Lend Lease

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.6

Assistant Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lend Lease.

Employee referral, the process took a few months because the building market was slow and the company was beginning to rehire its employees after they were layed off during the housing market crash.

Interview Questions
    • Met with four senior level project managers, the whole process took about 2-3 hours.   Answer Question
    be prepared to negotiate salary

Tier II Help Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lend Lease.

The interview was easy and was very simple. There was one person interviewing me and he would have been my boss. Nothing too difficult. The phone interview was more challenging in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • You are looking at the help desk joint email inbox and you see five trouble tickets that are new and one is for a printer issue, one is secondary monitor issue and three are referencing Oracle database issues. Which one do you take care of first?   Answer Question

Spend time with my family.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lend Lease.

Sidestepped HR by meeting with an exec who I heard was looking. Detailed reference check performed by this exec. Short interview that listed off expectations without waiting for detailed response on my part. Concern for longevity stressed - not using position to get experience and transfer to a different department. Entirely professional dress/atmosphere throughout the process; a conservative environment. There was never any doubt that the position was serious, even if the person filling it was not taken too seriously (meaning I was being offered an opportunity to jump when they said jump, not being offered an opportunity to be enriched personally as part of the team). This is strongly "us" and "them" culture between management and staff.

Interview Questions
    • Was chided for listing a volunteer reference, this surprised me as my work there was exemplary and challenging. I did not expect to need so many business references.   View Answer
    There was a take it of leave it offer put on the table. It doubled my current pay at ghd time.

Project Accountant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lend Lease in May 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter working for Lend Lease looking for a paid intern. I was looking for a full time job at the time, but the recruiter was very nice and reasonable to my concerns, which made me decide to come in for an interview. I was impressed by their easygoing nature. I came in and talked with the NY Finance Manager who was one of the nicest and straightforward persons I've ever interviewed with. Then he had me sit down at the field office to interview with the people I'd be working with. There were no difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just the standard stuff: Why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself going in the future, etc.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lend Lease in January 2013.

Interview process was very smooth. I did an initial phone screen, and then had to drive in on 2 separate occasions for interviews with 4 managers and 1 executive. This is not unusual for a management role. Everyone was very friendly and respectful. Great overall feel for the office and people.

Interview Questions
    • None were super difficult. A few key questions:
      1) Tell me about yourself (for the unprepared, this can be tricky. Answer succinctly and with business accomplishment focus... not your life story.)
      2) Why do you want this role?
      3) How would you improve morale on the team?

Answer Question

They did not offer any work-from-home schedule, even partial, for supervisors (which is understandable). I was interviewing with other companies that did. Also, I was looking for something a bit smaller where I can be involved in more innovation (vs. operations). This has more to do with me, not the company. Lend Lease seems like a great company and a good group of people. I was very torn. I would recommend Lend Lease to others.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lend Lease.

The interview process was very straightforward, one superintendent, one project manager, and one senior level executive spending about 20-30 minutes with me each. They paid for me to fly into town and interview (this was back in the days when companies had recruiting budgets large enough to pay for plane tickets). I received an offer letter in a week.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to me was the standard "where do you want to be in 5 years?".   Answer Question
    Negotiation...not really a negotiation for that entry level position.

Assistant Development Manager Interview

Was a relatively informal interview, asked me about my prior experience and education. There were 3 people interviewing me one in HR and two others in development roles of the business.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest regular failure / challenge / weakness.   View Answer

Diversity Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lend Lease in June 2014.

Saw a email about the opportunity. I worked with a recruiter to get the information to the hiring department. This lead to a phone interview. She asked me about how I heard about the job because they were having a time getting enough qualified people to interview for the job. Phone interview went fine. There were a few concerns but not nothing that seems like a red flag. After two weeks. I followed up. They went with someone else who had 16 years experience whereas I had half that.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handle the HR and contractual issues?   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lend Lease in March 2014.

I had to complete an application form outlining how my skills and experience match their key goals and core values, along with my qualifications and experience. I then received a email a month later confirming I had been successful and reached the interview stage. The interviews were delayed and took place 3 months after receiving the initial email.

As part of the interview, I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation on what key things they should focus on during the economic climate. The interview panel consisted of two senior managers (the head of HR was also due to attend but couldn't). After presenting the questions were expected interview questions about myself, experience, the company, strengths, weaknesses etc. an hour after the interview I was offered the role via phone call.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a few technical questions regarding geotechnics (foundations) and CDM however they were also partly common sense.   Answer Question
    As it was a graduate job I didn't try to negotiate, plus you get pay reviews every 6 months during the 2 year grad scheme.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lend Lease.

Most likely to get an interview through someone you know.