Lehman Brothers Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.4

Analyst, Investment Banking Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of day long interviews for the position. Started at 10 am and lasted until 2 pm including lunch with several of the group members. I was a little nervous during the process and this was many years ago

Interview Questions

• What is the most important class you took in school?   1 Answer

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contracted as a result of specialized skills

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was extensive. I applied via headhunter, the headhunter screen me initially then I was screened by human resources. The human resource department was very thorough. The asked me to produce official college transcripts. They contacted all of my personal and professional references. From start to finish the process lasted four weeks.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

In the US, the investment banking interview process goes like this: Submit your resume online or through your contacts; Go through a first-round, usually on-campus, interview; If you do well, you move to the next round – “superday interviews,” which are held at the bank’s offices (the article you’re reading right now covers this step); If all the bankers like you, they give you an offer.

Technical Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2008.

Interview

One of my friend asked me to come and join Lehman to help him in his division. I was very excited to be part of one of the fastest growing divisions in the fastest growing financial company in US. I sent my resume there were 5 interviews over a week in first quarter of 2007, then due to some budget issues things got delayed, but there was constant update of the status of my candidature. One fine day my friend called me for a final interview with the division head, which went well, was offered the package the next day. I accepted the offer the following day and joined towards the end of second quarter.

Interview Questions

• How to sell an "equity option" if there are no long positions of the underlyer or the option itself ?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

this was right before Lehman went under. So it was good not getting that job. Interview with HR first. And a few days later, i was offered for the 2nd round interview. Not many tech. question. 2nd round was short

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with two attorneys who seemed more interested in discussing my current law school career than the job description. Overall, was overqualified for a position in a company that is winding down.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for a company who is working to tie up all the lose ends of bankruptcy?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with three individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

The first interview was a fit interview, and I hit it off with my interviewer. Walked through the resume, asking questions about previous experiences such as what my main responsibilities were and describe any challenges I encountered . The next interview was a super day of 5 interviews in a row. The younger analysts had heavy quantitative questions, while the senior ones asked the strength/weakness/leadership questions.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehman Brothers (New York, NY) in October 2007.

Interview

Had three on campus interviews. Played good cop/bad cop, and one with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation