LendingTree Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at LendingTree

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Very chaotic. Watch out for 'bait and switch' when talking about pay.

It took over two months from first call to offer. I had phone interview, panel interview with the team, and then interview with senior management. Two or three HR interviews in between.

HR will play hardball on salary - don't give in.

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LendingTree in November 2012.

Interview

Just as normal process. Contacted by HR and phone interview with Tech team, and scheduled onsite interview. All of those guys are very nice. Good reception and nice working environment. Each meeting room had a name of European city. All the guys looks enjoying their job. Good location and nice town. It is very close to highway so very convenient to get there from airport

Interview Questions

• Database modeling questions. draw an ERD. What will you check first when the database response was slowing down   Answer Question

Product Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at LendingTree in December 2011.

Interview

The process was quick and efficient. While heavily dependent on the interviewer, my personal experience was professional and considerate of my schedule. The culture was extremely relaxed and accommodating. I was interviewed by multiple constituencies including Technology, Product and Marketing in a back-to-back fashion which allowed the process of in person interviewing to happen in a single day. An offer was extended the following day.

Interview Questions

• How would you pass back revenue into an analytics tool?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer was very low with a substantial portion of salary expressed as a bonus. Doing your research and responding with a reasonable range seems to set the stage for the true salary negotiation. Be cautious with stock award vesting. This can be frustrating if you consider it part of your compensation and/or as a signing bonus. Vesting was never mentioned or documented in the hiring process, but the approval of a compensation committee was required followed by a vesting schedule over three quarters resulting in a year delay in receiving my total stock award.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at LendingTree in June 2011.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview process I have ever experienced! Firstly the phone interview went well so an inperson interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. That went well and so another in person interview was scheduled with other members of the team and another in person interview with the hiring manager. Everything went well, or so I thought. The hiring manager was very positive acting as if I got the job. He walked me out saying I will hear from HR soon. 2 weeks pass and nothing - so I called to follow up with the hiring manager. He tells me it's a yes , he asks me what I think, I say so far it's positive for me as well, so he tells me I should get something soon. Obviously I believe an offer is on it's way. 3 weeks pass and I still don't hear anything so I call to follow up and he tells me that he found someone more suited for the job out of nowhere! How unprofessional and a complete breach of good faith. The worst, most unethical experience I have ever undergone

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer