LendingClub Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.3

Chaos Interview

It was ok - was bounced from room to room because they hadn't booked a space. Felt as though people were randomly being brought in to meet with me who may not even be working with me.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with scheduling interviews all day   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Went through 2 phone screens and went onsite. Most questions were average difficulty. After onsite didn't hear back from recruiter, even after emailing him. Figured they probably looked at experiences in certain frameworks more than problem solving skills and fundamentals (someone with good fundamentals can pick up any framework).

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LendingClub.

I was a finalists for a director level position at Lending Club. 4.5 hours of interview time invested with 6 of their people, including a senior manager, and they didn't even have the professionalism and decency to get back to me. I followed up too.
    It takes 30 seconds to send an email to thank someone for their interest in your company and let them know the decision.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember there being any particularly difficult questions. I was prepared for behavioral questions but most were about my experience (ie, Tell me about what you did at employer X).   Answer Question

Architect Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LendingClub.

I applied online and got a phone interview set up by a HR person. I spoke to the hiring manager and the call started off with a series of technical questions. After the interview I concluded this was not the job for me and I was not qualified for the role. It was the worst phone interview I have ever attended as I did not know answers for many questions. I have never had a situation where I did not know an answer.
      A few hours after the phone interview I got an email from the HR saying that I did "really well" and they wanted to meet me in person. I was surprised because I was 100% confident that the interview did not go well. I was even tempted to ask if the HR person emailed the wrong candidate. The worst part is I could not handle the 30 min. phone interview and then I receive an invite for a 6 hour in person interview. I wondered why the hiring manager decided to meet me in person. I was tempted to cancel the interview but I thought they probably wanted to consider me for other roles and hence I went in person. That was my biggest mistake. After my meeting with the first two interviewers, they realized they made a mistake calling me. The third interviewer walked in (after a conversation with the second interviewer) flipped through my resume and rather rudely told me that there was a mistake and they didn't think I fit the role. She said she could talk to other teams for a position that fit my background but I had already made up my mind that I will never apply for a company like theirs again.

Feedback:
    1) The hiring manager couldn't judge if a candidate is a right fit through the phone interview and hence wasted my time and theirs.
    2) Wish they had been a little nice about telling that I am not a fit to the role.
    3) The interviewers had not taken time to review my resume before meeting me. That could have prevented all this from happening.

Lesson learnt for me: If you think you are not suitable to the role, let the HR person know in advance.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at LendingClub in August 2014.

Just awful. A recruiter reached out to me and I wanted to find out more about engineering within a financial company. I was scheduled for a phone screen with a director. My interview lasted 10 mins in which I was asked questions that would probably be apt for a DB Admin. He hadn't looked at my resume and didn't bother when I told him that I am not going to be able to answer his questions as they were not relevant to my skills and my experience. What a waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LendingClub.

Contacted by Recruiter, to which i responded back after looking at the company information.
    After couple of days, technical phone screen has been setup for 30 mins.
    Questions weren't tough but some questions asked were ridiculous, not sure why one would remember what each http status code does like 301,401,501 etc ..... Also what does the Web Page do, explain in detail. Overall i am not at all impressed with the questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at LendingClub in July 2014.

Two phone calls and two onsite interviews that went very smoothly. The recruiter actually vetted me for two different positions she felt that I was a good fit for. I selected one that I really wanted even though I didn't think I had a chance. But I got hired and it's at the perfect timing with the company and their growth pattern. I look forward to my job.

Interview Questions
    • How much would it cost to build a slide from one floor to another in the building   View Answer
    No Negotiation was possible

Excecution Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at LendingClub in July 2014.

I had a couple of short interviews with the hiring manager and then was invited for a one-day on site interviews (had 5 interviews). Most interviews were about my work experience,but was tested on a couple of business cases

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LendingClub in December 2013.

I applied, was called for a 1/2 hour phone interview a few days later. A week later was scheduled for a in-person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours and was comprised of several short 20-30 minute segments with 4-5 different people. Was told another week later I had the job, total process was about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are some difficulties Lending Club faces that a traditional bank does not?   Answer Question

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at LendingClub.

First of all, office setup is very nice. Overall, interview takes you about 3 hours and you will meet 5-6 people. 3 of them are credit supervisors, one is the credit manager, and remaining two are from other depts. They will give you real-life documents and test you for the fraud check & income calculations. They will also ask you all different kind of job related questions, so be well-prepared before having an interview.