Lennox Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014
Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.9

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lennox in June 2010.

The first interview was on the phone with the hiring manager. The hiring manager's goal was to establish my credentials (experience, qualifications and technical ability) for the role. We walked through several job-related scenario's e.g " How do you react when your sales are not meeting plan or last year's performance", "How do you conduct industry research" and "How do you develop your pricing plan".

Next was another telephone interview with Human Resources. This was more behavioral e.g. "Tell me about a time when you were really stressed at work - what led to the stressful situation and how did you deal with it" and "How do you handle Horrible Bosses?"

After that I had a couple of days of onsight interviews with a number of folks. The interviewers were all interested in understanding how I would fit into the new role and the team.

All in all, the people were excellent, very professional. I was pretty impressed by the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop your pricing straegy?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle the development of new features and functions as a one of the smaller players in your market? How does that change if you are the market leader?   Answer Question

I took a job elsewhere due to location.

Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lennox.

THREE INTERVIEWS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Lennox in April 2009.

First I saw the future boss.
    Then I was asked to see the senior colleague.

Sketchy details.
    Double-checked with former employees.
    Low pay.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lennox in March 2008.

Had 3 face to face interviews. Company would be great to work for. Promotes from within. Likes HVAC experience

Interview Questions

Took another position with more money

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Lennox in July 2011.

I was brought in as an alternative to their typical sales professional. It's what Lennox wants to be able to do - have technical abilities to communicate with engineers. However, the regional sales managers are comfortable with order takers to hit their numbers, so it is more a position for a someone like a car salesperson than one with extensive HVAC experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too difficult. It is mostly a review of your resume.   Answer Question

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lennox in September 2012.

1 on 1 interviews with 5 or 6 department heads all in one day. they were VERY organized. precise and timely. It was great to meet all the players in the work environment, you get a better sence of what is expected from each person and how their individual styles can or won't fit with your own

Interview Questions
    • What data would you begin to analyze day 1?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lennox in December 2011.

Great communication. Start with phone call, then phone interview, then move to interview with district manager (in person) who makes the decision on who/when to hire.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you a good fit for a B2B sales position when you have significant experience in B2C?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lennox in July 2010.

Interview 1 - Interview with Hiring Manager. Manager was interested in establishing my experience and educational fit for the role. Discussion lasted ~45 minutes.

Interview 2 - Interview with HR. Much like Hiring Manager discussion, checking on experience and education. Key to Interviews 1 & 2 is to appear interested, engaged and likeable (nothing new here)

Interview 3 - Full Day of Interviews with 3 Directors and 3 VPs. The key is to know the company (who is Lennox? what are Lennox' differentiators in the market? why did I choose Lennox? How does this role fit with my career development? What is my value proposition for Lennox?.

Refused to go lower on salary. Offer negotiated by phone. Lennox open to making adjustments on other items on the offer as well (signing bonus, relocation etc)

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lennox in April 2009.

Phone conversation with HR and usually another manager. Then face to face interview with District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done that was above and beyond the call of duty to help a customer in the past?   Answer Question
    Manager has the ability to give a larger target salary than what they start with. Compensation plan is complex and difficult to understand at first. Get a good target salary (base plus commissions).

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Lennox.

Phone Interview with Recruiter, then leader.