Lennar

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lennar in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was exceptional. Very realistic and simple. They were of course interested in history and wanted success and failure examples and most importantly, how you reacted in order to overcome objections and obstacles.

Interview Question – Could you fire your friend at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was their way or the highway.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lennar in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was intense and not professional. I got the distinct impression that I would be a piece of meat to them. They wanted to suck me dry of all of my sales skills and spit me back out if I wasn't performing. Not impressed.

Interview Question – The VP of sales and marketing made me role play several sales scenarios on the spot without warning.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Bad reputation from other sales people and a bad impression on the spot.

Very Easy Interview

Division Controller Interview

Division Controller
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lennar in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had a lengthy and encouraging interview with the Division President but since I did not fit the specific background criteria I never got the opportunity to go to a second interview with the regional financial people. If you are not coming out of the same background from a public Homebuilder it is almost impossible to get to the next interview. My interview with the Division President lasted 3 1/2 hours.

Interview Question – The Division President expressed a concern on multiple occasions that I would get bored and leave. Despite assuring him that would not be the case that was the biggest trepidation and it was a difficult concern to appease. Rather ironic since his prior Controller had left.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Construction Manager Interview

Construction Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lennar.

Interview Details – The day after I applied I got a call from the Division President and we did a quick phone interview for about 15 minutes. I then interviewed in person in a coffee shop and was offered the position on the spot. It should have been a red flag to me that they have a hard time keeping good people because of their poor business model and awful customer service.

Interview Question – Not a question, but a comment from the person I interviewed with. "I'd like to hire you today." This was after only meeting for less than 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money, they turned me down. I stuck to my demands and they ultimately gave me what I wanted but turned the extra I was asking for into a monthly bonus instead of on my salary.

Very Easy Interview

Warranty Service Work Interview

Warranty Service Work
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Lennar in September 2012.

Interview Details – phone call and in-person interview

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Lennar in September 2013.

Interview Details – Found out about this job through a recruiter and they set up and initial phone screening with the Director of Audit and the Audit Manager. After making it through the phone screening I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The Director of Audit grabbed me from reception and took me straight to the Audit Manager's office where the first thing she did was hand me a piece of paper with three short answer questions relating to Audit/Accounting. After finishing my first short essay exam since I finished grad school, we stepped into the manager's office and began going over my resume. She warned me that she would also be asking me accounting specific questions from her list of random accounting questions she had on her desk. After she was done with me it was time to speak to the Director of Audit. The Director of Audit just sold the position and wanted to know if I had any questions.

Interview Question – Here are the short answer questions I was told to answer at the beginning of my interview:

1. You are testing the balance of a liability account and you discover that a journal entry is not supported. How would you write this audit finding?

2. Bob is a controller and has the ability to do the following: Create/modify vendors, approve invoices, create and approve journal entries. What are the segregation of duties issues here?

3. How would you test revenue was recorded in the correct period? What is this type of test called?

Questions I was asked from the random list of accounting concepts the manager had on her desk:

1. What is the difference between a process and a control?

2. What is the journal entry for an insurance payment?

3. What are some testing procedures you would use to test for unrecorded liabilities?
  View Answer

Interviewed at Lennar

Interview Details – Invited for an interview after first intial call from the recruiter. Ask traditional questions such as how would I generate leads, what's my sales style and how do I handle confrontation with other employees.

Interview Question – The significance of specifying a customers needs and having the same point of perspective.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Wayzata, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lennar in June 2007.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume. Did not hear back, so I resent it along with a letter reiterating my interest. HR called shortly after. Had phone interview and then was called in for a 1:1 interview with the sales manager that I would report to. Was very unimpressed by the corp. environment and culture. Not very professional. Manager was a bit rude to staff in front of me. This turned me off to the opportunity so I just went through the motions for the rest of the interview knowing that I no longer wanted the job.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this job?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Controller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lennar in January 2008.

Interview Details – After an HR screening, there were two interviews over two weeks - one with the Division President (direct supervisor), and one with the Region Controller. Both went well, and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Doesn't hurt to ask for more during salary negotiation.

Construction Manager Interview

Construction Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lennar in September 2011.

Interview Details – manager was knowledgable, wel listener to what I describe my work experience

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for Lennar? Contribute to the Community!