Lend Lease Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

2.3

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lend Lease (Newark, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

A meeting was arranged over lunch to discuss and review the position that was being offered and to match my prior work experience. During the course of the interview multiple positions were discussed and new opportunities for possible advancement were considered.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving you current employer?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Describe your prior work responsibilities.   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lend Lease.

Interview

Employee referral, the process took a few months because the building market was slow and the company was beginning to rehire its employees after they were layed off during the housing market crash.

Interview Questions

• Met with four senior level project managers, the whole process took about 2-3 hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

be prepared to negotiate salary

Tier II Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lend Lease.

Interview

The interview was easy and was very simple. There was one person interviewing me and he would have been my boss. Nothing too difficult. The phone interview was more challenging in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• You are looking at the help desk joint email inbox and you see five trouble tickets that are new and one is for a printer issue, one is secondary monitor issue and three are referencing Oracle database issues. Which one do you take care of first?   Answer Question

Spend time with my family.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Lend Lease.

Interview

Sidestepped HR by meeting with an exec who I heard was looking. Detailed reference check performed by this exec. Short interview that listed off expectations without waiting for detailed response on my part. Concern for longevity stressed - not using position to get experience and transfer to a different department. Entirely professional dress/atmosphere throughout the process; a conservative environment. There was never any doubt that the position was serious, even if the person filling it was not taken too seriously (meaning I was being offered an opportunity to jump when they said jump, not being offered an opportunity to be enriched personally as part of the team). This is strongly "us" and "them" culture between management and staff.

Interview Questions

• Was chided for listing a volunteer reference, this surprised me as my work there was exemplary and challenging. I did not expect to need so many business references.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a take it of leave it offer put on the table. It doubled my current pay at ghd time.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lend Lease.

Interview

Just talked to a guy. Next thing I knew he called me back and offered me a job.

Negotiation

I just asked for more money and he said yes. Always ask for more.

Project Accountant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lend Lease (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter working for Lend Lease looking for a paid intern. I was looking for a full time job at the time, but the recruiter was very nice and reasonable to my concerns, which made me decide to come in for an interview. I was impressed by their easygoing nature. I came in and talked with the NY Finance Manager who was one of the nicest and straightforward persons I've ever interviewed with. Then he had me sit down at the field office to interview with the people I'd be working with. There were no difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Just the standard stuff: Why do you want to work here, where do you see yourself going in the future, etc.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lend Lease (Dunwoody, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. I did an initial phone screen, and then had to drive in on 2 separate occasions for interviews with 4 managers and 1 executive. This is not unusual for a management role. Everyone was very friendly and respectful. Great overall feel for the office and people.

Interview Questions

• None were super difficult. A few key questions:
      1) Tell me about yourself (for the unprepared, this can be tricky. Answer succinctly and with business accomplishment focus... not your life story.)
      2) Why do you want this role?
      3) How would you improve morale on the team?

Answer Question

They did not offer any work-from-home schedule, even partial, for supervisors (which is understandable). I was interviewing with other companies that did. Also, I was looking for something a bit smaller where I can be involved in more innovation (vs. operations). This has more to do with me, not the company. Lend Lease seems like a great company and a good group of people. I was very torn. I would recommend Lend Lease to others.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lend Lease (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, one superintendent, one project manager, and one senior level executive spending about 20-30 minutes with me each. They paid for me to fly into town and interview (this was back in the days when companies had recruiting budgets large enough to pay for plane tickets). I received an offer letter in a week.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question to me was the standard "where do you want to be in 5 years?".   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation...not really a negotiation for that entry level position.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lend Lease (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call the first day, which was a set-up interview. The next day, I received a second phone interview, which set up the face-to-face interview on the third day. By the fifth day, I was receiving a phone call with an offer, which I accepted. I started work the next week.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The interviewer and I chatted for about an hour. She was testing to see if she liked my personality, as my qualifications exceeded her expectations. She was anxious to have me - that much was clear. I don't think she was trying very hard to make it difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received two phone calls and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview. They called over the phone to make the offer, and I accepted.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lend Lease (Nashville, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

My interview went fine until I was asked if I had small children. My lack of small children seemed to impact the hiring decision. The interview did not go well after that question.

Interview Questions

• Do you have small children?   1 Answer