LensCrafters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.4

Eyecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at LensCrafters (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They asked me about my work experience and simple interview questions. They asked me what I expect from working here and what my career plans are. It was a very relaxed interview.

Retail Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

Two interview sesions. One with Regional manager and then Store manager. They go over accountability, integrity and job responsibility. They will pitch you the possibility of becoming a licensed optician in order to make more money. They also give you the best case scenario where they add your future average bonus and commision in order to increase salary compensation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a low performing associate and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at LensCrafters (Corte Madera, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

To start, it was a warm day so the interview was done outside under a shade umbrella (a nice change from the usual business office setting or hastily-set table in a back corner of a stock room). The manager started off with a synopsis of his career trajectory and the job opportunities that can appear at certain points in the training period. Then of course he wanted to hear about my past professional accomplishments. So overall, I'd have to say it was more along the lines of a meet-and-greet than in-depth interview. In all fairness, the manager was dealing with a chaotic flood of customers that day so he may have needed to cut the session short to get back to the store.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had to "think outside the box" in order to fulfill a customer's need for a solution to a vexing problem of theirs?   Answer Question

Managing Optometrist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LensCrafters (Central, CA).

Interview

phone interview with regional manager and then with the current managing optometrist of the store. The tone was conversational and light. Although I have heard at some sites, the candidate will need to interview with a panel of optometrists.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you learned from your rotation experiences   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very laid back and consistent of your basic interview questions. The interview took a few days as you will have to take a basic skills test. Overall it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a lab tech?   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at LensCrafters (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal Filled out another application. Proceeded to tell me that I did not have enough current managerial or eyeglasses experience. They prefer supervisors to be experienced/ current supervisors because there is so much to learn in this industry, it's important to have current managerial experience to allow concentration on new processes and nuances of this industry.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you supervised large staff.   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at LensCrafters (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial contact through email. First phone interview with HR recruiter, followed by face to face interview with area Regional Manager, followed by phone interview with panel of three Regional Managers from other areas. Recruiter was to maintain contact throughout the process and schedule subsequent interviews and background check, however her follow-through was often not in the time that she indicated.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to coach a struggling employee   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at LensCrafters (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Submit a application to the store and got a call for an interview pretty soon after background check cleared. Took less than a week. The interview questions were all mainly about how you are as a person and not technical at all.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties did you face in a previous job, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at LensCrafters (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat in the back with the lab manager and talked about my past work history and how that could be applied to a job with this company. It was for a part time position. Apparently all the other reviews were pretty spot on about this company trying its hardest not to hire full time. Training period would be for three months at 15-20hrs and after that 15-30hrs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a heavy workload to ensure you would get the job done?   Answer Question

Eyewear Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at LensCrafters (Irvine, CA).

Interview

After i applied, I was called for an interview. I had no eyewear sales experience, but had sales experience. The assistant manager and the lab manager interviewed me about my work history, any difficulties at work with customers. I was offered a position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation in which you felt with a difficult customer and how you solved it.   Answer Question