Lenovo

2.9

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Lenovo in January 2013.

After networking my way through several contacts within Lenovo, I was highly disappointed in the overall experience with this organization. I completed a phone screen interview after leveraging 3 internal contacts for endorsements regarding the open position in a two state area.

The phone screen was typical: we reviewed my resume, the role, and my history with technology sales experience. I was told due to my experience with Enterprise Accounts, my knowledge of the accounts & territory, and my previous partnering experience with Lenovo that I was a perfect fit for the role.

The internal recruiter told me she would forward our conversation to the hiring manager, and I would hear back regarding a face to face interview within a week. After a week of no contact from Lenovo, I email my recruiter, with no response. So I called her directly, and she answered letting me know the manager was traveling and they were behind schedule, but I would have an answer in a few days.

After multiple calls and unanswered voicemails & unanswered emails, i finally gave up on Lenovo.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview process was getting truthful answers from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Public Sector Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lenovo in December 2012.

Pre-screened for experience over the phone by a staffing consultant. Passed with no problem to 2nd phone screen about a week later. No problem there either and was scheduled for an in person interview.
    Had to drive 500 miles on my nickel to accommodate the interviewing manager, but we do what we have to. A manager the age of one of my children conducted the interview and was very distracted by the event she was attending at the hotel where the interview took place. I knew I was in trouble when she compared me to her father.
    Followed up with a thank you but didn't get a response, sent another email and made a couple of calls but still no response. Finally contacted original staffer and was told they hired internally. Wasted my time and gas. Took more than 1 month for the whole process.

User Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lenovo in March 2012.

Two rounds of phone interviews. Didn't make the third round because of lack of global experience.

NPI Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lenovo in December 2011.

The interview process is pretty standard. First round is a phone interview, then followed by an onsite interview if you did well on the first round. Usually you will have the chance to your manager, second line manager and team members, they all have a say on hiring you or not.

Interview Questions
    • Basically there is not treaky questions. Just be prepared. Frequently asked questsions are: whast is your expectation in five years, how to deal with a difficult team member/supplier. ect   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lenovo in October 2011.

Was brought in by a temp company. Had a short interview process where I spoke with people who would be on my team and discussed past work. I was asked into a conference where 4 people sat. Both managers and future co-workers. Everyone was welcoming and quite pleasant.

No negotiation... I went through a temp agency and there was no room for negotiation. Very small raises from year to year.

Director of Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lenovo in June 2011.

Three layers interview including HR screening.

Reference check and salary check.

nothing

Product Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lenovo in May 2011.

Simple, straightforward hiring process- contacted by the hiring manager first and set up an interview slot- only twist is that there was a presentation to be delivered to the hiring manager. Presentation skills and market research skills were tested during this presentation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lenovo in April 2011.

I had phone interviews first and then F2F with many directors. 1 on 1s. It's a lengthy process, but in the end it all worked out .

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe the most challenging experience on this particular area?   View Answer
    Negotiation is a must, just don't sell yourself short.

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lenovo in February 2011.

Initial communication comes from recruiting agency so keep LinkedIn/Monster.com profiles updated. There was a phone interview with agency then two in-person interviews, one with a Team Lead/Manager and one with department head. Questions focused on JavaScript and CSS skills, as well as an previous design experience. Also asked about prior experience with analytics/multivariate testing suites.

Interview Questions
    • What were the areas of opportunity that were outlined on your last performance review and how did you address them?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Lenovo in October 2010.

Extensive process with multiple phone interviews, multiple face to face interviews and a lot of background checks. Request after request for more and more information. I even had an interview with the senior vice president of the division.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a Chinese company ?   View Answer
    HR and hiring manager were very quick in finalizing the offer, and within 2 days and several back and forth negotiation rounds the final agreement was reached.