Lenovo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lenovo in August 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication comes from recruiting agency so keep LinkedIn/Monster.com profiles updated. There was a phone interview with agency then two in-person interviews, one with a Team Lead/Manager and one with department head (Executive Director). Interviews were progressively formal (semi-formal with team lead, more formal with director). Questions focused on JavaScript and CSS skills, as well as an previous design experience. Also asked about prior experience with analytics/multivariate testing suites.

Interview Question – They presented a demo page and asked me to streamline it to make it more interactive and presentable for a user (open to interpretation).   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Morrisville, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lenovo in April 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview with HR, then with hiring manager, on site interview with hiring manager and two more people

Interview Question – typical questions, no surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – couldn't get a relo, but was able to get a signing bonus

Assistant Engineer Interview

Assistant Engineer

Interviewed at Lenovo

Interview Details – One to one interview first, asking about behavior quesitons most of the time. Then talk about resume and projects, some technical quesitons about power related stuff. Quite easy.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview Details – Lack of good communication during hiring process. Took a while before I understood how they operate which caused some frustration. Overall process was pretty smooth after first interview. New employee orientation is lacking but not too bad.

Interview Question – all questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview Details – Know someone work in Lenovo and help referred me to the position. There was a phone interview then on site interview with several persons. Then get phone call from HR the other day with offer

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Normal questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed. Salary is good

Marketing Summer Intern Interview

Marketing Summer Intern
Durham, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Lenovo in May 2013.

Interview Details – pretty easy, behavioral questions.

Interview Question – given 1 million dollars, how will you do marketing research?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – time conflict

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Enterprise Account Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Lenovo in January 2013.

Interview Details – After networking my way through several contacts within Lenovo, I was highly disappointed in the overall experience with this organization. I completed a phone screen interview after leveraging 3 internal contacts for endorsements regarding the open position in a two state area.

The phone screen was typical: we reviewed my resume, the role, and my history with technology sales experience. I was told due to my experience with Enterprise Accounts, my knowledge of the accounts & territory, and my previous partnering experience with Lenovo that I was a perfect fit for the role.

The internal recruiter told me she would forward our conversation to the hiring manager, and I would hear back regarding a face to face interview within a week. After a week of no contact from Lenovo, I email my recruiter, with no response. So I called her directly, and she answered letting me know the manager was traveling and they were behind schedule, but I would have an answer in a few days.

After multiple calls and unanswered voicemails & unanswered emails, i finally gave up on Lenovo.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview process was getting truthful answers from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Public Sector Account Manager Interview

Public Sector Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lenovo in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pre-screened for experience over the phone by a staffing consultant. Passed with no problem to 2nd phone screen about a week later. No problem there either and was scheduled for an in person interview.
Had to drive 500 miles on my nickel to accommodate the interviewing manager, but we do what we have to. A manager the age of one of my children conducted the interview and was very distracted by the event she was attending at the hotel where the interview took place. I knew I was in trouble when she compared me to her father.
Followed up with a thank you but didn't get a response, sent another email and made a couple of calls but still no response. Finally contacted original staffer and was told they hired internally. Wasted my time and gas. Took more than 1 month for the whole process.

Interview Question – Why Lenovo?   Answer Question

NPI Program Manager Interview

NPI Program Manager
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lenovo in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty standard. First round is a phone interview, then followed by an onsite interview if you did well on the first round. Usually you will have the chance to your manager, second line manager and team members, they all have a say on hiring you or not.

Interview Question – Basically there is not treaky questions. Just be prepared. Frequently asked questsions are: whast is your expectation in five years, how to deal with a difficult team member/supplier. ect   Answer Question

Product Marketing Intern Interview

Product Marketing Intern
Morrisville, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Lenovo in May 2011.

Interview Details – Simple, straightforward hiring process- contacted by the hiring manager first and set up an interview slot- only twist is that there was a presentation to be delivered to the hiring manager. Presentation skills and market research skills were tested during this presentation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lenovo