Lenovo

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.9

Channel Acct Executive Interview

Most candidates that make it to the interview process are referrals. There are usually two phone interviews, then one face-to-face interview. Questions relate to experience, accomplishments, and describing situations that required you to think outside the box and had paid off.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard, it's not an unusual format by any means.   Answer Question
    I wouldn't advise being picky as they tend to do their best to give the best possible offer upfront.

Web Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lenovo.

phoneinterview

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between dom and sax?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lenovo.

Applied online. Had an screening call with HR. Onsite interviews with hiring manager, other functional managers, peers and upper management.

Interview Questions
    • You don't have much experience in this field, why do you believe you are the right candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

One to one interview first, asking about behavior quesitons most of the time. Then talk about resume and projects, some technical quesitons about power related stuff. Quite easy.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lenovo.

Lack of good communication during hiring process. Took a while before I understood how they operate which caused some frustration. Overall process was pretty smooth after first interview. New employee orientation is lacking but not too bad.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lenovo.

Know someone work in Lenovo and help referred me to the position. There was a phone interview then on site interview with several persons. Then get phone call from HR the other day with offer

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed. Salary is good

Marketing Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lenovo in May 2013.

pretty easy, behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • given 1 million dollars, how will you do marketing research?   Answer Question

time conflict

Inside Sales Representative - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lenovo in April 2013.

2 interviews. One phone interview with a 3rd party recruiter. If you get through that screening process then you get a face to face interview with the onsite CTG managers.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a sit for a sales postition.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You start at 32K for training and get a bump to 38k after you finish with the opportunity to make 2k - 4k in quarterly bonuses based on your performance.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lenovo in January 2013.

After networking my way through several contacts within Lenovo, I was highly disappointed in the overall experience with this organization. I completed a phone screen interview after leveraging 3 internal contacts for endorsements regarding the open position in a two state area.

The phone screen was typical: we reviewed my resume, the role, and my history with technology sales experience. I was told due to my experience with Enterprise Accounts, my knowledge of the accounts & territory, and my previous partnering experience with Lenovo that I was a perfect fit for the role.

The internal recruiter told me she would forward our conversation to the hiring manager, and I would hear back regarding a face to face interview within a week. After a week of no contact from Lenovo, I email my recruiter, with no response. So I called her directly, and she answered letting me know the manager was traveling and they were behind schedule, but I would have an answer in a few days.

After multiple calls and unanswered voicemails & unanswered emails, i finally gave up on Lenovo.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview process was getting truthful answers from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Public Sector Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lenovo in December 2012.

Pre-screened for experience over the phone by a staffing consultant. Passed with no problem to 2nd phone screen about a week later. No problem there either and was scheduled for an in person interview.
    Had to drive 500 miles on my nickel to accommodate the interviewing manager, but we do what we have to. A manager the age of one of my children conducted the interview and was very distracted by the event she was attending at the hotel where the interview took place. I knew I was in trouble when she compared me to her father.
    Followed up with a thank you but didn't get a response, sent another email and made a couple of calls but still no response. Finally contacted original staffer and was told they hired internally. Wasted my time and gas. Took more than 1 month for the whole process.