Lennox

17 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lennox in June 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was on the phone with the hiring manager. The hiring manager's goal was to establish my credentials (experience, qualifications and technical ability) for the role. We walked through several job-related scenario's e.g " How do you react when your sales are not meeting plan or last year's performance", "How do you conduct industry research" and "How do you develop your pricing plan".

Next was another telephone interview with Human Resources. This was more behavioral e.g. "Tell me about a time when you were really stressed at work - what led to the stressful situation and how did you deal with it" and "How do you handle Horrible Bosses?"

After that I had a couple of days of onsight interviews with a number of folks. The interviewers were all interested in understanding how I would fit into the new role and the team.

All in all, the people were excellent, very professional. I was pretty impressed by the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop your pricing straegy?   Answer Question
  • How do you handle the development of new features and functions as a one of the smaller players in your market? How does that change if you are the market leader?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I took a job elsewhere due to location.

Service Tech Interview

Service Tech
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lennox.

Interview Details – THREE INTERVIEWS

Interview Question – pROVE TO ME YOU WANT TO WORK HERE ,   View Answer

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Lennox in April 2009.

Interview Details – First I saw the future boss.
Then I was asked to see the senior colleague.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Sketchy details.
Double-checked with former employees.
Low pay.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lennox in March 2008.

Interview Details – Had 3 face to face interviews. Company would be great to work for. Promotes from within. Likes HVAC experience

Interview Question – HVAC Experience?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Took another position with more money

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Lennox in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was brought in as an alternative to their typical sales professional. It's what Lennox wants to be able to do - have technical abilities to communicate with engineers. However, the regional sales managers are comfortable with order takers to hit their numbers, so it is more a position for a someone like a car salesperson than one with extensive HVAC experience.

Interview Question – Nothing really too difficult. It is mostly a review of your resume.   Answer Question

Transportation Analyst Interview

Transportation Analyst
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lennox in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interviews with 5 or 6 department heads all in one day. they were VERY organized. precise and timely. It was great to meet all the players in the work environment, you get a better sence of what is expected from each person and how their individual styles can or won't fit with your own

Interview Question – What data would you begin to analyze day 1?   View Answer

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lennox in December 2011.

Interview Details – Great communication. Start with phone call, then phone interview, then move to interview with district manager (in person) who makes the decision on who/when to hire.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for a B2B sales position when you have significant experience in B2C?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lennox in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview 1 - Interview with Hiring Manager. Manager was interested in establishing my experience and educational fit for the role. Discussion lasted ~45 minutes.

Interview 2 - Interview with HR. Much like Hiring Manager discussion, checking on experience and education. Key to Interviews 1 & 2 is to appear interested, engaged and likeable (nothing new here)

Interview 3 - Full Day of Interviews with 3 Directors and 3 VPs. The key is to know the company (who is Lennox? what are Lennox' differentiators in the market? why did I choose Lennox? How does this role fit with my career development? What is my value proposition for Lennox?.

Negotiation Details – Refused to go lower on salary. Offer negotiated by phone. Lennox open to making adjustments on other items on the offer as well (signing bonus, relocation etc)

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lennox in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone conversation with HR and usually another manager. Then face to face interview with District Manager.

Interview Question – What have you done that was above and beyond the call of duty to help a customer in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Manager has the ability to give a larger target salary than what they start with. Compensation plan is complex and difficult to understand at first. Get a good target salary (base plus commissions).

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Richardson, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Lennox.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with Recruiter, then leader.

Interview Question – Very easy questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Lennox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lennox interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lennox employees and interview candidates.