LensCrafters Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.4

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

WHAT A JOKE.The process went on for 3 months. Started with a recruiter calling me. The interview went well, normal manager and retail questions. She said she would call back and schedule an interview with the Regional. She never called back. I called 3 times for follow up and received ZERO response. A month and a half went by so I gave up. Out of the blue, I get a call to schedule with Regional. Call went great, had a great bond and rapport with Regional. She said I would receive a call back from recruiter for panel interview. Got a call 2 weeks later to sched. panel. Was supposed to be 3 Regionals and recruiter. This call was rescheduled 3 times due to "traveling" Ended up being one regional. OK, call went well. Received a call 2 weeks later from the recruiter offering me a position as GM. Salary was 15k lower than I was currently making. I politely stated that this would not work. I really wanted to join the company but would need more. It was also warranted on my background ans experience. This was a Friday morning. She informed me that she would have a counter that afternoon. The next Wed I received a test that she would hear something by Fri. That was a month and a half ago. I followed up twice. This company DOES NOT follow up, they are extremely unprofessional and apparently these people do not realize they represent their company!!! I have told this story to many friends and co-workers. Not only will I think twice about doing business with this company, so will the people I have told.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to coach your staff for not performing or meeting goals. This question was asked on every interview.   Answer Question

Optician Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Florence, SC).

Interview

Interview went well, waiting to hear back from management. Questions were very clear cut and easy to understand. Management was essentially nice and understanding. Was greeted upon entering and employees were essentially nice. Warm environment from what I saw.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a customer being very irate, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Eyecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They asked me about my work experience and simple interview questions. They asked me what I expect from working here and what my career plans are. It was a very relaxed interview.

Retail Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

Two interview sesions. One with Regional manager and then Store manager. They go over accountability, integrity and job responsibility. They will pitch you the possibility of becoming a licensed optician in order to make more money. They also give you the best case scenario where they add your future average bonus and commision in order to increase salary compensation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a low performing associate and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Corte Madera, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

To start, it was a warm day so the interview was done outside under a shade umbrella (a nice change from the usual business office setting or hastily-set table in a back corner of a stock room). The manager started off with a synopsis of his career trajectory and the job opportunities that can appear at certain points in the training period. Then of course he wanted to hear about my past professional accomplishments. So overall, I'd have to say it was more along the lines of a meet-and-greet than in-depth interview. In all fairness, the manager was dealing with a chaotic flood of customers that day so he may have needed to cut the session short to get back to the store.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had to "think outside the box" in order to fulfill a customer's need for a solution to a vexing problem of theirs?   Answer Question

Managing Optometrist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Central, CA).

Interview

phone interview with regional manager and then with the current managing optometrist of the store. The tone was conversational and light. Although I have heard at some sites, the candidate will need to interview with a panel of optometrists.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you learned from your rotation experiences   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very laid back and consistent of your basic interview questions. The interview took a few days as you will have to take a basic skills test. Overall it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a lab tech?   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LensCrafters (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Informal Filled out another application. Proceeded to tell me that I did not have enough current managerial or eyeglasses experience. They prefer supervisors to be experienced/ current supervisors because there is so much to learn in this industry, it's important to have current managerial experience to allow concentration on new processes and nuances of this industry.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you supervised large staff.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Pensacola, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

recieved call from resume posted. met in back room of the shop, 45 minutes with HR had great questions about engangemnt, making money and selling the brand. talked about histroy of company and the goals. at 85% market share they have to stay sharp to keep on top

Interview Questions

• how do you engage employees   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial contact through email. First phone interview with HR recruiter, followed by face to face interview with area Regional Manager, followed by phone interview with panel of three Regional Managers from other areas. Recruiter was to maintain contact throughout the process and schedule subsequent interviews and background check, however her follow-through was often not in the time that she indicated.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to coach a struggling employee   Answer Question