

Worked for Lehman Brothers? Contribute to the Community!